Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi BS-4 Ownership Report

Thread Starter #16
Continued....

I had hardly driven it with 500 km on ODO, got a call from MASS that my first service is pending, and I have to have it done on time. I was perplexed. Told them that I have just complete around 500 km +, but they insisted that I have it done as early as possible, so scheduled it. According to the schedule, they had to change all the oils, so the Bill came up to 1100/-.

After a few days, got the news that Alto K10 is being launched on August 2010, and my heart sank. I called up the SA of Sagar and blasted him, as he was the one who said that it would not be launched in India for sure. To my surprise, he gave me the idea of exchanging my new Alto to K10 and said to visit the showroom once with my Alto, so that he can estimate my Alto.....

Thread Starter #17
After hearing the news, placed on Ad in a website regarding selling of my ride for 3 lacs even before looking at Alto K10. Many responded to the Ad and were very eager to know the reason why I am selling it so soon. I just gave excuses that I am upgrading my ride to a sedan and hence selling it off.

After a few days, at around 12 p.m. at night, I got a call from one of the buyers inquiring about the price, and I said that 3 lacs, not negotiable. He was okay with the price and wanted to have a look at my Alto, so I told him to pay a visit to my office around 10 a.m. so that he can have a look at it, and he agreed.

The very next day, got up around 4:40 a.m. (as my shift starts at 6 a.m.), forgot everything about the late-night call, took my trustworthy bike (HH glamour) and drove to office. After reaching the office, was just parking my bike (around 5:55 am) got a call again from the same guy; only then I remembered about the conversation I had last night and I replied to him that I forgot to get my car to the office, so if it is okay for him to come to my place to have a look at it, and he readily agreed but insisted that he wants to have a look at the same time or before 9 a.m. , so gave him the address and asked him to give me a call before he starts from his place.

Around 7:30 a.m., again got a call stating that he is nearly my place, so took a break from office and reached home. He had a look at it, checked for any dents/scrapes, and negotiated for 2.95 L. He wanted to pay advance of 10K, as he was leaving town the same day and said that he will take delivery after 2-3 days. When he took out the cash to pay me, I was very upset looking at my Silk (Alto). At that moment, I felt pity on my Silk that I am selling it, so I convinced him to not pay the advance now as I am feeling a little weird and asked him to come back after 2 days.

The very next day, got a call from SA of Sagar that Alto K10 has arrived and I can have a TD. Rushed to the showroom to have a glimpse of it. To my eye, there was hardly any difference in the exterior/exterior except for longer bonnet and a little extra boot space. Took a test drive. Drive was amazing, same as A-Star, no glitches, but felt that for just this, I should not exchange it for my Silk, so dropped the idea of selling it.

Again, the same day, called up the guy who wanted to own my Silk and told him that I am unable to sell it now due to some personal reasons, and then I got a shock of my life. He started threatening me of dire consequences if I wont sell him the car, he would harm me and even cause damage to my Silk. These type of calls continued for a few days, and I thought of filing an FIR against him, but then, he stopped calling and messaging me.

I felt better after taking decision of not selling my Silk and started pampering it by adding accessories to it.

Accessories:
1. JVC KD 425 - 5000/-
2. JBL and Sony Xplode speakers (front and rear) - 3,500/-
3. Autocop central looking - 3,500/-

Nice write up..

If you need same alloys which I have, PY 194, just visit Konark Auto in eastend just next to Nandini hotel you will find this design and much more.

Congrats for your Silk. Nice review. Please do post some pictures of your drive.
He started threatening me of dire consequences if I wont sell him the car, he would harm me and even cause damage to my Silk.
That's shocking! How can people reach to such heights without a deal:eek:.

Thread Starter #21
Nice write up..

If you need same alloys which I have, PY 194, just visit Konark Auto in eastend just next to Nandini hotel you will find this design and much more.
Thank you Varun, will check out with them.

Varun, I want to put a chrome plate on the front grill. Can you please suggest me some place from where can I have that done?

