Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions

The part no you have given "Part no--24721 M 66R01" is new Dzire 2017 gear box left side case. It is not at all related to Baleno below are the Baleno gear case part nos

Right side 24711M68P00 and left side 24721M68P00.

They used new dzire right side gearbox case with your car. If really gear box case issue is there in baleno they might have issued recall. Most of the members did not face this issue. So better option is ask them to replace entire gear box with new one.
@ Suryaputhra: Thank you sir but in ambiguity what to do now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing the experience where the service centre replaced the part of Baleno with the part of new dezire 2017 model.

Full post of my email to MSIL officials.

GOOD DAY,

I BOUGHT A NEW VEHICLE BALENO ALPHA 1.2 PETROL PEARL ARCTIC WHITE THROUGH THE DEALER NEXA POPULAR ,CALICUT- KERALA. DEALER CODE-47NB. ON 15-03-2016. AND THE VEHICLE HAS COVERED ONLY 6741 KMS AT THE TIME OF COMPLAINT.

COMPLAINT

NOISE FROM GEAR BOX WHICH COULD NOT BE RECTIFIED EVEN AFTER THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PARTS. NO RESPONSE FROM THE TECHNICAL TEAM OF MSIL AND THE SERVICE CENTRE.REF COMPLAINT NO--NX8440894518.

PLEASE REFER THE FOLLOWING JOB CARDS.

1).REF:JC17003601,INVOICE NO--005/BC/17000705 ATTACHMENT 1 (VEHICLE KEPT FOR DISMANTLING AND DIAGNOSIS OF THE GEAR BOX UNIT)

2).REF:JC17004100, INVOICE NO—005/BC/17001174 .ATTACHMENT NO 2(VEHICLE KEPT FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF PARTS ON MY VEHICLE )STILL THE FAULT REOCCURED

ON FURTHUR ENQUIRY THE ACTUAL REASON CAME TO LIME LIGHT.

THE ACTUAL PART NO. FOR BALENO 1.2 PETROL TRANSAXLE CASE LEFT IS-24721M68P00 WHICH THE MSIL HAS DISCONTINUED ON FURTHUR ENQUIRY THE MSIL CONFIRMED THAT THE NEW PART NUMBER IS 24721M68P01 .
ACCORDING TO PARTS CATALOGUE NO.- 99000M24120-959.

REF: ATTACHMENT NO 2A

AND THE REPLACED PART NO. TRANSAXLE CASE LEFT -24721M66R01.
BELONGS TO THE NEW DEZIRE 2017 MODEL ACCORDING TO PARTS CATALOGUE NO.-99000M24121-080.

WHICH IS CLEARLY NOT A PART OF NEW BALENO 1.2 PETROL AND SUCH AN ACT IS NOT TO BE DONE BY THE TECHNICAL TEAM OF MSIL OR SERVICE CENTRE UNTIL THE CORRECT PART NUMBER IS CONFIRMED BY THEM FROM MSIL

REF: ATTACHMENT NO 2B

THE USE OF NEW DEZIRE 2017 PART TRANSAXLE CASE LEFT -24721M66R01. IN THE PLACE OF 24721M68P01. MADE THE CONDITION WORSER THERE BY DAMAGING ALL THE COMPONENTS OF THE GEARBOX UNIT MAKING IT USELESS AND IT IS CLEARLY WITHOUT ANY DOUBT THE INCOMPETENCE AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE TECHNICAL TEAM OF MSIL AND SERVICE CENTRE.

PLEASE CHECK THE INVOICE NO--005/BC/17001174. WHICH CLEARLY STATES THE PART NUMBER-24721M66R01(OF NEW DEZIRE 2017 MODEL) IN THE PLACE OF 24721M68P01(WHICH SHOULD BE THE PART AND PART NUMBER FOR NEW BALENO AS CONFIRMED BY MSIL ON FURTHUR ENQUIRY FROM MY SIDE)

