Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Accessories & Modifications

Re: Suzuki's New Premium Hatchback Baleno Now Launched!

Thanks. Surprisingly there is no mention on the OEM horn also. I have already changed the horn in my friend's Swift.

I know alternator is 70 Amps only. My friend has got 6 Amp horns and I have Megasonic (8 Amp) [evil]. Battery problems are there in my 4 month old battery also (running 900w RMS of ICE).

OT - I need an alternator upgrade to 120-150 Amp category. Do you have any idea?

Thanks. Surprisingly there is no mention on the OEM horn also. I have already changed the horn in my friend's Swift.

I know alternator is 70 Amps only. My friend has got 6 Amp horns and I have Megasonic (8 Amp) [evil]. Battery problems are there in my 4 month old battery also (running 900w RMS of ICE).

OT - I need an alternator upgrade to 120-150 Amp category. Do you have any idea?
alternator upgrade is the best thing we can do, we need to add higher capacity alternator, current sensor to the battery and remapping the ECM. I am trying for alternator upgrade for my MPFI Zen, I will let you know once done if you get any info from your side pls share.

Just saw a led scuff plate for baleno on ebay. When i asked the seller he said that it will be connected to the dome light and will be illuminated when door opens. I saw a similar scuff plate on a tuv300 and it looked cool. Any idea where exactly the scuff plate will be connected to the current? And how will it work when only the door opens?

Just saw a led scuff plate for baleno on ebay. When i asked the seller he said that it will be connected to the dome light and will be illuminated when door opens. I saw a similar scuff plate on a tuv300 and it looked cool. Any idea where exactly the scuff plate will be connected to the current? And how will it work when only the door opens?
Stay away from those LED scuff plates as you need to cut the wire that passes to centre Cabin light or at least splice it to connect the wire of LED. This will lead to warranty issues. Also there is a chance that the area might get rust soon if not washed and dried properly as some water will stay under the scuff plate.

- Sandeep

Stay away from those LED scuff plates as you need to cut the wire that passes to centre Cabin light or at least splice it to connect the wire of LED. This will lead to warranty issues. Also there is a chance that the area might get rust soon if not washed and dried properly as some water will stay under the scuff plate.

- Sandeep
I have got those scuff plates too but the non-LED ones. I am not much enamoured with LEDs for such applications. The ones I got seem of fair quality. I am not learned enough to tell whether they are SS304 or SS316 or any other grade but they seem good enough and they do fit. I am attaching pictures wherein I have just kept the plate there, not installed them permanently.

I am thinking of plates to prevent the underlying paint from getting scuffed, especially due to the low seating position, getting in and out is a bit difficult and the shoes do rub on the plastics or the sill. As you can see in one of the pics, I have already got some small scratches. If I don't install the plate, the paint will definitely scratch and I will then surely have rust. That's why I am thinking of these.

The plates also come with this rounded lip that fits around the sill outer fold. The back side comes with some double sided tape along the length of the plate. With this orientation, any water will get trapped behind the outer strip. I am considering removing these cheaper tape strips and using 3M strips in a perpendicular direction so that any water that collects under the sill plate drains outward. Thinking of putting 4-5 strips along the length of the plate

The plate for the back door is smaller but that door sill has a weird shape, so the plate either installs with one corner raised or one corner projecting out. Still figuring that out

@Bond,

has your friend done an inspection. Dealers are often known to push off rejected cars in such instances.

Ameyam

Attachments

I have got those scuff plates too but the non-LED ones. I am not much enamoured with LEDs for such applications. The ones I got seem of fair quality. I am not learned enough to tell whether they are SS304 or SS316 or any other grade but they seem good enough and they do fit. I am attaching pictures wherein I have just kept the plate there, not installed them permanently.

I am thinking of plates to prevent the underlying paint from getting scuffed, especially due to the low seating position, getting in and out is a bit difficult and the shoes do rub on the plastics or the sill. As you can see in one of the pics, I have already got some small scratches. If I don't install the plate, the paint will definitely scratch and I will then surely have rust. That's why I am thinking of these.

The plates also come with this rounded lip that fits around the sill outer fold. The back side comes with some double sided tape along the length of the plate. With this orientation, any water will get trapped behind the outer strip. I am considering removing these cheaper tape strips and using 3M strips in a perpendicular direction so that any water that collects under the sill plate drains outward. Thinking of putting 4-5 strips along the length of the plate

The plate for the back door is smaller but that door sill has a weird shape, so the plate either installs with one corner raised or one corner projecting out. Still figuring that out

@Bond,

has your friend done an inspection. Dealers are often known to push off rejected cars in such instances.

Ameyam
Remove this tape and add 5-6 vertical strips of 3M tape. This way water won't trap.

@Bond,

Ameyam
Hi Ameyam!
From where did you bought these?
if online then please provide the link and how much does these cost?

yesterday my cousin was driving the car and while parking the car in the house the rear door got scratched. Attaching the pics of the same and does i need to fix it p soon or continue with it. And also do i need to take claim for that repair and estimated cost if anyone can suggest?

Ashutosh Singh Chauhan

Attachments

Last edited:

Hi,
I need this design for seat covers in my Baleno . Can someone provide me with contacts in Mumbai where such covers can be custom made.
Thanks.
Milan Subway will have these covers.

You can not order it from the dealer. You have to order it from distributor for Maruti genuine spares. They are available in each and every city. Book orientation is in horizontal mode.
Thanks Suryaputhra. I have ordered the catalouge from the MGP distributor and as per him it will take approximatley 10 days to get delivered to him. So I have to wait

I have got those scuff plates too but the non-LED ones.

@Bond,

Ameyam
@ Ameyam, I too thought of buying those sill plates but was concerned about the water lying underneath it when washed. Please post the pictures once you get them installed on your car.

For now my car has some cover sticker sticked to it at the sill area. And I dont want to remove that until I buy sill plates.

Hi Ameyam!

yesterday my cousin was driving the car and while parking the car in the house the rear door got scratched. Attaching the pics of the same and does i need to fix it p soon or continue with it. And also do i need to take claim for that repair and estimated cost if anyone can suggest?

Ashutosh Singh Chauhan
@ Ashutosh,

Sorry for you mate. I know how it feels when we have to see our new car like that and that too if someone does that.
And as the Car shade being Grey, the scratches will appear brightly at first look itself. If you can live with it as it is then dont fix it up and continue. And if you think of doing the repaint work then it will not be cheap and opting for Insurance is the better bet. Because the first thing ASC guys will tell you is, you need to get two parts painted that too in full as they wont just paint the damaged area. One is the door and the other is the the part beneath the fuel filler area.

- Sandeep

Last edited:

Hi Ameyam!

Ashutosh Singh Chauhan
I had a similar scratch and the guys at the maruti service center mended it for free in my fost service.

I am getting an alpha baleno and there is some amount added as basic accessories. Does anyone have the break up of Rs.6370 added as basic accessories?
Yes, even I have been charged for Rs 6370 for basic Accessories which include Mud flap, Mat (Cabin + Dickey), Perfume bottle, Mobile Fast Charger and Steering wheel cover. They are also charging additional 15400 for 3M treatment. Is any one from Pune confirm whether all the three dealers in Pune are charging this??

Last edited:

Hi Ameyam!

Ashutosh Singh Chauhan
This need total rear door & rear fender repainting so it may cost 6-8k in MASS & cheaper in outside garages.

Top Bottom