Regards,
Ayaz

Thread Starter #22
When I bought the car in May 2010, my Silk was giving me some squealing noise from rear whenever it goes over a speed-breaker at lower speeds. I tried to figure out from where the noise is coming, but in vain. I had also informed the SA about this, but he said that as this is a new car, there will be some issues and those will be resolved in the consecutive scheduled services. I did not bother much, so thought of bringing it to notice on my next scheduled service. But again, it was annoying to drive with such a noise, so once again visited showroom and asked them to rectify it. The SA took a test-drive, could not figure out from where the noise is coming, greased the suspension and handed it to me stating that this has been resolved.

The noise was not heard for a few hours, and again back. Again called up the SA and informed him the same, and they asked to bring my Silk back. Now, two of the SAs got into my Silk and checked and said that these type of squealing noises are common in Alto. They said that now nothing can be done, so wait for the second service so that they can rectify it completely. I did not agree and they said that if I want to get it resolved, have to leave my Silk for a day or two, so that they can research and solve the issue. I agreed and left my Silk with them.

Now the wait begins. No call from Sagar for 2 days. After waiting for 2 days, gave a call to them inquiring about the progress, for which they replied that they are still working on it, and will let me know about the same in a day or two. Again, the wait started, no call, so gave a surprise visit to Sagar to check the progress. After reaching Sagar Automobiles, found that my car is not in the showroom, but it is in their yard in Electronic City and will be delivered the next day.

The very next day, after my visit to their yard, got a call that my Silk is ready and issues have been resolved. I reached their showroom, took a test-drive, found no sound, returned back to note that again the squealing noise started after a few hours of driving. Got furious, called up SA and reported to him, but he replied that they have solved it and now nothing can be done.

So, shot up a mail to contact@maruti.co.in stating the issue, and within no time, got a call from the Service Engineer of Sagar Automobiles, who insisted me to handover my Silk to their SAs who are on the way to my place with a replacement vehicle, Zen, for me to use until they solve the issue. I was okay with it, and within two days the problem was solved. The squealing noise was actually from the seatbelt bolt, which was touching the body of my Silk. They apologized for taking such a long time to resolve this issue, and stated that this was the first Alto which had such issue, so they could not figure it out on day 1 (yeah, could figure it out only when we shot up a mail complaining about them).

Thread Starter #23
Congrats for your Silk. Nice review. Please do post some pictures of your drive.

That's shocking! How can people reach to such heights without a deal:eek:.
Yes, I was literally scared when I was getting such calls/mails from this guy (he had requested my mail ID just to be in touch before finalizing the deal, as he did not want to miss it). I even was checking out my Silk every now and then whenever I took it to my office just to make sure it is intact (I was parking it outside the office, as the parking lot was always full).

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
Guys! I am planning to put a chrome plate on the front grill of my Silk. Just wanted to know from where can I have it done in Bangalore. Can anyone please suggest me a place?

Warm Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Nice pic's. My suggestion why not get the bumpers painted to body color.

Also get a Left rear view mirror it looks odd with out the mirror..

Thread Starter #27
Nice pic's. My suggestion why not get the bumpers painted to body color.

Also get a Left rear view mirror it looks odd with out the mirror..
Thanks Varun.

I was also thinking of flaunting it with body colored bumpers. I will install the LRV mirror today itself.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Thanks Varun.

I was also thinking of flaunting it with body colored bumpers. I will install the LRV mirror today itself.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan
Nice 'story' post Ayaz. Alto is the most practical hatch as of today. Do not sell it.
One more suggestion, do not get the bumpers body colored. Some minor scratches on painted bumper looks really bad. Instead get some 13" alloys and good tires.

Thread Starter #29
Nice 'story' post Ayaz. Alto is the most practical hatch as of today. Do not sell it.
One more suggestion, do not get the bumpers body colored. Some minor scratches on painted bumper looks really bad. Instead get some 13" alloys and good tires.
Thank you for your suggestion. I am thinking of adding 12 inch rather than 13, as it may scrape the wheel arches, so will stick to 12 inches.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Guys! I am planning to put a chrome plate on the front grill of my Silk. Just wanted to know from where can I have it done in Bangalore. Can anyone please suggest me a place?

Warm Regards,
Ayaz Khan
Please dont go for those chrome add ons buddy. IMO it will spoil the looks and after some months, the chrome finish tends to loose its lustre.

Top Bottom