3).REF:JC17004477, INVOICE NO—005/BC/17001409 . ATTACMENT NO 3

4).REF:JC17004755, INVOICE NO—005/BC/17001751 . ATTACHMENT NO 4

5).REF:JC17004889, INVOICE NO—005/BC/17001782 . ATTACHMENT NO 5

6) THE DEALER POPULAR NEXA ,47NB HAS DELIVERED THE MOST DEFECTIVE VEHICLE TO ME BECAUSE OF THE COMPLAINTS I HAVE MADE WITH NEXA-MSIL FOR THE DELAY THEY MADE FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE.THE STRONG REASON TO BELIEVE IS THE INVOICING OF THE VEHICLE BEFORE MAKING PAYMENT AND ALSO ON THE SAME DAY WHEN THE CRM OF NEXA POPULAR EMAILED TO ME THAT THE VEHICLE IS ALLOTTED AND IS IN TRANSIT AND THEY WILL INFORM ONCE IT REACHES THE STOCK YARD.

(VEHICLE INVOICED ON 09/03/2016 AND THE PAYMENT OF RS 7,97,127/- TRANSFERRED THROUGH KERALA GRAMEEN BANK ON 14/03/2016.)

REF COMPLAINT NO-NX328061612

REF:ATTACHMENT NO 6.

THE REASON FOR THE REQUEST IS DUE TO THE BAD RESPONSE FROM THE MSIL TECHNICAL TEAM ANDSERVICE CENTRE.

MY REQUEST

FROM ALL THE ABOVE EXPERIENCES ,HARRASMENTS ,STRESS ,EMBARRASMENTS AND MORE WHICH I FACED FROM THE TIME OF BOOKING TILL TODAY.

I REQUEST THE CONCERNED MSIL AUTHORITY TO ARRANGE FOR A NEW GEAR BOX FULLY ASSEMBLED IN THE MSIL PLANT WITH MSIL COMPANY WARRANTY FOR 2 YRS AGAIN AND REPLACE THE OLD DEFECTIVE GEAR BOX WHICH IS MADE USELESS BY TECHNICAL TEAM OF MSIL AND SERVICE CENTRE TEAM BY REPLACING IT WITH THE PART OF NEW DEZIRE 2017 AND ALSO MAKE THE NECESSARY REPLACEMENTS FOR THE HARD SUSPENSION ISSUE WHICH IS STILL FACED BY THE VEHICLE.

OR

ARRANGE FOR THE BUY BACK OF THE DEFEFECTIVE VEHICLE AND SETTLING ME WITH ALL THE COSTS INCURRED FOR ME TO USE IT ONROAD AND RELIEVE ME FROM ALL THE STRESS AND DISSATISFACTION WHICH OCCURRED TO ME BY BUYING A NEXA BRAND LUXURY VEHICLE OF MSIL.

I HAVE OWNED MARUTHI 800,ZEN,ESTEEM AND ZEN ESTILO SPORTS BEFORE THE TRUST AND CONFIDENCE BY THOSE VEHICLES MADE ME TO THINK OF BUYING A MARUTHI SUZUKI VEHICLE AGAIN THAT A LUXURY BRAND NEXA VEHICLE .BUT THIS NEXA VEHICLE AND THE SERVICES OF THE NEXA DEALER AND NEXA SERVICE CENTRE PROVED IT TO BE THE WORST DECISION .

A COMPLAINT BEARING COMPLAINT NO--NX8440894518 HAS BEEN REGISTERED WITH NEXA BUT NO REPLY OR ACTION TILL TODAY. FROM MSIL TECHNICAL TEAM OR THE SERVICE CENTRE.

MSIL WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE STRESS ,EMBARRASMENT,HARASSMENT ,ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL COSTS INCURRED AND MANY MORE CAUSED TO ME AND MY FAMILY DUE TO THIS ISSUE.

WAITING FOR AN ACTION WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT FAILING WHICH I WOULD BE FORCED TO PROCEED WITH FURTHUR STEPS AS MY VEHICLE IS STILL AT HOME AND UNABLE TO USE IT FOR MY DAILY NEEDS ALL DUE THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PART WHICH DOES NOT BELONG TO BALENO BUT FOR NEW DEZIRE 2017 MODEL THEREBY DAMAGING THE WHOLE GEARBOX UNIT.

