Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

Glad your issues solved, as I told you earlier shoddy job of brake caliper pins. Now they have cleaned and greased properly, problem solved. As you observed greasing top and bottom of the pads are caliper pins. You said they have washed pads that clears the brake dust created by earlier pad irregularities, cleaning the pads with emery paper. Let them replace the suspected part for the noise issue. How about leaning to one side. Regarding Tyre rotation check images. Post alignment report.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes Sir, I am very much relaxed. Again got that confidence and hit the accelerator bit hard, every thing was under control. Sir rotation definitely helped but they did not rotate any tire diagonal. but simply front to back & back to front on same side. Please have a look at the alignment report, but it was not fixed, sometimes red other time green with higher numbers. No static report. I have been asked to take the snap when every thing remains GREEN. They did not used emery paper rather they washed the brake pads with warm water & some hot water on battery terminals too. Checked the current drawn when every light was off, it was .04 units and told its OK as I have a tracker connected to the internal fuse box. Noticed one crack on FL tire and asked to talk to my tire shop for replacement if it is under warranty. On Mileage issue they told it is not in their hand to increase or decrease it. Idle RPM was still at 900-950 unit. As par them they re-applied grease to calipers but I noticed that they applied MGP rust smash on brake pad ends. I am attaching all the pics so that it will be clear for you as what ever I am telling is not very much technical. But I am desperately waiting for your suggestion regarding RPM & clicking noise issue.

Attachments

Usage of emery paper is earlier job not this time. If car not leaning to one side forget about alignment. Replace the Tyre ASAP, for proper Tyre rotation pls refer to my above post. What is the RPM earlier.

The crack is dangerous, is it so ! Shall I go for online or purchase from shop? They will say many things regarding warranty and ultimately I have to purchase it. Last time it costs me Rs. 8500/- each plus alignment, balancing. Altogether another bill around 3k. RPM was somewhat between 800-850 and after servicing it has gone to 900-950. They told me its normal but I can feel the difference the vibration as well as drop in mileage. Even after servicing I am feeling that the cabin is no more calm and could hear the outside noise.

Yes Sir Single tyre. Its Yokohama Earth 1, 205/55/R16. No the spare is the stock Apollo. I have not checked the RPM with AC, will check it. If not wrong first let it be idle than I will switch on the AC in idle condition ! Is it OK Sir ? For tire have to purchase it from shop, did they charge me higher ?

If Apollo also 205/55/R16 you can use it. later you can file for warranty. You can switch on AC in idle. Actually using AC in idle good for modern car. whenever compressor works radiator fan runs that cools the engine temp never goes above 90 degrees otherwise it goes to 97 degrees.

OK Sir. but spare stock Apollo is 195/--/R16. I have not registered it earlier while purchasing, thus is it possible to file for warranty now ?

Sir the four tires which are fitted are Yokohama. The spare in the boot is stock Apollo with lesser width. Problem is with Yokohama.

Sir there was very minor change when I switched on the AC. I discovered one thing that particular noise is some how related to the brake pedal/ brakes. When I applied the brake & released it started and became little fent after some time. Again when I reapplied & released the brake it again started with higher intensity. Again I have a audio video of 29 sec of the same but please let me know how will I let you hear the same ? There was a mistake the spare tire is of MRF not Apollo. Please a have a look at the attached files.

Attachments

Cold start rpm is normal. With AC on 100 to 200 rpm increase normal. Only thing need to evaluate idle rpm. Are referring vacuum type noise when you press release brakes?.

Sir I did not get it. Please make it bit clear. There is noise some what khar-khar. They suspected it to be the booster vacuum valve inside the pipe, They told it is specific to RS trim and normal Baleno has only pipe no valve inside. RPM is increasing with AC within the limit what you have mentioned.

Sir what do you say about the issue ? As asked by you "Are referring vacuum type noise when you press release brakes?. " it is not clear for me.

Top Bottom