Maruti Suzuki Alto Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
Hi TAIndians!
I have a 2008 Alto Lxi and i think that this is the time to mod/accessorize my car. With the overall budget being low, i am thinking of gifting her with some exterior and interior mods, because i am not a tad great fan of high music and bass. According to my list of top priorities, I have finalised to put alloy wheels with the stock 12" rubber (jk tyre). So the alloys have to be 12 inch[frustration]. I can also go for a subwoofer or bass tube if budget permits to do so.. Also is there any other good trusted brand of allloy wheels in the market other than plati, prestige, neo , etc.keep the suggestions pouring in guys. Also i am thinking of some BLING bLING lighting mods. And the bumpers, handles, orvms will remian black. cheers. KEEP the Suggestions COMING IN GUYS!

Last edited:
Re: Modding An Alto!

Go for some performance mods like an header (free flow exhaust), K & N air filter, stud bar..

These are worth for the money you spend..[:)]
And for looks try decals, body kits spoilers..

Firstly go for alloys. If you are not a fan of music then don't waste your money on ICE. Go for a nice little matching spoiler for your ride. Since you said you are interested in BLING BLING mods you can try under-body LED'S , interiors LED lighting , LED inside the wheel arches or behind the door handles.

Go for some performance mods like an header (free flow exhaust), K & N air filter, stud bar..

These are worth for the money you spend..[:)]
And for looks try decals, body kits spoilers..
K&N air filter is a waste of money. To gain first of all bottom end torque a dedicated AIR is needed. This would take about 1.5 seconds off the 0- 100 time.

Header is veryexpensive and would require a relocation of the cat incurring further cost.

Thread Starter #6

lxi.

Suspended

Where will the underbody LEDs located under the car, Wont it broke off on bumps or big speed breakers when the car's belly touches the road?

also, what will be the approx cost of the underbody(blue) as well as interior lights(most probably, blue)?

Well you are telling neons bro , they are old fashioned now! Nowadays the latest trend is LED strips , no breakage nothing! They are just stuck with tape under the body.

I am not sure about the costs , many of our members have done the same to their rides. Maybe they can help you out.

Thread Starter #8

lxi.

Suspended

OK cooldhaya. Thanks and what about the interior lights, are they also the same LED thingy under the dash ?

And do you have any information about the ROOF lights (the 4 fog lamp type roung lights used on most SUVs), have seen one red/copper coloured alto with roof lights, looked awesome! Any details about that thing, and any cons of that?

Yes Interiors also the same thing. Many of our members have done it , just try using the search function you can find them. Right now i remember only few members like Surendar , Akash and Varun who has done such LED works on their rides.

And coming to the next part , I think they are called Auxiliary lights , there is a dedicated thread in our forum for that bro , just use the search function.

Getting 12" alloys is bit difficult (only limited designs are available) I would suggest to go for 13".

Use your existing ICE with a basic amp & woofer / bass tube set up

Go for underbody LEDs (under dash LEDs will be irritating after sometimes, just my opinion)

For interiors try some art leather seat covers, lower the gear shift lever and add leather gear knob with sporty pedals and steering too.

If budget permits you can go for Sunroof too

Since you have mentioned you don't require a good ICE go with the suggestion that Mr.Boss has said,its enough.

The best way to modify the alto is this:
*Put 13" alloys where your ride almost looks great.
*Paint the bumpers to an body colored one.
*Put up a short spoiler at the rear.
*LED strip under the Body where no can see it but at night times the illumination will turn their heads.
This should complete the car.
he LED strip costs Rs 200/metre here in Bangalore idk about your place(might be priced lesser)

Thread Starter #12

lxi.

Suspended

Mr.Boss, yes i was also thinking of 13" but i am not changing the stock tyres(12") of the car. Also , the roads here are not great and i love my back more than the looks of the car :stupid:.
With the ice, i have a sony gtx270s HU, with pioneer tweeters and and speakers. I am thinking whether to go for a subwoofer or a bass tube. Actually, which one costs les? [:D].
What will be the cost of underbody LEDs here in New Delhi?

@Vishwas, thanks for the reply, what will be the average cost of the spoiler( which is full stuck to the car where no one can seem from below it, not the one on which two sides are stuck and the rest is in the air !) and body coloured bumper and door handles as well as the rear hatch opening handle?

And, how much metre strip will be required in the car, i am thinking of putting it o sides, front and rear. I think 4 metre will be enough. what say?

Some Suggestions -

Alloys - Try to stick on to 12" alloys only, when you go for 13", with full load in the car the tyres may scrap the wheel arches. Best match - 12 " , 155/70 tyres..

Spoilers - Go for a normal one with a brake lamp it goes well with your car,
It costs you around 1300 - 1500 (depends on the color)

Led Strips - Each meter 200 rs, 1 meter = 60 leds.
The led strip can be cut every 3 leds, (example - 3 leds, 6,9, 12, 24)
Max - 2 meters needed..

I have used 12 each side, 12 x 4 = 48, rest 12 for the rear bumper.

For more reference -

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/436-accessories-maruti-800-a-9.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/1109-under-dashboard-lighting.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-parts/4380-custom-modifications-leds-3.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eds-wheel-wells-inside-alloys-24122011015.jpg

Hope it was usefull.... :)

Thread Starter #14

lxi.

Suspended

thanks varun. I thought the spoiler would be no less than 4-5 k :stupid:

Top Bottom