Maruti Ritz DDiS Vs Chevy Beat Diesel TCDi

Your choice?

• Total voters
Voted for Ritz, reasons as mentioned in my previous post.
Ritz is useful both in city and highway

Hi, I choose Ritz for peppy engine and more practicality than Beat. Difference in price is little only. Plz correct if am wrong.

I have done my test drive last weekend and found that ride/handling was good. When compared to Swift rear leg space is more in Beat but the thigh support is less, I have a petrol swift now and I can realize it as soon I enter rear seat. Dealer promised me for the vehicle in 15 days.

Overall I liked the Beat diesel and booked it [:D]

Voted for Ritz:

Since it is diesel shootout so obviously practicality is a priority. Ritz is more practical IMHO as:

1. It has more space and comfortable seats.
2. Better engine
3. Better boot space.
4. Better service network.

But for a young couple (as shown in a Beat D ad), Beat is way more attractive than Ritz. It ultimately boils down to individual need and perception.

However one thing for sure, diesel plant will significantly improve Beat's sales figure (may be at the cost of i10!)

Price difference between ritz and beat is around 50-58k(base).Do you think it is a small amount.I dont think so.
Heard beat has better ride quality than ritz.Fro personal experience from chevy beat petrol,the ride quality is very good for what we pay.The reason I opted ritz was it give you a proper mjd.I city I think beat would be more driveable as it has negligible turbolag.If it is highway,oh boy ritz would be ahead of beat. Beat is good city car,i10 buyers would get attracted to beat.Ritz is bigger car,beat would easy to park in a city i think(I think kappa starts at around 4.2lakhs,beatD at 4.3lakhs).
If I was in such dilemma,I would save up to get a punto ative or all new swift ldi.
I dont know about the outside visibiity of the ritz for short drivers,but beat has visibilty issues especilly for the short ones.

Last edited:
I have done my test drive last weekend and found that ride/handling was good. When compared to Swift rear leg space is more in Beat but the thigh support is less, I have a petrol swift now and I can realize it as soon I enter rear seat. Dealer promised me for the vehicle in 15 days.

Overall I liked the Beat diesel and booked it [:D]
Hi, Congrats. Please also post review !

It is no way we just compare Ritz with Beat.

Both are different segment cars and there should be no comparison at all

However I vote for Ritz, because beat looks to me like a toy than a car[lol]

Hello All,

Am the new member of this forum. Just came to know about this forum while I was searching for comparison between Beat LT Diesel and Ritz Vdi.

Actually I want to go fora diesel car but am somehow confused between both these machines. Both are good but whereas the power is concerned, Ritz is much powerful then Beat. Its true that no one would need too much power to achieve 100+ KMPH mark. Doesn't matter if its sailing over highways. But my question is, In the burning summers of India, specially in plains, would Beat's small and less powerful engine be able to beat the heat?

Right now I'm using Maruti Alto K10 Vxi. With a power of 68 BHP and a 998 CC Engine, sometimes it also lack its cooling in extremely hot climate when the temprature is around 45-46.

Ritz has a power of 1248 CC/75 BHP. Hopefully it would be able to beat this high temperature but Beat.... Its doubtful.

Could anyone please help me in this matter?

Thanks. :-)

Hello All,

Am the new member of this forum. Just came to know about this forum while I was searching for comparison between Beat LT Diesel and Ritz Vdi.

Actually I want to go fora diesel car but am somehow confused between both these machines. Both are good but whereas the power is concerned, Ritz is much powerful then Beat. Its true that no one would need too much power to achieve 100+ KMPH mark. Doesn't matter if its sailing over highways. But my question is, In the burning summers of India, specially in plains, would Beat's small and less powerful engine be able to beat the heat?

Right now I'm using Maruti Alto K10 Vxi. With a power of 68 BHP and a 998 CC Engine, sometimes it also lack its cooling in extremely hot climate when the temprature is around 45-46.

Ritz has a power of 1248 CC/75 BHP. Hopefully it would be able to beat this high temperature but Beat.... Its doubtful.

Could anyone please help me in this matter?

Thanks. :-)
Beat has automatic climate control and the ac is effective ,please go and take test drive of both the cars and then select if possible take them on highway too and try both .

Top Bottom