FOR V.S SEETHALA KUMARI.

SANOOP RAVEENDRAN.

@ Suryaputhra i would really appreciate if you could answer a query for me
i own a diesel baleno sigma and ever since the fourth service of 30k,my steeering has lost the smoothness and feel of it. earlier the steering used to gradually weigh up with speed and would gradually assist as the speed comes down. nowadays the steering feels stiff and gets stuck when its slightly turned right from the centre. all the issues appear once the vehicle crosses 40 or 50 kmph. the steering definitely has become stiffer. even when the assistance from the EPS is there, i feel that there has been some kind of stiffness..there are no error codes and neither does the warning lmap comes up. the manner in which the steering gets stuck is not to the ppoint of being dangerous.but still it needs an extra push to come to centre. its a slight resistance and is not like what it used to be earlier. Also there is a minor creaking sound from the steering while driving the vehicle and the issue of steering getting stuck is more apparentt when the steering is slightly turned to the right and while negotiating a curve at speeds of 50 or so . kindly advise. Alignment has been done. i consulted another MASS and they infromed me that there is a likelihood of the earlie MASS centre fiddling with my steering damper settings and hence the poor feel of steering. My email id is babukvishnu@gmail.com. would be grateful if i could contact you via email. i can share the alignment report as well as the service bill.

also Mr suryaputhra, do you think my steering needs a calibration? does an out of calibration EPS throw up error codes or does the power steering lamp flash?

@ Suryaputhra i would really appreciate if you could answer a query for me
i own a diesel baleno sigma and ever since the fourth service of 30k,my steeering has lost the smoothness and feel of it. earlier the steering used to gradually weigh up with speed and would gradually assist as the speed comes down. nowadays the steering feels stiff and gets stuck when its slightly turned right from the centre. all the issues appear once the vehicle crosses 40 or 50 kmph. the steering definitely has become stiffer. even when the assistance from the EPS is there, i feel that there has been some kind of stiffness..there are no error codes and neither does the warning lmap comes up. the manner in which the steering gets stuck is not to the ppoint of being dangerous.but still it needs an extra push to come to centre. its a slight resistance and is not like what it used to be earlier. Also there is a minor creaking sound from the steering while driving the vehicle and the issue of steering getting stuck is more apparentt when the steering is slightly turned to the right and while negotiating a curve at speeds of 50 or so . kindly advise. Alignment has been done. i consulted another MASS and they infromed me that there is a likelihood of the earlie MASS centre fiddling with my steering damper settings and hence the poor feel of steering. My email id is babukvishnu@gmail.com. would be grateful if i could contact you via email. i can share the alignment report as well as the service bill.
AT 30k plus steering stiffness is caused by below points

1. Worn out and stiffened tyres, improper tyre rotation.
2. Improper or shady alignment job.

What you see and get in the report of alignment is not always true. Less than equal to 1mm they should adjust toe, it is difficult. So they try adjusting one wheel toe in or toe out the other go out of spec some how they manage but at the time of tightening of toe nut again it goes out of specs so usually they take report before tightening the nut. This can be verified going to some other alignment centre after finishing alignment at first centre , the second centre shows you are out of specs. The best way to align is using toe bar but no one keeps it.

Most of the times EPS calibration not required.

what is the tyre brand you are using.

1.Do the tyre rotation fill air pressure correctly
2.Post alignment report here as image
2.Post service report here as image

I don't think so in Beleno they can adjust damper.

Attachments

Last edited:
@Suryaputhra, thanks a lot for taking your valuable time in helping me. Then I think I shall get my alignment done once again. But what confuses me is that there is this issue of steering getting stuck at certain points like some 20 degree towards right from the centre when negotiating a curve above 50kmph. The return to centre is not seamless and even though the wheel can be turned with one hand ,the steering jerks to the centre.the earlier seamless movement towards the centre is missing. I consulted with another MASS dealer and he put the car on a ramp and informed me that the earlier MASS where I serviced my car for 30k service has removed the damper nut and it's evident from visual inspection or something. He was referring to some plunger nut or something. In any view of the matter,the steering feel has definitely been compromised and I feel let down by these service guys. Also there is a creaking noise emanating from the steering wheel .the noise is not loud but its like when two plastic surfaces comes into contact with each other. I shall try and post the alignment report for your perusal. Please accept my gratitude for taking your time to reply to my post.

