Maruti Ritz User Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Last year, i had a test drive of the recently launched maruti ritz (ZXI) and here are my findings. Here is my feedback on the test drive.

Exteriors: The look is new for Ritz (accepted well in Europe though). If u look at the front its gives you a Innova/CRV like feeling. The headlights and body curves are descent. The boomerang shaped rear lights looks good though. Front and rear fog lamp, child lock and central locking are default in V and Z variants. The ZXI version also has alloy wheels, rear defogger and wiper. Overall the exteriors are great!

Interiors: The interiors are refreshing with the the dashboard having new 2 shades blue and black combined and also the texture is nice. The central console is same as ZXI Swift. The extra feature is the tachometer on the top of the dashboard on the left side (somewhat like A-star but better placed) and the gear stick integrated in the central console like i10. The steering wheel and driver seat is adjustable and is pretty comfortable.
The car is fairly roomy as compared to its counterparts. The legroom is almost same as that of swift but bcoz of the tall boy design you don’t feel crampy even with 3 ppl in the rear seat. The rear seat also has 60:40 split for throwing some extra luggage. Overall the interiors are very good.

Safety: The ZXI varient comes with dual frontal airbag and the ABS EBD for V and Z variants same as swift.

Drive: I test drove ritz on the same day. The seats are really comfortable and there is easy ingress and egress, thanks to tall boy design and wide door openings. The ritz is a little slow on the pickup but the drive is really smooth unlike swift which is a little coarse. The swift has a really nice pickup and handling though and you can race it in no time.

Price: The pricing is completely in head on with i10 and swift. i20 astra (medium varient) is 6.4 lakhs on road and i20 magna is basic version is priced at 5.4 (same as Ritz ZXI) and missing out on a lot of features.

So I went for Ritz and I am using it for the past one year. Ritz simply rocks !!!

Yes Ritz is feature packed and interiors are very good.

Somehow, I don't like its rear looks, apart from that its really excellent car.

I liked the looks of Ritz but was not impressed with the leg room @rear seats. The seat itself is not comfy and the leg space is not at all adequate.
Its engine is a smart buck. The K-Series has proved to be one of the best if not the best. Low end pickup is missing and that could be a point to think about. i10 felt better in terms of low speed pickup with the 1.2 Kappa engine and leg space also was good compared to Ritz.
Maruthi could have done something better with Ritz in terms of accomodating a bit more space.

@Autopranav - Why don't you post some pics of your car. No ownership review is complete with pictorial representation of their machines. [:)]

Last edited:
Excellent report autopranav. Ritz is no doubt a great car. BTW where are the pics?

Good review Autopranav! Ritz is simple doing well because its a Maruti with a good K-Series engine. Well but actually i don like the looks of Ritz , but still a good car to own!

Have you gone in for the top-end variant? Which color? Where are the pictures man? What accessories have gone into your car? And also what FE do you get from your Ritz? And also please share with us the maintenance cost of Ritz which you have faced since first service!

Top Bottom