Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

No mate ! Not the body design ! Small dents I shall attach the pictures in an hour or two ! I guess they're due to the thin sheet of metal! I mean they're not prominent ! But yes they are dents !

After taking delivery from Park street Premier Nexa,kolkata, i found some scratches all over the external body of my Baleno zeta red.Immediately i raised a fuss over it and i was told they would send the vehicle back to maruti and would do something.i was not allowed to do a proper pdi at the stockyard earlier.i didnt check the anti pinch window yet but would surely do once i get my car redeliverd.

No mate ! Not the body design ! Small dents I shall attach the pictures in an hour or two ! I guess they're due to the thin sheet of metal! I mean they're not prominent ! But yes they are dents !
It might be damage but definitely not only due to the thin sheet metal. But you said that all display cars had these "dents", how? And did you do a PDI before delivery? And were those dents present at the time of delivery also?

Waiting for the pics.

It might be damage but definitely not only due to the thin sheet metal. But you said that all display cars had these "dents", how? And did you do a PDI before delivery? And were those dents present at the time of delivery also?

Waiting for the pics.
I did do a pdi in the dealership ! But not under sunlight ! There was decent lighting though ! These dents are very small (a small line like ) which can be seen most on dzires and swifts ! My recent visit to dealership has confirmed this ! There were similar dents on the displayed balenos as well .
Note : they're visible only when viewed at an angle ! Please zoom in and have a look at them !
Odds are that I might not have spotted them while taking delivery !

Attachments

I did do a pdi in the dealership ! But not under sunlight ! There was decent lighting though ! These dents are very small (a small line like ) which can be seen most on dzires and swifts ! My recent visit to dealership has confirmed this ! There were similar dents on the displayed balenos as well .
Note : they're visible only when viewed at an angle ! Please zoom in and have a look at them !
looks like it happened in transit

Are you sure that display cars had these exact dents (on same locations, i.e.)? If this is the case, then it is likely to be a manufacturing fault for a batch. But it is strange as these dents would have been spotted in the Quality Checks easily.

If it is not the case with other cars, then your car might have been damaged during transit, as atlex123 said. It is also likely that in the yard, someone would have opened the doors of another car (parked close by) and damaged your car. These vertical dents look like those caused by door-hitting by closely parked cars. But again, it is not possible to dent the upper portion of the rear door (in that angle)!

I would say, just ignore them. They are on the opposite side (you'll not see them everytime) and are not that prominent to carry out a repair work. A badly done repair would make things worse. Try contacting your SA and see if he can do something, like replace the entire doors (left side). It would be great if some members (and Baleno owners) can join in and check if their cars also have these dents.

EDIT - After reading the last post, I am thinking that your dealership is HAUNTED! [lol]

Last edited:
Are you sure that display cars had these exact dents (on same locations, i.e.)? If this is the case, then it is likely to be a manufacturing fault for a batch. But it is strange as these dents would have been spotted in the Quality Checks easily.

If it is not the case with other cars, then your car might have been damaged during transit, as atlex123 said. It is also likely that in the yard, someone would have opened the doors of another car (parked close by) and damaged your car. These vertical dents look like those caused by door-hitting by closely parked cars. But again, it is not possible to dent the upper portion of the rear door (in that angle)!

I would say, just ignore them. They are on the opposite side (you'll not see them everytime) and are not that prominent to carry out a repair work. A badly done repair would make things worse. Try contacting your SA and see if he can do something, like replace the entire doors (left side). It would be great if some members (and Baleno owners) can join in and check if their cars also have these dents.

EDIT - After reading the last post, I am thinking that your dealership is HAUNTED! [lol]
Haha! The dealership sucks big time ! And needless to say nexa doesn't offer any premium experience ! I had a really bad experience with the nexa guys already ! I shall ignore them ! They ain't visible unless you look at them in depth and only at an angle ! In fact they were really small and not visible that I had to spend a good 10 mins to capture them ! I am really happy with the car though !
I just was curious if it was common for the balenos to get dents so easily! So this post .
Also I have seen swifts and dzires with these kinds of dents on few of the cars parked in my garage ! I thought they didn't maintain their cars properly .
PS :the dealership doesn't even bother to get the tyre pressure right ! It's about 50 psi (I'm not kidding ) and I guess 50% of the users drive away like that unless they have an experience with a previous car or they read the manual!

