Maruti Ertiga ZXi: Buying and Ownership Experience

Hello All,

I am looking to buy a Family Car. Confused whether to choose the Mahindra Quanto C6 Or The Maruti Ertiga VXI ABS.[frustration]

Need your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Manjunath

Hello All,

I am looking to buy a Family Car. Confused whether to choose the Mahindra Quanto C6 Or The Maruti Ertiga VXI ABS.[frustration]

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Manjunath
Hey I did have same confusion but after TD it was Ertiga which ticked all of requirements. Did you TD both? If you TD both let us know what you felt.

Hello All,

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Manjunath
Dear Manjunath,
If you see the monthly sales figure especially July month, Quanto sales are more suffered. So my suggestion is to forget Quanto and buy Ertiga full option models(diesel or petrol according to your use). Never compromise with safety.

Hey I did have same confusion but after TD it was Ertiga which ticked all of requirements. Did you TD both? If you TD both let us know what you felt.
Hey Thanks for your valuable inputs!! yes i did TD of both the vehicles. Ertiga was a more comfortable ride.. But my heart was always towards Ertiga...[lol]Seems you own a Ertiga.. Can i know how is the ride, FE and maintenance of Ertiga? Looking forward for your inputs...

Hey Thanks for your valuable inputs!! yes i did TD of both the vehicles. Ertiga was a more comfortable ride.. But my heart was always towards Ertiga...[lol]Seems you own a Ertiga.. Can i know how is the ride, FE and maintenance of Ertiga? Looking forward for your inputs...
Hi,

I own a Ertiga vxi abs which is just 4 months old and covered 4 thousand kms. i can assure you that you go fr a Ertiga without any doubt. I am getting mileage of 16.9 in highway and 14-15 in city. these figures are from it's display.I haven't driven the Quanto but today I took a test drive of Ford Ecosport of my friend. My view is Ertiga is far better then Ecosport in every aspect except looks and looks is subjective. The petrol engine is very smooth and pick-up is grt. If you need any other information about Ertiga petrol then ask me and I can help you out.

Thank you DrivenByCars

Right now my car is 1700 KM old. I believe the KMPL is increasing gradually.
Now in the city it shows constantly 15.5 KMPL with 100% AC ON. It was previously 13.5 to 14 KMPL.

In Express Highway the DTE mileage was 17 KMPL with 80% AC ON. It was when the car was pretty new. Now I think it will give more KMPL. I will do a Mumbai drive this weekend. I will update the latest mileage of the car.
Thanks for the info. There are a very few members with petrol version and good to know you are getting such figures. Did you get these from MID or using "tank full" method?

Hi,

I own a Ertiga vxi abs which is just 4 months old and covered 4 thousand kms. i can assure you that you go fr a Ertiga without any doubt. I am getting mileage of 16.9 in highway and 14-15 in city. these figures are from it's display.I haven't driven the Quanto but today I took a test drive of Ford Ecosport of my friend. My view is Ertiga is far better then Ecosport in every aspect except looks and looks is subjective. The petrol engine is very smooth and pick-up is grt. If you need any other information about Ertiga petrol then ask me and I can help you out.
Hitesh,

Yes I completely agree with your comments on Ford Ecosport, I had been to ford showroom, my wife ignored by seeing the looks of it. So I did not TD it. But was surprised that the bookings had a waiting period of 1year.[surprise]

I would advice you to check the mileage through tank to tank method, bcz the maruthi service guy stated the figures displayed in ertiga were not genuine and advised to find out through tank to tank method.

Have you driven the Ertiga with full 7 passengers on ghats or any steeps? How is the pickup? Is the first service done? how much did it cost.

Regards,
Xeta1250

Dear Manjunath,
If you see the monthly sales figure especially July month, Quanto sales are more suffered. So my suggestion is to forget Quanto and buy Ertiga full option models(diesel or petrol according to your use). Never compromise with safety.
Yes my dear friend i second your comments. [;)]

Hey my LUV has reached 7k kms and I enjoy every ride on it. It has little bit of rattles on rough roads I then learned even a 25Lkh suv like fortuner had such issues. Till now maintenance was no issue. Let me see how she behaves after 20k kms that were most cars fail. The promises made by car makers are not kept. The ride quality is awesome except the Tyre noise on high speeds that is because of stock Tyres. Regarding FE I get 17kmpl 100% AC in Chennai. Yet to take her for long drives.

Hitesh,

Yes I completely agree with your comments on Ford Ecosport, I had been to ford showroom, my wife ignored by seeing the looks of it. So I did not TD it. But was surprised that the bookings had a waiting period of 1year.[surprise]

I would advice you to check the mileage through tank to tank method, bcz the maruthi service guy stated the figures displayed in ertiga were not genuine and advised to find out through tank to tank method.

Have you driven the Ertiga with full 7 passengers on ghats or any steeps? How is the pickup? Is the first service done? how much did it cost.

Regards,
Xeta1250
I will update the mileage of tank to tank method soon, I have driven on ghat road with 6 passengers and all are above 80 kgs [:D] and there is no problem with pickup, the engine pulls like a Spanish bull on any type of road [lol]

The first service was done with 1k kms and cost was Rs. 40

Last edited:
Hey my LUV has reached 7k kms and I enjoy every ride on it. It has little bit of rattles on rough roads I then learned even a 25Lkh suv like fortuner had such issues. Till now maintenance was no issue. Let me see how she behaves after 20k kms that were most cars fail. The promises made by car makers are not kept. The ride quality is awesome except the Tyre noise on high speeds that is because of stock Tyres. Regarding FE I get 17kmpl 100% AC in Chennai. Yet to take her for long drives.
Happy Driving!![clap]

Could you post few pics of your LUV. I have heard a lot about Rouf Rails and it looks sportive and does not look like other roof rails... have u tried this in ur vehicle?

Cheers!!
Xeta1250

I will update the mileage of tank to tank method soon, I have driven on ghat road with 6 passengers and all are above 80 kgs [:D] and there is no problem with pickup, the engine pulls like a Spanish bull on any type of road [lol]

The first service was done with 1k kms and cost was Rs. 40
I am thankful for all your valuable inputs. I have decided to buy Ertiga VXI ABS by exchanging my Indica Xeta which was with me for 7 years.[cry]

I had visited Pratham, Mandovi and Garuda here in Bangalore. What pathetic sales service these guys are got. I met all female sales executives in all the 3 showrooms and they lack even the basic knowledge of the car. It is almost 15 days since i enquired the vechile. But yet to hear from them. They are least bothered to call me for a followup.

Regards,
Xeta1250

Thread Starter #29
Thanks for the info. There are a very few members with petrol version and good to know you are getting such figures. Did you get these from MID or using "tank full" method?
These figures are from MID.
For realtime milage I generally consider -1 of the MID figures.

Even in real time (tankfull to tankfull method) My Ertiga giving much better KMPL then my last car (Hyundai Getz Prime 1.1).

Even though My Getz was 1.1 ltr it gave me around 12 in city and 14-15 KMPL in highway.

Hi Kalinga

did you install reverse camera in your ertiga.

I got it installed and find that the LCD screen fitted on the inside rear vew mirror is vibrating/ shakes even on smooth roads.

Top Bottom