Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

@sumesh nice observation, but it specific to that particular car. I am using Baleno RS 2107 model with 18k in odo. My daily commute is 35kms and occasional run would be around 400-450kms. Its now 26 months baby and still with the same performance as i experienced initially. I must mention that I have changed the tires to Yokohama Earth 1, 205/55/R16. Its a drivers car and the booster jet engine rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently had my 2 years (4th servicing) first paid servicing. Please have a look at the bill. This time its by the Arena (Normal Maruti) service center close to me. They told its PMS 20 2P. I tried to get the details later on but unable to get it, can any expert help me out here. Apart from it upon asking they explained that there is nothing special in Nexa service only customer lounge is better than Arena and you have to pay 22% more than Arena. Although I am not satisfied, here also I need experts opinion. Thanks in advance & do have a look at the attached file.
Best.

Attachments

My 2017 baleno RS has recently started some strange issues, if any one of you faced the situation and/or would through some light it will be of great help.
1. Front left wheel skits on hard braking even on little bit uneven roads, which was not there earlier.
2. Steering wheel vibrates rather moves to left right on hard braking.
3. Very minor clicking noise (not very clear in traffic but prominent on empty roads during night ride.) Its like some thing touching to any rotating object but the speed or intensity remains the same.

All these issues started after the 4th/ 2 years service. I went to workshop with the issues, they told me every thing is Ok. Nothing came out after OBD diagnose. They admitted the noise and put some washer on engine cover but nothing has changed. I have been always bit hard on accelerator but now i am not getting confidence. Please help me out.

@Suryaputhra yes they were doing something with left wheel, but I thought that they cleaning the brake pads. I am eagerly waiting for your analysis.

@VISHNUCARCRAZY I noticed that the noise is present even in idle condition. So what do you suggest about this.

Thanks to both of you for taking time to resolve the problem.

I remembered one thing which I must share with you. Once I dropped an Allen key inside the windshield defroster vents (which is just below the front windshield ). Please suggest whether this may be the culprit, if not is there any problem it may cause in future. Is there any way to take it out without visiting the workshop again?
Ok , So steering related issue can be ruled out (steering rack / column ) . Did they do brake bleeding ?(As Suryaputhra sir had asked ?)
Yes they did something like that. Sorry to say but actually I don't know what exactly is the Brake bleeding means! But they were taking out some liquid from that side. I am once again attaching the bill, if it will show you what they have actually done.

Attachments

It can be a reason for noise , but its not a major issue , if you suspect it to be the allen key , just take it to ASS , get the dashboard console removed ,and you can retrive it easily , don't worry . (Maybe the allenkey might be colliding with the walls of the plastic , and causing the noise ).

But the braking related issue is not due to this .
Brake bleeding is a procedure done to remove brake fluid from brake lines (during fluid replacement at 20k/40k intervals ) , and also when a user feels the brake bite to be spongy (Can be due to air in brake lines ) .There are many youtube videos , through which you can get an idea of the same .
If the braking issue (Your point 1) , still persists , ask them to check with tyres also (Uneven wear ).

Top Bottom