Haha! The dealership sucks big time ! And needless to say nexa doesn't offer any premium experience ! I had a really bad experience with the nexa guys already ! I shall ignore them ! They ain't visible unless you look at them in depth and only at an angle ! In fact they were really small and not visible that I had to spend a good 10 mins to capture them ! I am really happy with the car though !
I just was curious if it was common for the balenos to get dents so easily! So this post .
Also I have seen swifts and dzires with these kinds of dents on few of the cars parked in my garage ! I thought they didn't maintain their cars properly .
PS :the dealership doesn't even bother to get the tyre pressure right ! It's about 50 psi (I'm not kidding ) and I guess 50% of the users drive away like that unless they have an experience with a previous car or they read the manual!
Yes, tyres are over-inflated during transit and some customers take delivery with that 50 PSI, forget about getting it checked and then complain about the bouncy ride quality. And this 50 PSI lasts for one year and then they refill the tyre to recommended pressure, without knowing about the reason for that bouncy ride quality. [lol]

Even my Etios had 50 PSI, and we took the car out of the showroom to the petrol pump (+ air filling wala) and he didn't use the air filling pipe. He just used his pressure gauge (to measure) and reduced the air, maybe they also know that cars just out of the showroom have over inflated tyres.

Try contacting your SA and see if he can do something, like replace the entire doors (left side). It would be great if some members (and Baleno owners) can join in and check if their cars also have these dents.

In case someone is asking for a replacement of the doors, please note that the replacement is likely to be made at the dealer level. If my understanding is right, OEM door panels have a unique gum on the beading that is not present in replaced parts. When claiming insurance or selling the car later, the replacement may be considered as one due to a damage resulting from an accident so it's advisable to avoid replacing a door unless it's really necessary. As ice_wise said, it's better to ignore these minor dents.

If you see dents at the PDI or at delivery, go ahead and ask them to replace the panel. It wont be treated as a accidental damage because the dealer cant claim insurance.

Three issues I have been having since I took delivery yesterday

1) The push start system has a mind of its own. Today, when I wanted to drive off, I kept pressing the button with the clutch depressed and brake pressed, it just kept switching ON and OFF. Didnt start several times. Later, I noticed that the gear shift was not smooth. First I removed the rubber mat thinking its thickness was causing this, then I took the box mat off and realised that it has a raised side that was causing the clutch not to be fully depressed. The raised side is for accomodating the clutch dead pedal. Now that means its a teething issue but it also means this car needs the clutch to be fully depressed for operations, not something I was having in the Swift
2). Viewing area is less. Now since I am used to a Wagon R and Swift, I am used to sitting very upright, so I straightened the backrest and raised the seat a lot. So much so that my head was 2 or 3 inches from the liner. That reduce thigh and knee pain I was having with a lower seat but now the IRVM is in the way. This car needs to be driven sitting like a sedan, not like a hatch
3) Mirrors are really small as compared to the Swift. Had a lot of trouble in bumper to bumper traffic yesterday night bringing her home because I couldnt tell how far away or behind the neighbouring car was and people kept squeezing me. Was a lot more comfortable in daylight today but it will still take time to know the 4 corners of the car

Another issue- I bought the reversing camera with display but it cant be integrated with the sensors, so other than telling you there is an obstacle behind, it cant tell you how far the obstacle behind is. Plus, there is no display that tells the distance from the obstacle and you need to trust the beeps in reversing.

Ameyam

Hi
Two days back got the the delivery of BALENO DELTA PETROL MANUAL
1)anti pinch working fine
2) car is running smoothly

Just wanted to ask
When I open the car with remote
After pressing once only driver side door open
Bt after pressing the remote twice all other doors open

If you see dents at the PDI or at delivery, go ahead and ask them to replace the panel. It wont be treated as a accidental damage because the dealer cant claim insurance.

