Maruti Puts a Full Stop To Zen Estilo's Production

Yes the new estilo had the new K-series engine, but it used to vibrate a bit more than usual when in idling. The old engine was really fantastic compared to this K10. The car was feature loaded but dint sell well due to the poor looks.

Worst car:
Each one of us will have a different meaning for the above word. For someone, who knows a little about cars & wants a car with factory fit features. This is a wonderful option. If I had 1.6lacs & I have to buy a used car in Bangalore, I will not shy away from this option. but then that is just my opinion. Good looking & fast selling cars aren't always great, sad looking cars aren't really that bad.

Glad to see that car go and hope Maruti brings contemporary hatchbacks in India instead. Have rarely seen this car on roads and when I have, its in some weird color like pink driven by a lady...

First of all, I dint understand at all, why it was there. [lol]
In that case why was the old Wagon R there. If you compare the old Wagon R and the old Estilo, the Estilo was clearly the more modern product.

WaghonR itself is outdated, the maruti is facelifting this box for years.
Actually the current Wagon R is not a facelift. It is an entirely new model. Versions 1 & 2 were identical except for the clear lens head and tail lamps and grill. Version 3 again was the same but this time they updated the tailgate, bumpers, grill and lights besides deleting the rear wiper from the VXi. /QUOTE]

You could expect massive discounts on the remaining stock.
Any idea how much?

Zen Estilo, was really not that bad as it looked. The old shape which I guess came out in 2007 had everything same as a Wagon R (I mean engine bay, suspension etc).
+1

The four cylinder 1100cc engine was a gem.
It was basically the same engine from the 800 with an additional cylinder.

A VFM car if bought as a used car, in Bangalore you can easily get a used Estilo for about 1.5 to 1.75lacs for a 2008 LXi model car, just look at the features you get for this price.
My +1.

Estilo was worst car from Maruti's Table .
What about the A-Star, Ritz, Versa?

350Z

Core Team
Estilo is dead. It's official. Maruti Suzuki has now removed the car from their official website.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Maruti could have revived the brand name and use it again after some modification.
Yeah I agree.

Maruti Suzuki could have done the best possible facelift like new gen Wagon R with some good marketing as they are doing now for Celerio and keep the ZEN brand alive.

Recently I bought a 2013 model new Estilo at a discounted price. Prices apart, I feel its one of the good vehicles on the road for city drives. Slim enough to go through thick traffic, tall enough to accommodate comfortably, adequate leg room space and easy ingress and egress makes it easy for senior citizens. The front also looks better than older model. I think it also fits well for occasional long drives too with a family of 4 members. The VXI model provides all the gizmos needed as economical price. I will include the pics and my review later on. Overall, I feel very happy too for it is being backed by Maruti network. After seeing my vehicle two of my neighbours have started enquiring about Estilo only to be told out of stock.

Last edited:
Recently I bought a 2013 model new Estilo at a discounted price. Prices apart, I feel its one of the good vehicles on the road for city drives. Slim enough to go through thick traffic, tall enough to accommodate comfortably, adequate leg room space and easy ingress and egress makes it easy for senior citizens. The front also looks better than older model. I think it also fits well for occasional long drives too with a family of 4 members. The VXI model provides all the gizmos needed as economical price. I will include the pics and my review later on. Overall, I feel very happy too for it is being backed by Maruti network. After seeing my vehicle two of my neighbours have started enquiring about Estilo only to be told out of stock.
Exactly same is my opinion about Estilo though I own new gen Wagon R. My first preference was Estilo when I was out for hunt for my car. Have a look at my ownership review at http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ggie-pre-owned-wagon-r-2011-a.html#post367168

IMO estilo was projected as Girl's car (read women preferred car) and the pink colour added the confirmation to it though it had same k10 engine, VFM car and performance as Wagon R

Last edited:

Top Bottom