Maruti Launches Limited Edition Swift RS

Thread Starter #1
Maruti has introduced a limited edition Swift RS, which gets add-ons like body graphics and a body kit.

The Swift RS’s body kit includes a revised front and rear bumper and a roof spoiler. It also gets black and blue body graphics, along with black wheel covers. The wing mirrors come in blue and there’s even an illuminated Swift emblem on all four door siils.

On the inside, the upholstery is once again adorned in black and blue, and it also gets a music system with a CD player, Aux-in and USB capability.

On the introduction of the Swift RS, Manohar Bhat, vice president, marketing, Maruti Suzuki India, said, “The Swift RS is in continuation of Maruti Suzuki’s celebrations planned around the Swift model as it moves towards the “1 million” cumulative sales mark. The Swift not only pioneered the premium compact segment in the country, it continues to remain the top selling car in the segment. The Swift has cumulatively sold over 9.6 lakh units since its launch in May 2005. We are confident that the limited edition Swift RS will be ideal for customers who look to further enhance the sporty character and style of the Swift. All this comes with a much higher value worth than the price the customer pays for the Swift RS package.”

The Swift RS package is available only on the VXi and VDi trims and is priced at Rs 24,500 over and above the cost of the respective trim.

Source : Maruti launches limited edition Swift RS | News | Autocar India

Attachments

^^ Ertiga_ZMR, I agree with you to some extent. But MS is known for such strategy since ages. 'Limited edition' or 'Special edition' marketing strategy.

It is Maruti gaint Indian car maker they know well how to play market games. They started feeling the fever of Ecosport.

It doesn't qualify for RS (Rally Sport) with just an external enhancement/accessories. I wish they plonk a better engine under the bonnet for the same.

They should have given some performance enhance kit for RS version. This could have interest to some. Only some paint and roof spoiler ...[sleep]

It is good for someone who actually want those spoiler/bodykit. and actually @ justified cost. but there is 2 thing MS, first you are insulting RS moniker, without an engine/suspension change it is just a namesake.
second being why middle varient. Is it because Z variant already has a music player? it is a simple swap of some body parts, Why not make it available in all variant

Another Cheap Gimmick by MS.

But we can't fault them much, can we?. Maruthi has been mostly making conservative changes to existing models and releasing them as refreshed ones where most of the changes are just cosmetic. These changes have brought them success & accolades and MS clearly understands the Indian market which is mostly conservative[:)]. Swift is already the hottest hatch, so a radical change might be taking undue risk. May be they got their lessons after introducing Ritz[;)].

But, on the whole, I thought they could have atleast put a more powerful engine for this limited edition, But MS never disappoints, they are as usual awful with their limited editions

The black wheel covers looks awkward [personally]. This may not improve the sales significantly considering no engine options / performance upgrades.

Really stupid edition by Maruti once again. I am not sure how many people will line up to pay 25k more for this sticker job, with black wheel covers.
In my opinion to signify Rally Sport (RS) tag they should have at least added an alloy wheel with fatter rubber to give Vxi/Vdi version Swift a meaner stance, I think there are many after market shops which can do a better sticker job than Maruti has done.
I know it is a dream but why can't we get a VGT diesel in a Swift with at least 90PS :please: it will be a hoot to drive.

Swift RS can only be considered as a futile effort from MSIL to boost sales.
My take on how to improve sales of Swift and cope up with the new entrants would be to equip the L variants with tachometer and some goodies , V variants with better sized tyres and retrieving the old VDi ABS variant into the lineup. Without this additions I would say Swift lower variants are severly 'overpriced'.

Top Bottom