Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

Ok Sir. Actually I found the product interesting and get it installed without any review. Will the tire return to their original position afterwards, means any time in future? as you recommend rotation I will get it done & keep a diagram of the rotation so that I can track the actual tire.

Ok Sir. Actually I found the product interesting and get it installed without any review. Will the tire return to their original position afterwards, means any time in future? as you recommend rotation I will get it done & keep a diagram of the rotation so that I can track the actual tire.
Yes you can do that, don't miss tire rotation once in 10K km or one year.

Suryaputhra Sir,
Earlier I was thinking that I may be wrong and the car is almost like it was before the servicing. But your explanation confirmed me that I was / am right and the car is having some serious issues. Apart from the earlier mentioned problems, I noticed too that the driving feels bit heavy, mileage has almost fixed at 16.4 Km/L. The RPM too feels on higher side, when complained they showed me the OBD report and which shows 950 which is within the specified limit 850-950, but still I feel it at on higher side. alignment was also done but I found steering wheel is little bit tilted towards right. I asked them to adjust that. They adjusted the same and asked me they kept it 0.2 - 0.3 points towards left as I was feeling the right tilting. With so many issues I am very much confused what to do or what to not. The main skit of front left wheel and unwanted movement of the steering wheel scares me a lot. Shall I ask them to check the proportional valve and re-grease the caliper pin of that particular wheel. Please suggest me what to do as day by day I am loosing confidence as well as the driving pleasure of this booster jet engine.

Suryaputhra Sir,
Earlier I was thinking that I may be wrong and the car is almost like it was before the servicing. But your explanation confirmed me that I was / am right and the car is having some serious issues. Apart from the earlier mentioned problems, I noticed too that the driving feels bit heavy, mileage has almost fixed at 16.4 Km/L. The RPM too feels on higher side, when complained they showed me the OBD report and which shows 950 which is within the specified limit 850-950, but still I feel it at on higher side. alignment was also done but I found steering wheel is little bit tilted towards right. I asked them to adjust that. They adjusted the same and asked me they kept it 0.2 - 0.3 points towards left as I was feeling the right tilting. With so many issues I am very much confused what to do or what to not. The main skit of front left wheel and unwanted movement of the steering wheel scares me a lot. Shall I ask them to check the proportional valve and re-grease the caliper pin of that particular wheel. Please suggest me what to do as day by day I am loosing confidence as well as the driving pleasure of this booster jet engine.
Let me analyse reason for harsh idling. You can read my article on wheel alignment in this forum somewhere and how it impacts dynamics of the car. Wheel skid is not good. No need of panic cars are mechanical we can bring back to original condition. Can you post Wheel alignment report I will analyze it. proportional valve is incorporated in ABS module. They should repeat full process of bleeding cleaning and greasing two caliper pins not one. At what speed tire skids any ABS lamp blinks at that time on instrument panel for a sec. I am referring service manual of Baleno for rough idling pls give some time.

Thank you very much Sir for your continuous concern. They have some issue with the printer thats why report is not with me but they have taken a snap and I will try to get it from them. o be in safe side shall I ask them to change the proportional valve, how much will it cost? Some one told me that there may be a reset button for proportional valve, is it right ? Or the full process of bleeding cleaning and greasing two caliper pins will be enough ? Tire skids when i tried to stop suddenly between 60-70 kmph, it is very prominent when the road is rough enough or I leave the highway to stop on unmetaled road. I will check the speed once more. Two incidences scared me a lot due to this, one was when I applied hard brake when a kid came in front of me all of a sudden and the pulled me left side, the side which were the kid trying to escape. Another was when my father was feeling uncomfortable and I had to stop the car, I applied brake, took left to un-metaled side and left the highway, but the car did not stop where it was supposed to stop, it took me almost to a mile stone which was ahead. So the braking became very unpredictable in emergency situation but It is Ok in my daily drive of 40kms on smooth roads. When you refer the manual, please make sure that it is for BALENO RS, as there are few differences in between normal baleno & RS. I hope that the issues will be resolved and I may get that confidence again. Now you are the only hope for me, please suggest what to do. As I am not very conversant with mechanical things, if you suggest I will go to any mechanic and ask him to do whatever you suggest. Thank you very very much. VISHNUCARCRAZY Sir has also helped here but he might be busy these days.

1. Baleno RS is 1.0 ltr booster jet I know that. It is a test mule for bigger booster jet Suzuki engines.

2. As I told you earlier ABS unit consist of valves. It is expensive and not advised to replace unless it is malfunctioning severely. In not ABS models Proportionate valve contains four spring loaded valves with specified pressure for each wheel. In ABS model pressures of the valves maintained by ECM based on the wheel sensor.

3. In your case go to service center take them to test drive show the wheel skidding. Ask them to solve the issue at any cost. If you talk to them more technical details the don't know anything. Just show the issue. As a owner you should know some tech details of the car that is the reason these posts.

Sir sorry for reminding you about the car trim, somehow I forgot that I am communicating with an expert. Apart from it shall I ask them to check the pressure of the proportionate valve (assuming I know bit about cars) or just ask them to resolve the issue. Meanwhile you please go through the service manual. As asked earlier please have a look at the engine bay too. There also I have a new problem with an intruder a RAT/s, chewed some of the wire covers. I have been asked to keep tobacco leaves, which you can see in the engine bay. If the pic is not in proper angle please let me know, I will take another snap and sorry for the dirty bay too as the washing is still due.

Attachments

I completely agree with Surya sir in his comments (He's an expert with maruti suzukis).
As steering is also included , I just want to clarify with surya sir - Sir , the car is having an issue with both brakes (wheel skidding) and steering , is the issue linked to one another . If so , as you said it can be related to ABS module / is it something linked with steering- brakes in common ?

VISHNUCARCRAZY Sir, I just want to clear one thing, the skidding is only in the left front wheel not with both of the wheels. thanks

Last edited:
Sir sorry for reminding you about the car trim, somehow I forgot that I am communicating with an expert. Apart from it shall I ask them to check the pressure of the proportionate valve (assuming I know bit about cars) or just ask them to resolve the issue. Meanwhile you please go through the service manual. As asked earlier please have a look at the engine bay too. There also I have a new problem with an intruder a RAT/s, chewed some of the wire covers. I have been asked to keep tobacco leaves, which you can see in the engine bay. If the pic is not in proper angle please let me know, I will take another snap and sorry for the dirty bay too as the washing is still due.
Hi, quite busy today, I will try to reply tomorrow. Post clear picture of gear box side.

No issues Sir. Please take your time. Tomorrow will be the forth day of braking exercise, I will test the update you that too. Sir, sorry to say but where is the gear box situated ?

Last edited:
Sir, I could not check the breaking problem. Yesterday I was thinking to check it but somehow I didn't get the courage. Today I will try it. I could only test the steering, which is not under proper control. Even cornering at higher speed became risky (which I noticed today). They have already messed up every thing, I am very much disappointed with the service and even I feel very frustrated too.

Surya Sir, Today I got from ASS regarding the last servicing and were asking about my satisfaction. I told them the issue. They will come today to test it (same time I will also test it in their presence). I have explained them the issues, shall I tell them something technically (showing that I know many things about the car- which is not true). If clicking noise will be resolved by us than its useless to ask them to further operate the car. If you suggest I will ask them to do the bleeding process again and proper caliper greasing, wheel rotation, alignment once again thats all. Is it OK. Let the alen key be there. Please reply.

Top Bottom