Maruti Suzuki Brezza VDi AMT: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #151

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Please do add more stuff like this in details. It's an open thread and stuff like this needs to be shared.
I haven't done the same thing done on my 1,20,000 kms run figo. Will do it in the upcoming service. Also does this cleaning also increase mileage?

I haven't done the same thing done on my 1,20,000 kms run figo. Will do it in the upcoming service. Also does this cleaning also increase mileage?
Best to get it done on the Figo too when time permits.

The intercooler fins will be coated in oil residue and the overall surface area available for the intercooler to work correctly will be reduced so indirectly the intercooler will not be able to work as required. Cleaning the intercooler at regular intervals say every 50,000 kms will help in the long run. On my Creta, I did the cleaning first at 35,000 kms and then at 75,000 kms.

The front bumper was removed to access the intercooler top mount bolts (as marked by the orange arrows)
2. Bumper removed.jpg

Boost sensor to be removed
5. Boost pressure sensor.jpg

The intercooler (as seen from engine side)
6. The intercooler.jpg

Top plumbing - Clamp to be loosened to remove the pipe
7. Top plumbing and clamp.jpg

Bottom plumbing - Clamp to be loosened to remove the pipe. Access this clamp from the top is difficult so the best is to remove the plastic cover underneath and access the clamp
8. Bottom plumbing and clamp.jpg

Cleaning help for the DIY
14. Cleaning help.jpg

WIP
15. Cleaning.jpg

Condition of the internals
16. Internal condition.png

I plan to do it again in the coming days when I get some time as the current odo is 1,26,xxx kms.

Overall after driving the 1.3L MJD engine in the Ritz VDi and Swift ZDi, one thing that I noted is the design of the intercooler plumbing also makes a lot of difference in 'how much' oil one would find after say driving for 50,000 kms.

Thread Starter #153

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Got the brake pads changed outside. Maruti's OEM, I think it's RANE brand is really bad. Even my new Hyryder has pathetic brakes and I am assuming it to be RANE.
Odo at 83k kms. Got the disc resurfaced too.
Disc resurface- 480rs
Bosch brake pads - 850rs
Brake pads plus disc labor 300rs.

IMG_20230902_145201.jpg

IMG_20230902_144217.jpg

deville_56

Honoured Member
Got the brake pads changed outside. Maruti's OEM, I think it's RANE brand is really bad. Even my new Hyryder has pathetic brakes and I am assuming it to be RANE.
Odo at 83k kms. Got the disc resurfaced too.
Disc resurface- 480rs
Bosch brake pads - 850rs
Brake pads plus disc labor 300rs.

View attachment 313317
View attachment 313316
Mechanics here prefer Rane over Bosch, even the ex-Bosch guy replaced Fiesta's pad with with Rane. Maruti OE used to be TVS Girling.

Thread Starter #155

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
In my opinion tvs girling is the best. I remember changing them in my santro and the performance was instantly improved.
Will do more research about RANE brand. Will also check Hyryder's oem.

Mechanics here prefer Rane over Bosch, even the ex-Bosch guy replaced Fiesta's pad with with Rane. Maruti OE used to be TVS Girling.
Didn't know that Maruti has moved out from TVS-Girling to Rane brake components. [frustration]

In my opinion tvs girling is the best. I remember changing them in my santro and the performance was instantly improved.
Did you think of getting any aftermarket brands like EBC or Brembo during the brake pad change? I have been using Brembo's on my Creta since the car clocked ~18,000 kms. Now it is at 1,26,xxx kms. Have changed the pads at 80K kms I think.

P30070 Pads.jpg

The pads.jpg

Also when you re-surfaced the rotors, did you check how much 'thickness' was removed from the rotor? Every rotor has a safety limit that shouldn't be crossed for optimal braking.

Top Bottom