Three issues I have been having since I took delivery yesterday

1) The push start system has a mind of its own. Today, when I wanted to drive off, I kept pressing the button with the clutch depressed and brake pressed, it just kept switching ON and OFF. Didnt start several times. Later, I noticed that the gear shift was not smooth. First I removed the rubber mat thinking its thickness was causing this, then I took the box mat off and realised that it has a raised side that was causing the clutch not to be fully depressed. The raised side is for accomodating the clutch dead pedal. Now that means its a teething issue but it also means this car needs the clutch to be fully depressed for operations, not something I was having in the Swift
2). Viewing area is less. Now since I am used to a Wagon R and Swift, I am used to sitting very upright, so I straightened the backrest and raised the seat a lot. So much so that my head was 2 or 3 inches from the liner. That reduce thigh and knee pain I was having with a lower seat but now the IRVM is in the way. This car needs to be driven sitting like a sedan, not like a hatch
3) Mirrors are really small as compared to the Swift. Had a lot of trouble in bumper to bumper traffic yesterday night bringing her home because I couldnt tell how far away or behind the neighbouring car was and people kept squeezing me. Was a lot more comfortable in daylight today but it will still take time to know the 4 corners of the car

Another issue- I bought the reversing camera with display but it cant be integrated with the sensors, so other than telling you there is an obstacle behind, it cant tell you how far the obstacle behind is. Plus, there is no display that tells the distance from the obstacle and you need to trust the beeps in reversing.

Ameyam
Completely agree with your observations Ameyam.

1) Your Swift didn't have push-start, so depressing clutch won't be required anyway.

2) The roof is a bit low at the front with the seat height jacked up. I think the angle of the front windshield has something to do with this. When at the rear, headroom is ample. So it is better to adopt a low slung driving style (a la Civic) to enjoy the drive.

3) ORVMs are small. You will need to get some more experience behind the wheel. One thing to remember, as you are coming from the Swift, is thag the rear overhang (part after rear tyre) is very long and one needs to account for that while reversing or driving.

4) For the camera, you should have got the one with guidelines (not adaptive, fixed ones). Or are you having that one only?

You are right. But i have the habit from the very beginning to depress the clutch when starting any car. The issue here is that clutch needs to be depressed all the way down & the xar starts moving as soon as you let go evev just a bit

You are also right regarding the driving position. But since i always drove in a very upright way, i need more practice with the low slung position. Also, doesnt the mirror frame move to take the mirror upto the headliner? It looks like it does have that provision

The windscreen is more inclined in the Baleno, so the viewing area is less to begin with & the mirror is just in the way even more

I really need more time with the OVRMs also.

The camera is just fixed without guidelines. Thats what Nexa has at present. Also those buggers put the display on the passenger side instead of drivers side so its too small & appears far away as compared to the Swift's system. If it is too much of a hassle, i will change it later

Ameyam

Last edited:
You are right. But i have the habit from the very beginning to depress the clutch when starting any car. The issue here is that clutch needs to be depressed all the way down & the xar starts moving as soon as you let go evev just a bit

You are also right regarding the driving position. But since i always drove in a very upright way, i need more practice with the low slung position. Also, doesnt the mirror frame move to take the mirror upto the headliner? It looks like it does have that provision

The windscreen is more inclined in the Baleno, so the viewing area is less to begin with & the mirror is just in the way even more

I really need more time with the OVRMs also.

The camera is just fixed without guidelines. Thats what Nexa has at present. Also those buggers put the display on the passenger side instead of drivers side so its too small & appears far away as compared to the Swift's system. If it is too much of a hassle, i will change it later

Ameyam
No I don't think IRVM has provision for height adjustment. Check out the manual for this.

Now the camera is bad. No guidelines, plus no distance display from sensors means that you would have to analyse the image carefully. OTOH I found Alpha's camera (on HU) very good. You should have got the one with guidelines from aftermarket, but anyway they would have messed with the wiring. And you are right about the positioning of display. But I think that it might block view (during right turns) if it is placed on the right side. Ask Saroya, his Optra has it on the right.

Guess what, he had got the camera with 4.3" display with guidelines for Rs. 1300! I guess ebay.in still has this deal (for Rs. 1488) with 6 month warranty. You should get that one from ebay.in and simply change (plug and play) the display. At least you will get guidelines. Other parts of the kit can be kept as spare.

Top Bottom