Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

Let me talk to MSIL authorized distributor for spares and I will analyse the issue.
Thank you sir for your kind and instant reply. Take your time and whenever you ask him please ask him that if it is the controller that controls these three devices. The controller's connecter pins were black so I assume of short-circuiting. Can I change it myself by ordering from boodmo or getting from MGP and connecting with the required connections or anything professional is required for this connector installation.

Thank you sir for your kind and instant reply. Take your time and whenever you ask him please ask him that if it is the controller that controls these three devices. The controller's connecter pins were black so I assume of short-circuiting. Can I change it myself by ordering from boodmo or getting from MGP and connecting with the required connections or anything professional is required for this connector installation.
Is there any update @Suryaputhra sir?

Ideal speed is controlled by ideal actuator in the electronic throttle body assembly and the ECM. It can not be modified. As per the car design there is a current sensor on the battery if battery voltage is less than specified voltage ecm will raise the rpm automatically. I use my dzire once in week my battery never undercharged. I read good charging voltage at ideal speed. Ameyam case is due to throttle body calibration.
Hi

My baleno delta 2018 has some issues regarding rpm at idle.
When i switch on ac, rpm sets at 800-840 and after the desired temperature is achieved and ac is auto cut , rpm drops to 650 and climbs to 800-840 when ac is auto on.. is this normal?

It is normal, your engine, ECM, BCM, AC compressor, sensors and other electronics working fine. When magnetic clutch engages to drive rotary vane AC compressors ECM increases RPM by 150 to 200 under normal AC load and gas pressures. If gas pressures are more it may go up to 900 RPM. This is quite normal.

Ok, back from running the car with and without AC to see the idle rpm. See the snap
Unfortunately, while I was taking the snap, the torq app wasnt logging. But you can see the 550rpm dip. I took other snaps also where the idle is just about 600.

A screen shot of the OBD output shows that the lowest speed is 600~620 rpm. Also note that the rpm peaks every 20 seconds and then decays slowly. And the lowest dip is just before the peak. This is as if the system follows a sawtooth curve. There were drops to 600rpm or so in the obd output but somehow, that image didnt get sent.
Without aircon, the car idles consistently between 620 and 660rpm and doesnt dip at all
So when the car is at minimum rpm and this coincides with engine loading such as clutch release or such, things like stalling and headlight dimming occur

Running the fan in auto mode helps for a moment but the rpm drops back again. In fact I have been hearing the fans speed going up and down depending on the engine rpm all the time
Ameyam
Is this normal? When car ac is on the rpm is at 750-800 and when its auto cutt rpm drops to 600-650 and this happens every 20-/ seconds. Is this normal?

Is this normal? When car ac is on the rpm is at 750-800 and when its auto cutt rpm drops to 600-650 and this happens every 20-/ seconds. Is this normal?
Did you observe increased vibrations inside cabin when AC kicks in?. Normally IAC valve will automatically increase the rpm to compensate the load.

If it is stuck or filled with soot it may lead to idle rpm issues. In my Alto the idle rpm without ac will be around 800 and when AC kicks in it will increase to 1000.

Get the throttle body cleaned thoroughly by disassembling it from intake manifold. Not to forget the IAC valve.

There was no IAC valve in Swift to Baleno and other modern cars. IAC valve only in older tech cars Wagon R and Alto. His cars RPM activity is quite normal as specified in the service manual of Baleno. Throttle body cleaning is not advisable unless there is an issue.

There was no IAC valve in Swift to Baleno and other modern cars. IAC valve only in older tech cars Wagon R and Alto. His cars RPM activity is quite normal as specified in the service manual of Baleno. Throttle body cleaning is not advisable unless there is an issue.
That's a new learning for me. Thank you for correcting me. Thought all MPFI controls idle rpm through IAC.

Looks like the service center changed the cable unnecessarily. 4 years is not a long time. Cables last far longer than that. It only required full loosening followed by readjustment and cleaning. Even now it requires only that and nothing else !!
Any way what's done is done.look out for the heating in rear drums. Touch them carefully after a long drive. Continuous braking will heat them very much and deacrease the life of the brakes and the associated parts.
You were right, took my car for the yearly service last month to a NEXA Service station and they readjusted the cable which fixed the problem, it runs smooth as before now.

Top Bottom