Maruti Suzuki A-Star Review & Pictures

Good report and pictures 350Z and Zinam! The decals on the car are looking good. I never like or prefer AT vehicles and i also don like the A-star that much. But as you said a good choice for a small family who need an AT and are tight on budget. FE is bad IMO but i guess all AT'S suffer from less FE.

BTW i can see a signboard pointing towards Anna Nagar , where was the pictures clicked actually?

Thread Starter #17
Thanks Dhaya.

A Star is one good AT small car for India which is worth considering.

Pictures taken on Highways leading to Chennai North

Excellent report with review Zinam.[thumbsup]

So India is gearing up with the Automatic segment.
But A/T has mind of it's own, often down shifting every now & then.

350Z

Core Team
Well done guys. Nice and crisp review.
I was surprised to read the FE figure - 10/13 on city/highway. Otherwise looks excellent choice for women drivers specially. Now we do have one alternate to i10.
Yes, that much low mileage comes as shock for hatchback but then, it is an Automatic which is usually popular for their gas guzzling habits. The road test car was a brand new model, so I’m quite sure that after some more running and servicing, hopefully the car should be capable enough to return slightly better figures.

Drive Safe,
350Z

excellent pics and reviews guys. i think A-star is very VFM, reliable and cheapest hatchback in india and standard ABS is also great feature to know... but somehow its not looking very attractive. means it looks good only in pics but not much in real. its IMHO only so plz don't start arguing..

Surprising to see the VXi badging. Should have been AXi. The Wagon R & Esteem Automatics were badged AX. The Zen Auto was before the LX, VX nomenclature started.

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star A/T Road Test Review

Will be getting our A-Star AT tomorrow. How I wish my car is the last A-Star to roll-out of Maruti plant[:)]

A-Star AT

My Likes:
- Well put together car
- Perfect city car (Compact and Auto gear)
- Good Mileage
- Looking cuter day by day[:)]

DisLikes:
- None at this time

Some pics taken from mobile.
IMAG0657.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0670.jpg

350Z

Core Team

Will be getting our A-Star AT tomorrow. How I wish my car is the last A-Star to roll-out of Maruti plant
Congrats. It’s getting rarer to see brand new A-Stars lately but I still have a liking towards this car and would anyday prefer it to an Alto. Do share more details including mileage.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thank you 350Z.

I am somehow feeling that, the current A-Star will be a better car than the new one (from scoop images I have seen). As the new one looks like a bloated Alto 800 to me.

While hunting for a 800 5-Speed for my wife yesterday, I came across a Blue A-Star AT. Car was 2011 built and 2012 registered and had 11.5K Kms on the odo. Car was in excellent condition with not a single scratch. Interiors and engine bay were kept clean (not just cleaned for the sale). Only problem I noticed was a sound coming from the rear on acceleration. Probably a bearing on the rear right wheel. Car was owned by a lady but was being sold by a broker. He quoted 3.6L and finally came to 3.3L. I was planning to offer him 2.5L and finally settle of no more than 2.7L. What do you think?

Your pricing is on mark.If at all why don't you contact the lady directly.It may look cheesy but quoting 3.3L is very huge.
A Max of 3 L.Thats it.

Your pricing is on mark.If at all why don't you contact the lady directly.
She has already sold the car to the broker but it's still in her name.

It may look cheesy but quoting 3.3L is very huge. A Max of 3 L.Thats it.
I spoke to a friend who's a broker and he said to quote 2.5L and finally settle for no more than 2.7L.

The onroad price of Astar AT ~5 L (assumption).
Build-2011
KMs driven~12 K
Owner ~1st.
Current depreciated price ~3-3.3 L

Not finding fault with your friend,a brokers mind is always about the profit he/she can make. I said 3 L max ,since the vehicle is in very good condition.If the vehicle had ran more than 30 K Kms ,what he says is alright.

If you get it at 2.7 L ,well and good.
But it would be worth even if you pay 3 L.
This is my point.

Any way check why the vehicle is having such a low mileage and see the vehicle history too .
[thumbsup]

Top Bottom