Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

Apple Carplay:
The sound has suddenly reduced when the songs are played via BT or USB cord.
The sound is pretty loud on other streams like Radio.
I have tried switching off the mobile and car and restarting it,but to no avail.
I have tried with different USB cord but to no avail.
How can i correct it?
I never had an issue like this, Try getting the software of your SLDA updated to the latest version 1750. Then you can use androidauto to conect your smartphone to the head unit.

Got a chance to drive me friends Baleno Delta Petrol for 600 kms which included a bit of hill driving. The car was 8 months old with 13k on the odo. This is my observation after the drive. Btw, i drive a Hyundai Grand i10.

pros:

1. Very good seats : Both the front buckets seats are very comfortable. Much better than gi10.
2. Steering. Good response from the steering, no under or over steering issue. Most Hyundai's including gi10 has not so great steering.
3. Very spacious : Good leg and knee room. Boot space is great too.

Cons

1. Pickup. I have always read that Maruti petrol engines are great performers but i was disappointed . You really need to whip that engine to get some performance out. The car i drove struggled in the hills. When i bought this to the notice of my friend he said that Maruti technicians did something when he complained about poor mileage during second service and since then performance has gone for a toss.

2. Rattles : The car was rattling from everywhere. Doors, dash and everywhere. It was quite irritating to say the seat. My 10k done Gi10 doesn't have a single rattle from anywhere.

3. Interiors: Although the interiors looked okay but it doesn't seem to the same quality as Hyundai be it on quality front or longevity front. I could see rust building up on seat sliders. The dash plastics had a worn out look.

4. High speed stability: Since the trip involved highway drives, i could push the car a bit. Upto 100 kms car feels stable but beyond that it feels nervous. I feel my g10 on the other hand fares better till 120 kmph.

Last edited:
I never had an issue like this, Try getting the software of your SLDA updated to the latest version 1750. Then you can use androidauto to conect your smartphone to the head unit.
I use an Iphone, and am very satisfied with the Apple Carplay.
But i am surely going to get it rebooted from the Service Center guys.
Thanks

Hi Sumesh,
Nice observation and feedback.
dont mind, but would like to correct few of your points,

1. Pickup. I have always read that Maruti petrol engines are great performers but i was disappointed . You really need to whip that engine to get some performance out. The car i drove struggled in the hills. When i bought this to the notice of my friend he said that Maruti technicians did something when he complained about poor mileage during second service and since then performance has gone for a toss.
Driving since 20k kms, i must say the Baleno Petrol engine is very peppy and one can have lots of fun. Maybe the settings has been changed of this particular car to enhance Mileage.

2. Rattles : The car was rattling from everywhere. Doors, dash and everywhere. It was quite irritating to say the seat. My 10k done Gi10 doesn't have a single rattle from anywhere.
Being a member of Baleno Group,i admit there is hardly any complain from any member regarding the Rattling.
Again this problem seems to be regarding a particular car.
Service Center can solve the rattling issues.

4. High speed stability: Since the trip involved highway drives, i could push the car a bit. Upto 100 kms car feels stable but beyond that it feels nervous. I feel my g10 on the other hand fares better till 120 kmph.
I dont agree to this point, Stability is good even at 120/140 kmph

@Silvereyez I too would vouch for balenos K12B, its a real gem of an engine. I too have driven baleno extensively, Did a lot of Surat - Mumbai - surat trips and konkan Goa trips in this beauty, as my bro in law owns a baleno zeta. His car is 1 year old and currently has 16.5k on the odo, But there is no rattles from any panels whatsoever. Infact I can here some slightly irritating rattle from my Ciaz at times.

Got my full suspension changed under warranty after 17k kms. Those who are not satisfied with the bouncy ride quality can go for the change. It was a bit lengthy procedure as i live in a small town, but thanks to maruti suzuki for the initiative and the ride quality is far better now. Although i can feel the steering feedback is bit poor now and not that confidence inspiring at high speed.
but overall a happy customer now.[:D][:D][:D]

Attachments

I am trying to install a Ritz Diesel Tachometer to my Baleno Sigma 1.3D as the Sigma variant of Baleno does not have a Tacho in the instrument cluster. I need the wiring harness diagram so that I can find the Engine RPM signal wire which I can use to run the Tachometer that I bought from MGP.
How much did the tachometer cost ? Can I fix it in Ignis Sigma ?

Hello there!

This seems to be very basic question.
Is it mandatory to get your car serviced every 5000 KMs like on 15000, 25000 and so on apart from mandatory 10000 KMs and multiples of it? If yes, then why isn't this mentioned in the service manual. Service manual only talks about Air filter cleaning on every 5000 KMs.

I own Baleno Alpha Petrol.

Best Regards
-SKR

Hello there!

This seems to be very basic question.
Is it mandatory to get your car serviced every 5000 KMs like on 15000, 25000 and so on apart from mandatory 10000 KMs and multiples of it? If yes, then why isn't this mentioned in the service manual. Service manual only talks about Air filter cleaning on every 5000 KMs.

I own Baleno Alpha Petrol.

Best Regards
-SKR
It is not at all compulsory to service car after every 5000kms.
It is generally 1000km,5000km,10000km and after that at every interval of 10000kms.

It is not at all compulsory to service car after every 5000kms.
It is generally 1000km,5000km,10000km and after that at every interval of 10000kms.
Thanks for the quick reply.

These Maruti service guys keep pushing for 5000km service.

I guess if I get 5000km recommended air filter cleaning at some local service centre then it will be fine or I go to MASS?

Thanks for the quick reply.

These Maruti service guys keep pushing for 5000km service.

I guess if I get 5000km recommended air filter cleaning at some local service centre then it will be fine or I go to MASS?
Its perfect to change or clean the Air Filter at your local service centre, no need to visit MASS.

Can somebody post the OBD connector wiring diagram from the Baleno Service Manual ? I am trying to understand the OBD Protocol that Baleno Diesel is using. Thanks.

Top Bottom