The brand of tyres which I use are MRF zvts which came originally fitted in the car. I maintain a pressure of 29 on all wheels. I align the wheels every 5000 kilometres and my vehicle has not been involved in any accidents and neither has it been abused in any form.

Also , while taking a U turn,my steering centers satisfactorily. It's only the stiffness which bothers me and the lack of seemless cenntering beyond 50 km speed

Even I am also a customer of NEXA Popular , Ernakulam. These guys are very unprofessional and unscrupulous. They hardly acknowledge a complaint and disregard all the issues raised to them as being devoid of any merit. These crooks go to any lengths to deny a warranty claim and even puts the blame on customer for issues cropping up in a brand new car. Their consistent attitude is to deny any sort of warranty claims during the warranty period and to put up with lame excuses so that the customer can somehow be turned back. I had a couple of bad experiences with them and they sought of give you a cold shoulder if you raise a complaint against them with Maruthi. Raise a complaint with Maruthi and the next time you visit the service centre,they avoid you or rather pay scant regard to us and our vehicle. Such kind of unprofessional attitudes and can't imagine Maruthi still engages them as a dealer.
When things got unbearable,I contacted the Maruthi Suzuki regional office at Calicut and they put me in touch with one Mr Sivakumar of MSIL. You can contact MSIL regional office Calicut via the contact details provided in the Maruthi Care app available in Google Play store. Also consider going legal. Issue a lawyer notice and usually MSIL avoids litigation at all costs since it's always expensive for them. And once a litigation is initiated,these crooked dealers are out of the loop and MSIL engages with you directly and hence the manipulations of the delaers can be avoided. I regret purchasing a Baleno ..MSIL service under the guise of NEXA leaves a lot to be desired

Sharing the experience where the service centre replaced the part of Baleno with the part of new dezire 2017 model.

Full post of my email to MSIL officials.

GOOD DAY,

I BOUGHT A NEW VEHICLE BALENO ALPHA 1.2 PETROL PEARL ARCTIC WHITE THROUGH THE DEALER NEXA POPULAR ,CALICUT- KERALA. DEALER CODE-47NB. ON 15-03-2016. AND THE VEHICLE HAS COVERED ONLY 6741 KMS AT THE TIME OF COMPLAINT.

COMPLAINT

NOISE FROM GEAR BOX WHICH COULD NOT BE RECTIFIED EVEN AFTER THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PARTS. NO RESPONSE FROM THE TECHNICAL TEAM OF MSIL AND THE SERVICE CENTRE.REF COMPLAINT NO--NX8440894518.

PLEASE REFER THE FOLLOWING JOB CARDS.

1).REF:JC17003601,INVOICE NO--005/BC/17000705 ATTACHMENT 1 (VEHICLE KEPT FOR DISMANTLING AND DIAGNOSIS OF THE GEAR BOX UNIT)

2).REF:JC17004100, INVOICE NO—005/BC/17001174 .ATTACHMENT NO 2(VEHICLE KEPT FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF PARTS ON MY VEHICLE )STILL THE FAULT REOCCURED

ON FURTHUR ENQUIRY THE ACTUAL REASON CAME TO LIME LIGHT.

THE ACTUAL PART NO. FOR BALENO 1.2 PETROL TRANSAXLE CASE LEFT IS-24721M68P00 WHICH THE MSIL HAS DISCONTINUED ON FURTHUR ENQUIRY THE MSIL CONFIRMED THAT THE NEW PART NUMBER IS 24721M68P01 .
ACCORDING TO PARTS CATALOGUE NO.- 99000M24120-959.

REF: ATTACHMENT NO 2A

AND THE REPLACED PART NO. TRANSAXLE CASE LEFT -24721M66R01.
BELONGS TO THE NEW DEZIRE 2017 MODEL ACCORDING TO PARTS CATALOGUE NO.-99000M24121-080.

