Maruti Suzuki: Auto Expo 2014 Coverage

The Ciaz is awesome! So are the Swift Sport and Volt.
The SX4 cross is not exciting. The Ertiga looks awesome from the outside, but interiors colors are YUCK![shock]
The only new launch is the Celerio.
Rest all are just weirdly modified cars.
Hell where is the XA Alpha or the iV SUV concept?
Very disappointing Maruti Suzuki!

Maruti seems like they are busy launching their Celerio, the other modified models doesn't look good (why that alto 800??) Dzire Opula looks cool.

And that is too unfair for what they are doing for Gypsy, i can still see those age old odometers and interiors, don't know why Maruti is ignoring a good selling product (if made up against the competition), neither we see the XA Alpha in this Auto-Expo, or should we get surprised within the end of the auto-expo?

What happened to XA-Alpha? [confused] Any information on that? Concept to production model transition was quick for Ertiga. I was expecting the same for XA-Alpha too.

"Lackluster" if I have to describe in a single word!

Only thing that I like in the whole fleet is SX4 cross over. Something to look forward to. But very disappointing to see 'less impressive' modifications on other cars like Ertiga, Swift etc.

Yet again, Maruti Suzuki stall filled with loud mods which will never be offered even as optional equipment at their dealerships. This is what I never understand about them. What the use of showing off those mods which you the customers cannot buy even if they are ready to pay for them.
Their concept sedan too is extremely bland. Come on Maruti Suzuki, we expect something more than a Photoshop job from you.

Yet again, Maruti Suzuki stall filled with loud mods which will never be offered even as optional equipment at their dealerships. This is what I never understand about them. What the use of showing off those mods which you the customers cannot buy even if they are ready to pay for them.
Their concept sedan too is extremely bland. Come on Maruti Suzuki, we expect something more than a Photoshop job from you.
+1,
Maruti, just trying to show that they are futuristic and innovative. They missed a great opportunity with XA Alpha when Indians busy buying, Ecosports, Dusters and clones. Its really too late for SX4 replacement as the fight is too tough right now. I dont understand the need for showing the modified existing cars? Who buys them anyway [frustration] Showing something very flashy on the pictures is one thing but in really would you take your mother and the kid in a yellow colored toy like thing they call their 'New Inventions' [evil]. Having booked my City I was bit fingers crossed and nervous, thinking that what if they release info on SX4 or XA Alpha, but now I am happy with my choice. [;)]

In general I feel all the manufacturers are nervous to bring new cars to India probably the shaky environment, economy and the elections. Probably next year we might see concrete steps in either way. Only Honda, Ford(Somewhat) and Hyundai have fixed goals for this year.

What happened to that XA Alpha? Was it in the expo just because other manufacturers were doing something similar in those days! If yes, then Maruti Suzuki, manufacturers are working on the quality front too. The cheap plastics are visible in all the pics. Do something MS, or be prepared for tough times ahead!

I dont understand the need for showing the modified existing cars? Who buys them anyway [frustration] Showing something very flashy on the pictures is one thing but in really would you take your mother and the kid in a yellow colored toy like thing they call their 'New Inventions' [evil].
Exactly. And on the top of that, they dont even offer the equipment as optional stuff if by chance anybody wishes to get it for their car[;)]. And if he gets it done from outside, the dealer will declare "Warranty void".

It seems that Maruti will decide on Swift Sport launch depending on the response at the autoshow!Those who attend please show 'response' Maruti is looking for [;)]

The Celerio seems to be a good and easy city car for a family. Now the only negative is the cheap looking rear design.

Top Bottom