Maruti Ertiga ZXi: Buying and Ownership Experience

Sarvesh bro,

you can remove the luggage tray but even in that case it will increase only the loading height and not the width or length. And when did you book your ertiga bro?

I Booked my Ertiga on july of 2016 it took me a long time period because i changed the variant from vdi to ZDI+ And my car came on October 2nd, Hmm, Then i changed the colour to granite grey and now my car has arrived and today its going for its reg. probably will get it delivered by 36th of november!!! So Excited!
bro
i booked my ertiga on 2nd october .. they have told me the waiting period of 3 months .. i know they will take more time in delivering it ..

Sarvesh bro,

you can remove the luggage tray but even in that case it will increase only the loading height and not the width or length. And when did you book your ertiga bro?

I Booked my Ertiga on july of 2016 it took me a long time period because i changed the variant from vdi to ZDI+ And my car came on October 2nd, Hmm, Then i changed the colour to granite grey and now my car has arrived and today its going for its reg. probably will get it delivered by 36th of november!!! So Excited!
btw ... guys can anyone give me the actually dimenssion of the boot space of ertiga . please give dimenssion in cms.. Length , Height , Width .
n .. what will the height dimension if we remove luggage tray ? .. can we put a soft trolley bag of dimenssion ( 30 X 40 X 75 cms) if the tray is removed ?

Thread Starter #228
Hi Kalinga bro,

May i know the tyre specs that you upgraded too, cause am getting my ertiga by 25th of November its a ZDI+ Granite grey Ertiga Probably its our families first MPV am expecting the delivery day!!! and you ertiga looks awesome, no words to describe your maintenance and care you take on your car, hats off.
I have upgraded the tyre to 195/65/R15 spec. Ground clearance increased by 8 mm. But no issue till now. I have completed almost 6000 KM with the new set of tyre. Car feels more planted on highway. This is the best size for the Ertiga. I wish Maruti should gives this as standard fitment.

HELLO guys
I have booked my ertiga ZDI+ still they dont have delivered me .
actually my question is ., can we remove the luggage tray for temporary purpose, its becoz the car dont have a sufficient space to keep luggage . so if we remove the tray there will be some place so we will get good luggage space . or else what dimension bag can fit if all three seats are up?
Congratulation...
Yes you can remove the tray for extra space.

Ohh That was a Good one you snapped me bro,

Its actually 26th of November typing error 2 an 3 are placed to close so didn't note that.

A pic of my car at stockyard:
Very good color choice. Looks cool in that color.

btw ... guys can anyone give me the actually dimenssion of the boot space of ertiga . please give dimenssion in cms.. Length , Height , Width .
n .. what will the height dimension if we remove luggage tray ? .. can we put a soft trolley bag of dimenssion ( 30 X 40 X 75 cms) if the tray is removed ?
Yes you can put a medium size trolley in that space.

I have upgraded the tyre to 195/65/R15 spec. Ground clearance increased by 8 mm. But no issue till now. I have completed almost 6000 KM with the new set of tyre. Car feels more planted on highway. This is the best size for the Ertiga. I wish Maruti should gives this as standard fitment.

Congratulation...
Yes you can remove the tray for extra space.

Very good color choice. Looks cool in that color.

Yes you can put a medium size trolley in that space.
Hi Bro, Love your thread your thread really inspired me in getting ertiga and maintaining cars so thanks for that first of all, And then my car's GC should also have got increased as I've got ridden of those Stock Goodyear tyres, And replaced it with a Continental Conti Max Grip 195/65 R15. Yeah i too definitely feel that maruti should make 195 Section tyres as standard as even swift top spec variant has a 185 section ones. Thanks bro, am actually in LUV with the color hard to maintain but if done properly its a gem also LUV with the LUV...

My Ertiga's Thread:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...a-granite-grey-zdi-shvs-highway-champion.html

A pic of him:

Attachments

Thread Starter #230
Hi Bro, Love your thread your thread really inspired me in getting ertiga and maintaining cars so thanks for that first of all, And then my car's GC should also have got increased as I've got ridden of those Stock Goodyear tyres, And replaced it with a Continental Conti Max Grip 195/65 R15. Yeah i too definitely feel that maruti should make 195 Section tyres as standard as even swift top spec variant has a 185 section ones. Thanks bro, am actually in LUV with the color hard to maintain but if done properly its a gem also LUV with the LUV...

My Ertiga's Thread:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...a-granite-grey-zdi-shvs-highway-champion.html

A pic of him:
You are welcome bro...Glad to know that my thread inspired you to buy the Ertiga.
This is an fantastic color...and yes, it is little hard to maintain.

Congratulation again for the new car

You are welcome bro...Glad to know that my thread inspired you to buy the Ertiga.
This is an fantastic color...and yes, it is little hard to maintain.

Congratulation again for the new car
Yes I've always been In a Surprise in the way that your ertiga looks, After you complete the process of detailing it looks smashing and its such an treat to the eye!!!!

Yes Its hard to maintain, But anyways i got prepared for it when i changed the colour from serene blue to granite grey.

Hello,
Very good review please keep updating the thread.
Can you tell me how good is the AC in Ertiga?
How comfortable is the third row?
I am planning to buy a seven seater and shortlisted Ertiga and Honda BRV both Petrol variant any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Thread Starter #236
Hello,
Very good review please keep updating the thread.

Can you tell me how good is the AC in Ertiga?
Excellent AC. No complain. Mine is Zxi so it have the second row AC.

How comfortable is the third row?
Strictly for children or 1 Adult only. This Seat is only for short drive. I will not recommend to anyone for long drive.

I am planning to buy a seven seater and shortlisted Ertiga and Honda BRV both Petrol variant any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
My answers inline in bold

Updating this thread after a long time.
My Ertiga is now 4 years and 11 months old. Completed almost 72000 KM.
Nothing to complain. Did a lot of long drive.
My latest was:
Pune --> Bangalore --> Mysore --> Coorg --> Bangalore --> Kolhapur --> Pune.
A total of 2700 KM of drive.
Out of which i did 850 Km in a single day.
Ertiga again proved to be extremely reliable and comfortable long travel car.

I will post few current pics and odo meter reading later.

Thread Starter #239
20171130_220045.jpg
Completed almost 72000+ km.
No issues till date.
Except regular servicing. Changed the front break pad in in last service.
That is around 68000 km. I did it purposely as I was preparing for the long drive to Bangalore & Coorg.

My Ertiga still drives as it was in day 1. Consistent mileage.

Thread Starter #240
Updating this thread after a very long time.
Sold my Ertiga in 2019. It was almost 1 lac KM old. Except one major issue found around 98000 km was the steering failure on the move.
So lost the confidence for highway drive on ertiga.

Also bought a tata tiago AT XZA (2018) and sold that as well after one year. Lots of niggles, poor AC, uncomfortable rear seat was the reason for early departure :)

So sold both the car (Ertiga and Tiago ) in 2019
Bought a Innova crysta 2.8 AT as an upgrade. Now it is serving me flawlessly. Almost done 40000 KM.

Top Bottom