WHICH IS CLEARLY NOT A PART OF NEW BALENO 1.2 PETROL AND SUCH AN ACT IS NOT TO BE DONE BY THE TECHNICAL TEAM OF MSIL OR SERVICE CENTRE UNTIL THE CORRECT PART NUMBER IS CONFIRMED BY THEM FROM MSIL

REF: ATTACHMENT NO 2B

THE USE OF NEW DEZIRE 2017 PART TRANSAXLE CASE LEFT -24721M66R01. IN THE PLACE OF 24721M68P01. MADE THE CONDITION WORSER THERE BY DAMAGING ALL THE COMPONENTS OF THE GEARBOX UNIT MAKING IT USELESS AND IT IS CLEARLY WITHOUT ANY DOUBT THE INCOMPETENCE AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE TECHNICAL TEAM OF MSIL AND SERVICE CENTRE.

PLEASE CHECK THE INVOICE NO--005/BC/17001174. WHICH CLEARLY STATES THE PART NUMBER-24721M66R01(OF NEW DEZIRE 2017 MODEL) IN THE PLACE OF 24721M68P01(WHICH SHOULD BE THE PART AND PART NUMBER FOR NEW BALENO AS CONFIRMED BY MSIL ON FURTHUR ENQUIRY FROM MY SIDE)

3).REF:JC17004477, INVOICE NO—005/BC/17001409 . ATTACMENT NO 3

4).REF:JC17004755, INVOICE NO—005/BC/17001751 . ATTACHMENT NO 4

5).REF:JC17004889, INVOICE NO—005/BC/17001782 . ATTACHMENT NO 5

6) THE DEALER POPULAR NEXA ,47NB HAS DELIVERED THE MOST DEFECTIVE VEHICLE TO ME BECAUSE OF THE COMPLAINTS I HAVE MADE WITH NEXA-MSIL FOR THE DELAY THEY MADE FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE.THE STRONG REASON TO BELIEVE IS THE INVOICING OF THE VEHICLE BEFORE MAKING PAYMENT AND ALSO ON THE SAME DAY WHEN THE CRM OF NEXA POPULAR EMAILED TO ME THAT THE VEHICLE IS ALLOTTED AND IS IN TRANSIT AND THEY WILL INFORM ONCE IT REACHES THE STOCK YARD.

(VEHICLE INVOICED ON 09/03/2016 AND THE PAYMENT OF RS 7,97,127/- TRANSFERRED THROUGH KERALA GRAMEEN BANK ON 14/03/2016.)

REF COMPLAINT NO-NX328061612

REF:ATTACHMENT NO 6.

THE REASON FOR THE REQUEST IS DUE TO THE BAD RESPONSE FROM THE MSIL TECHNICAL TEAM ANDSERVICE CENTRE.

MY REQUEST

FROM ALL THE ABOVE EXPERIENCES ,HARRASMENTS ,STRESS ,EMBARRASMENTS AND MORE WHICH I FACED FROM THE TIME OF BOOKING TILL TODAY.

I REQUEST THE CONCERNED MSIL AUTHORITY TO ARRANGE FOR A NEW GEAR BOX FULLY ASSEMBLED IN THE MSIL PLANT WITH MSIL COMPANY WARRANTY FOR 2 YRS AGAIN AND REPLACE THE OLD DEFECTIVE GEAR BOX WHICH IS MADE USELESS BY TECHNICAL TEAM OF MSIL AND SERVICE CENTRE TEAM BY REPLACING IT WITH THE PART OF NEW DEZIRE 2017 AND ALSO MAKE THE NECESSARY REPLACEMENTS FOR THE HARD SUSPENSION ISSUE WHICH IS STILL FACED BY THE VEHICLE.

OR

ARRANGE FOR THE BUY BACK OF THE DEFEFECTIVE VEHICLE AND SETTLING ME WITH ALL THE COSTS INCURRED FOR ME TO USE IT ONROAD AND RELIEVE ME FROM ALL THE STRESS AND DISSATISFACTION WHICH OCCURRED TO ME BY BUYING A NEXA BRAND LUXURY VEHICLE OF MSIL.

