Maruti Gypsy or Chevrolet Beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

you guys know i have booked gypsy recently . i was talking to friend yesturday whose another friend did owned gypsy in past . he told me that gypsy require lot of maintenance . which made me worry

as i will have lot of usage and rough

so another car came in mind was beat diesel seeing chevy warranty and maintenance offer last not least mileage it offer .

please guys clear my mind .
My heart say gypsy and mind say beat diesel .

please only look at maintenance cost only not fuel(reason as i will put CNG in gypsy so running cost of fuel is same for both) I want low maintenance car

i need to decide within few days as gypsy delievery date is also coming close

Re: gypsy or chevy beat

hi mastersqall,
gypsy an beat are from entirely different segments, i think it will be really difficult to compare both. Since you have a lot of usage and rough as you mentioned, my vote goes for gypsy. (Also chevy beat diesel comes with a 3 cylinder 1 ltr diesel heart. So you may not get the desired performance)

Re: gypsy or chevy beat

mastersquall,
My vote goes for Gypsy !
It will do the job for you ! Regarding the maintenance , since its a maruti make i think it to be cheaper to maintain and the MASS will help you to keep the Gypsy in good conditon.
Opting for a diesel hatch like chevy Beat diesel !
Its just a commuters diesel car. Many reviews says it to be underpowered for highways. Except the aggressive looking front the rear design doesn't look good(according to me[glasses]).
Still if you are worried about maintenance do check the Mahindra Thar.

These two cars will serve completely different purposes.

One is a 2wd and one is 4wd.

Your decision should be based on application.

350Z

Core Team
you guys know i have booked gypsy recently . i was talking to friend yesturday whose another friend did owned gypsy in past . he told me that gypsy require lot of maintenance . which made me worry

so another car came in mind was beat diesel seeing chevy warranty and maintenance offer last not least mileage it offer .
This isn’t an Apple-to-Apple Comparison. You should decide the purpose first and the answer will clearly come out itself. Also, remember not to depend on an individual opinion. The answers would vary from person to person. Find out what the majority of owners have to say about maintenance.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
hi mastersqall,
gypsy an beat are from entirely different segments, i think it will be really difficult to compare both. Since you have a lot of usage and rough as you mentioned, my vote goes for gypsy. (Also chevy beat diesel comes with a 3 cylinder 1 ltr diesel heart. So you may not get the desired performance)
ya i have lot of running and lot of rough usage .
mastersquall,
My vote goes for Gypsy !
It will do the job for you ! Regarding the maintenance , since its a maruti make i think it to be cheaper to maintain and the MASS will help you to keep the Gypsy in good conditon.
Opting for a diesel hatch like chevy Beat diesel !
Its just a commuters diesel car. Many reviews says it to be underpowered for highways. Except the aggressive looking front the rear design doesn't look good(according to me[glasses]).
Still if you are worried about maintenance do check the Mahindra Thar.
i did checked thar but due to its poor FE i removed it from my list .
These two cars will serve completely different purposes.

One is a 2wd and one is 4wd.

Your decision should be based on application.
i know but both have main work is to transport from one place to another . 4WD is used only when you do off-roading or something else only difference i think its GC
This isn’t an Apple-to-Apple Comparison. You should decide the purpose first and the answer will clearly come out itself. Also, remember not to depend on an individual opinion. The answers would vary from person to person. Find out what the majority of owners have to say about maintenance.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Problem is that from day i have booked my gypsy i am getting mixed reaction . [frustration]

Drive Safe,
350Z
+1, first know your usage requirement from the vehicle and then decide, no vehicle is perfect and no vehicle is damn bad.

please only look at maintenance cost only not fuel(reason as i will put CNG in gypsy so running cost of fuel is same for both) I want low maintenance car
What maintenance issues will the gypsy give? It is a petrol powered one and uses MPFI engine under the hood, what more do you need?

P.S: Try for good used boleros or scorpios in that budget.

What is you application.

One is a city driver and one is a go anywhere car.

Depends on where you want to ply the car.City roads or offroads

Thread Starter #12
mostly on road except in factory area bad roads . only reason i choose beat due to its FE which means i don't need to install CNG cylinder this way i can fold seat and make good space to hold my factory item

Then why not a ford figo diesel? It is cheap to bye , has good mileage and also more power that beat, plus more boot that beat.
Or rather new Vista LX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom