Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

What I think is, if I will switch ON the AC/Fan than only the allen key may make noise but the noise is there when just the engine is in ON. Yes they have changed the brake fluid. There should not be any tyres issue as they look almost like new & ran Approx 17k only.
Can I leave that allen key there as it is if it is not disturbing or have to remove it for future safety ?
Thanks

You can leave there and do the work later on during next service .
Regarding tyres what I meant was a one side wear (If braking is excessive in one side - due to faulty brake pads or caliper pins or if one side suspension component is faulty ) .

OK. I will check it once & try to show you a pic of front left tyre within an hour, as car is there in parking lot of my office. If you suggest afterword I will get it checked by the guys at workshop.

Brake bleeding should be done by using Vacuum suction equipment but none of the dealers use this they do brake bleeding using brutal method one mechanic pushing the brake pedal all the way down to floor and the other mechanic collecting the old fluid in the bottle and topping up new brake fluid in the container. This crude method damages master cylinder and proportionate valve.

In non ABS models the skidding caused by malfunctioning proportionate valve. In your case your car is ABS model. ABS module itself incorporate valves(proportionate valve). This can be damaged by the above brutal method of brake fluid bleeding. No so common but chances are there.

2. Steering vibration on hard braking is caused by caliper pin improper travel, shoddy job of cleaning brake pads, disks and drum. One should not use emery paper to resurface the brake pads and drums but always this method is used by mechanics. This makes improper mating surface and causes steering vibration on hard braking. One more possibility while they do brakes they clean caliper pins if they do not properly lubricate this issues arises.

3. If the car is manual minor clicking noise is caused by gear control fork leaver in the engine bay. This notorious issue is there in all Suzuki vehicles derived from swift gear box. If your car is automatic let me know.

4. Leave the alen key, do not remove dash you get more rattling and electric problems.

Advised solutions for each case.

1. In the morning once car reached to normal engine temp keep the car in parking brake applied and in neutral, pump the brake pedal 4 or 5 times. Leave for a min and repeat the process. Do this for about a two to three days and report me back.

2. Steering vibration will go off after 100km if not gone ask them to repeat the brakes cleaning make sure not use emery paper and properly grease caliper pins. Some times this solves skid issue too.

3. There are no dangerous equipment inside the dash to react with alen key leave it.

4. If you car is manual let me know I will guide you how to solve that clicking issue.

New brake fluid increases braking efficiency you may use your old adapted braking force on brake pedal. This to causes strong braking. So just go soft on pedal for sometime.

Last edited:
Dear Suryaputhra Sir, Thank you very much for this detail analysis. I am very much impressed that person like you are here, who are ready to help others without any personal interest. really it is beyond my imagination. My SA might not have analysed my issues like this.

1. In the morning once car reached to normal engine temp keep the car in parking brake applied and in neutral, pump the brake pedal 4 or 5 times. Leave for a min and repeat the process. Do this for about a two to three days and report me back.
OK I will do this 4-5 times at one go than after 1 minute again 4-5 times.
Steering vibration will go off after 100km if not gone ask them to repeat the brakes cleaning make sure not use emery paper and properly grease caliper pins. Some times this solves skid issue too.
you mean 100kms after this process. I have already ran more than 400kms after servicing.
About emery paper, if not by this, than what to tell them regarding cleaning means how to clean !
There are no dangerous equipment inside the dash to react with alen key leave it.
If I could make you understand that the alen key was slipped through the windshield defogger vents which are at the top of the dashboard. If so, I will leave the alen key there & procure a new one.
If you car is manual let me know I will guide you how to solve that clicking issue.
Yes Sir, the car is Baleno RS and its manual.
New brake fluid increases braking efficiency you may use your old adapted braking force on brake pedal. This to causes strong braking. So just go soft on pedal for sometime.
Ok I will do this, but in my case I observed that the braking distance has increased a little bit but I am not sure about it.

Once again thank you very much for the time and efforts too.

You can leave there and do the work later on during next service .
Regarding tyres what I meant was a one side wear (If braking is excessive in one side - due to faulty brake pads or caliper pins or if one side suspension component is faulty ) .
The same point explained superbly by Surya sir .
It was a learning experience for me also , regarding correct technique of how to bleed brakes .
I always insist on not to sand out brake pads (it actually causes more wear of pads too ) . Also I insist them to use vernier to find out the thickness , atleast 5-10mm thickness should be there , else pads needs replacement (in case of other countries it is 20-30mm )

Dear Suryaputhra Sir, Thank you very much for this detail analysis. I am very much impressed that person like you are here, who are ready to help others without any personal interest. really it is beyond my imagination. My SA might not have analysed my issues like this.

OK I will do this 4-5 times at one go than after 1 minute again 4-5 times.

you mean 100kms after this process. I have already ran more than 400kms after servicing.
About emery paper, if not by this, than what to tell them regarding cleaning means how to clean !

If I could make you understand that the alen key was slipped through the windshield defogger vents which are at the top of the dashboard. If so, I will leave the alen key there & procure a new one.

Yes Sir, the car is Baleno RS and its manual.

Ok I will do this, but in my case I observed that the braking distance has increased a little bit but I am not sure about it.

Once again thank you very much for the time and efforts too.
1. Post the shot of your engine bay I will guide to resolve clicking noise issue.

2. If you feel braking distance increased after brake bleeding check pedal travel distance and its sponginess and compare it before brake bleeding. If you feel pedal travels more and spongy there is air in the system. Demand them to redo the bleeding process.

Brake pads and shoes should be cleaned with brake pad cleaner spray.

3. There are two sets of pipes for demister air flow. alen key will not go up to blower and cause any trouble. If alen key causing noise it is possible to remove one of the pipes and extract key without removing dash.

4. What is the Tyre brand. When you have done Tyre rotation.

5. 400 km is enough to settle these braking issues unless there is real problem. As I told you in my previous post follow advice number 1 and revert me back. We will further look in the the matter if not solved.

reply 1. Ok Sir I will take pic of the bay and upload.
r2. pedal travel distance cant be compared as I have never noticed it earlier.

r3. I will try to find out the pipes under the dash and get it confirmed from you.
r4. Tyre is Yokohama Earth 1. I have not done rotation ever. ASS were asking for rotation but I refused as I have internal TPMS installed.
r5.I have already started implementing your advice, today is the 1st day.
I will update it to you. Thank you very much for your continuous support.

Tyre rotation is extremely important what causing you not to do it. They will not remove tire from rim they rotate the tires with rim in specific pattern.

Last edited:
Actually they have to remove the tire from rim and have to reinstall the TPMS in proper sequence as per the display. as these are internal TPMS you know better that there are lots of things associated with it.

Actually they have to remove the tire from rim and have to reinstall the TPMS in proper sequence as per the display. as these are internal TPMS you know better that there are lots of things associated with it.
In automotive technology if you are not rotating tires once in 10k km will lead to unwanted results in all the way to tires, entire suspension set up sometimes it will create body flex too. I have extensively tested these tpms setup, and not installed in my cars. I just check pressure once in two weeks.

Last edited:

Top Bottom