I HAVE OWNED MARUTHI 800,ZEN,ESTEEM AND ZEN ESTILO SPORTS BEFORE THE TRUST AND CONFIDENCE BY THOSE VEHICLES MADE ME TO THINK OF BUYING A MARUTHI SUZUKI VEHICLE AGAIN THAT A LUXURY BRAND NEXA VEHICLE .BUT THIS NEXA VEHICLE AND THE SERVICES OF THE NEXA DEALER AND NEXA SERVICE CENTRE PROVED IT TO BE THE WORST DECISION .

A COMPLAINT BEARING COMPLAINT NO--NX8440894518 HAS BEEN REGISTERED WITH NEXA BUT NO REPLY OR ACTION TILL TODAY. FROM MSIL TECHNICAL TEAM OR THE SERVICE CENTRE.

MSIL WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE STRESS ,EMBARRASMENT,HARASSMENT ,ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL COSTS INCURRED AND MANY MORE CAUSED TO ME AND MY FAMILY DUE TO THIS ISSUE.

WAITING FOR AN ACTION WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT FAILING WHICH I WOULD BE FORCED TO PROCEED WITH FURTHUR STEPS AS MY VEHICLE IS STILL AT HOME AND UNABLE TO USE IT FOR MY DAILY NEEDS ALL DUE THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PART WHICH DOES NOT BELONG TO BALENO BUT FOR NEW DEZIRE 2017 MODEL THEREBY DAMAGING THE WHOLE GEARBOX UNIT.

FOR V.S SEETHALA KUMARI.

SANOOP RAVEENDRAN.
Even I am also a customer of NEXA Popular , Ernakulam. These guys are very unprofessional and unscrupulous. They hardly acknowledge a complaint and disregard all the issues raised to them as being devoid of any merit. These crooks go to any lengths to deny a warranty claim and even puts the blame on customer for issues cropping up in a brand new car. Their consistent attitude is to deny any sort of warranty claims during the warranty period and to put up with lame excuses so that the customer can somehow be turned back. I had a couple of bad experiences with them and they sought of give you a cold shoulder if you raise a complaint against them with Maruthi. Raise a complaint with Maruthi and the next time you visit the service centre,they avoid you or rather pay scant regard to us and our vehicle. Such kind of unprofessional attitudes and can't imagine Maruthi still engages them as a dealer.
When things got unbearable,I contacted the Maruthi Suzuki regional office at Calicut and they put me in touch with one Mr Sivakumar of MSIL. You can contact MSIL regional office Calicut via the contact details provided in the Maruthi Care app available in Google Play store. Also consider going legal. Issue a lawyer notice and usually MSIL avoids litigation at all costs since it's always expensive for them. And once a litigation is initiated,these crooked dealers are out of the loop and MSIL engages with you directly and hence the manipulations of the delaers can be avoided. I regret purchasing a Baleno ..MSIL service under the guise of NEXA leaves a lot to be desired

Attachments

Not happy with the alignment report, before doing alignment again give me some time to dig in service manual of baleno and will suggest you what to do.

Sure friend . I would love to get the old feel of my steering back intact since I drive around a lot. Also please advise as to whether I should ask them to calibrate or adjust the steering. Thank you..:)

Thank you @Suryaputhra, @ babuvishnuk,The ASM of MSIL Mr.Marimuthu has turned up.But their demand is to keep the vehicle for further diagnosis and I denied it straight away.The replacement of Baleno part with New Dezire part has done all the damage,still they said it is the right part and I have asked him to prove it,when I contacted the Spare parts division of MSIL they confirmed that the part should be which is mentioned in the catalogue.
I don't know the depth of damage my vehicle has suffered due to this .. and I have requested for full gear box unit assembled from the Msil plant and not sure that will solve the issue.

@ babuvishnuk, initial discussion started with the lawyer ,only waiting for the response from MSIL.

