Maruti Suzuki Alto Conversion To Maruti Suzuki Zen

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I have query related to Maruti Zen (2003)

I am too much find of that car but had to scrap that because of the 15year rule in Delhi. But I didn't get that feel in whatever I car I drove thereafter.
I somehow want to have a Maruti Zen but due to the rule can't see any possibility of getting an amendment in the law.

What I was think is what if I purchase a Maruti alto k10(previous model) and get that modified to Maruti Suzuki zen?

Yes I am talking about lot many modifications but that's the only way ican see to have a zen back in my life.

Will it be possible to cut down the maurti alto body and make it wider ?

Please advise

Thanks

deville_56

Honoured Member
It's 100% illegal to do so. It's better to move on with another car than wasting time and effort on converting a sheep to a goat and live in uncertainty thereafter.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
What you want to do is not impossible.
But remember what you want to do is pure madness stuff. And there is going to be lots of pain and disappointment and frustration if you decide to venture out on this path.

My advice( which you may not like) : Forget past and move on. Just let it go . Buy a nice hot batch, put a good music system in it and you will literally have 'Zen' in it.

Last edited:
Hi Vinay,

I am an owner of a 1996 Maruti 800 carb, have done 180000kms in it, it is also registered in Delhi, so I can relate to your feelings about not letting it go. There is a very unique and driving pleasure about Zen, however I agree with what others have suggested here. If you try to manufacture your own zen, there is a financial risk and it may become too much of a pain for you to build yourself a reliable car. Even if you do manage to do that, the safety of such a manufactured vehicle would still be questionable, and am talking about safety related to engine mounts, steering joints, suspension etc. When driven at speeds or hitting bumps, things can give way causing serious injuries to you and others on the road.

Now, what I have done with my Maruti 800 is this:

I have given it to a friend/relative outside of Delhi who lives in a small town and has no trouble parking an extra car. He uses it sparingly, but runs it just enough so that when I visit him, I find it in running condition. This way I drive it very occassionaly, just for fun around the town and then park it back. I have valid third party insurance to cover for any mis-happenings, which are very unlikely.

Try and see if you can do something similar for your Zen, treat it like a Vintage car :).

A suggestion for your next car , if you love the Zen would be the Datsun GO. People will say all sorts of things about after sales, looks etc, but if you want a similar experience to your Zen, just test drive it once. It does not boast of fancy gadgets all over the dash, but Nissan has got the basics right, so check it out.

Top Bottom