Maruti Ritz DDiS Vs Chevy Beat Diesel TCDi

Your choice?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Friends,

Now that the GM has launched the Beat diesel, where do you think it stands out with Maruti Ritz diesel.

Can GM put thumbs down to reliable Maruti.?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
IMO

Chevy Beat diesel stands out in Mileage, Features(Airbags, ACC and Tilt steering etc, although it lacks steering mounted controls).

Maruti Ritz diesel beat BEAT in Performance, Comfort(Easy Ingress and Egress being a tall boy in this segment) and ASS(No doubt).

Both has got decent look. So where is the competition heading to?

Last edited:
Chevy beat and MS Ritz are actually based on the same engine:The famous 1248cc MJD.But in Beat, one cylinder is absent.And so its 936cc.So the car may become noisy at higher revs.Those who cannot afford Ritz can go in for Beat,but you may have to adjust with the cramped rear part.As said,the equipment levels of Beat is far more superior to Ritz.And Beat has a more futuristic design when compared to Ritz.The beat also scores in the fuel efficiency part.

Ritz's design may not appeal everyone.But overall its a good car.It has a more powerful motor under the hood.And its mated to a good gearbox.And the service network of MSIL is the best in the country.So you cant get wrong in buying that.

I cannot comment on the performance of Beat, but Ritz is definitely a great car to drive. The interiors have good space in comparison to the Beat. As for the looks, i personally find both good in their own way. While Ritz has smart face, Beat bears a sharp expression.

However, as an overall package, i would recommend Maruti Suzuki Ritz.

Thread Starter #6
I thought to give a small comparison with the pricing.

Below is the price of the top ends(I'm referring to OTR price in chennai)

Chevy Beat LT - 5.88 L (Has got Tilt Steering, ACC, Music system with USB AUX input, Boot lamp, Rear wiper and defogger)
Chevy Beat LT(Optional) - 6.44L (Includes ABS, Airbags an Alloys)

Maruti Ritz VDi - 5.97 L (Has got nothing I mentioned in Beat LT except for the boot lamp)
Maruti Ritz VDi ABS - 6.22 L (Name states it has got ABS)

Having said that if we compare the above, prices are more similar, but beat has got lot more goodies. I would say if Maruti revises the prices of Ritz Vdi then the Beat will have huge impact in sales.

Else if Maruti add the goodies to Ritz for the same price then it would revolutionarize the sales. Maruti being top in ASS and the kind of reputation it has got, it can become a leader in the segment. Beat would have to fight hard to catch it up with its puny engine.[cry]

I have not driven the Beat but based on the reviews i have read so far the engine though being a 3 pot it has got good refinement levels and performance is adequate enough , just that you have to plan your overtaking as the Beat has not got outright performance or acceleration.

I would prefer Beat if i want a good compact secondary city car and go for Ritz if its going to be primary car.

I would prefer Beat if i want a good compact secondary city car and go for Ritz if its going to be primary car.

IMO Primary car should be well equipped. Secondary / city car is Okayish without Airbags and Abs .
It is not advisable to sail on highway without these features.

This is clear war in between engine and features. Though there is no clear winner as of now.
In my opinion Maruti should come up with more features.
Chevrolet should introduce higher capacity engine.

P.S.
Both players are discouraged to increase the price.

IMO

Choose Beat if you have

• Mostly usage in city traveling and 1-2 weekend trips
  • Small family of 4 + 1 kid
  • Want to have a second VFM car
  • Base Beat LS come at 4.66 and Ritz LDi at 4.94 - save 28k
  • Beat power is less 58.5@4000 compare to Ritz 75@4000 but for city driving it doesn't matter
  • Beat LS comes with more features than Ritz LDi
Choose Ritz if you have

• 50-50 City and Highway driving
  • Family of 5 heavy people
  • Is your first car
  • Should have ABS and Air bags for safety
  • Ritz will be better on highway cruising as it has more power.
  • Beat LT OPT Diesel price at 5.54 and Ritz is 5.29 - Save 25 k

If at all I would have to choose between Ritz and Beat
My vote goes to Beat.
You have got more features (ABS+Airbags)
And on power front I am struggling to get answer how much power we require to cruise on highway, Huh Beat has got sufficient power to achieve 100+ speed comfortably.
Considering expressways are not F1 tracks.

Have gone for Beat, although have never driven it. But the list of features at the same price and more cabin space makes it a good buy.

Well my vote goes for Ritz as it looks a better package rather than Beat. I drove Beat diesel for some 1000 odd kms and found that initial punch is not there in 1.2 petrol engine let alone diesel one.

On the other hand Ritz has DDIs technology and power delivery is good. Some time I wonder why people go for Swift and not for Ritz, because of rear !

@Shailinder - people go for Swift and not for Ritz because of its eye catching design and mad rush. Ritz is quite odd in shape and difficult for common people to accustom to. Swift and Ritz share the same engine but they belong to different class!

Top Bottom