Very good @sherlock. Myself being a lawyer, I sincerely and earnestly hope that your grievance gets resolved at the earliest to your satisfaction. Kindly keep us updated so that others who have been at the receiving end of these unscrupulous dealers can also pursue the course adopted by you. Even I have been a repeat customer of MSIL but seems success has gone in to the head of MSIL that they have started disregarding their customer relations. And that too after the much publicised launch of NEXA showrooms wherein they promise you a distinctive service experience. MSIL do make affordable cars that are value for money but at the end of the day,it's the service experience which I hope determines the true pleasure of ownership and of late it seems that Maruthis being cheap to own and service is being a myth. No grudge towards MSIL,but merely a humble opinion from a disgruntled customer.

To all the members out here,if any one of you are interested in purchasing genuine Baleno spare parts,there is this site retailing them
https://boodmo.com. They do have a good collection of genuine parts and they even provide part numbers of most of the products. I myself ordered a RS logo and received it in genuine packing from MSIL. Attaching pictures for reference. RS logo is from Ciaz RS but can be used on Baleno too.

Not happy with the alignment report, before doing alignment again give me some time to dig in service manual of baleno and will suggest you what to do.
I had done wheel rotation after my 30k service along with alignment. Does a poor wheel rotation job affect the steering? All my tyres have uniform tread wear. And could you please clarify as to whether it's just the toe a wheel alignment centre adjusts and not the camber and caster? I was under the impression that these alignment centre guys actually know what they are doing.

Attachments

Very good @sherlock. Myself being a lawyer, I sincerely and earnestly hope that your grievance gets resolved at the earliest to your satisfaction. Kindly keep us updated so that others who have been at the receiving end of these unscrupulous dealers can also pursue the course adopted by you. Even I have been a repeat customer of MSIL but seems success has gone in to the head of MSIL that they have started disregarding their customer relations. And that too after the much publicised launch of NEXA showrooms wherein they promise you a distinctive service experience. MSIL do make affordable cars that are value for money but at the end of the day,it's the service experience which I hope determines the true pleasure of ownership and of late it seems that Maruthis being cheap to own and service is being a myth. No grudge towards MSIL,but merely a humble opinion from a disgruntled customer.
@babuvishnuk,sir will be definitely contacting you for the way it should be handled legally.thanking you.

I had done wheel rotation after my 30k service along with alignment. Does a poor wheel rotation job affect the steering? All my tyres have uniform tread wear. And could you please clarify as to whether it's just the toe a wheel alignment centre adjusts and not the camber and caster? I was under the impression that these alignment centre guys actually know what they are doing.
Only toe can be adjusted. Camber and Caster can not be adjusted in front end engine cars.

It is genuine part but better buy from MGP dealor

Attachments

Only toe can be adjusted. Camber and Caster can not be adjusted in front end engine cars.
Thanks suryaputhra. So caster and camber are fixed and cannot be adjusted right? I was under the impression that they adjusted all 3 including castor and camber. Speaking of MGP dealers,in Kerala and that too regarding the spares of NExA vehicles,they are very reluctant to provide them. They are like " Sir , Baleno being a premium product,spares can be provided only through NEXA " . Even if we provide the part number,they don't source it for us..Btw awaiting your inputs on my alignment report and steering feel.

Thanks suryaputhra. So caster and camber are fixed and cannot be adjusted right? I was under the impression that they adjusted all 3 including castor and camber. Speaking of MGP dealers,in Kerala and that too regarding the spares of NExA vehicles,they are very reluctant to provide them. They are like " Sir , Baleno being a premium product,spares can be provided only through NEXA " . Even if we provide the part number,they don't source it for us..Btw awaiting your inputs on my alignment report and steering feel.
You can buy spare at MGP distributors by locating mgp distributors near to your place by using this site.

MGP

Baleno is not so premium its as usual product from MSIL on NEXA skin. Premium feel is assumed by dealers and some customers who wants premium on paper but actually they will not look into the facts what they are getting. Dealer say premium customer feels Oh it is premium.

Are nexa cars using any different engine, plant, quality control and, fit and finish and design. Other than nexa name how would MSIL differentiate nexa cars from regular cars.

Unless they release white papers on nexa cars people like me can not accept nexa cars are premium than regular MSIL cars.

Yes camber and caster can not be adjusted in front end cars.

I need time to look into your steering issue.

Top Bottom