Maruti Ertiga ZXi: Buying and Ownership Experience

Hello All,
My Red Ertiga now 1 Month old with 2000 km Run. First servicing already done. I am very much happy with my LUV.
MILEAGE: Before 1st servicing i was worried due to poor mileage i.e: 9 km without AC (mix Road) but after servicing mileage increase.
DRIVING: Very smooth driving experience. I m not so expert driver so sometime i feel start off but my car is in start mode[;)]
Regarding 3rd Row: Before i buy Ertiga i saw many comments that cann't sit in 3rd row. 3rd Row is very congested. But from my experience i can say a man upto 6 ft tall can sit comfortable even for long journey. yes i agree that 3rd row is not same comfort as 2nd row. Leg space is less than 2nd row. but its OK to manage.
AC: I am very much happy with the AC. I can feel CHILLED if i on AC for 10/15 mint in 3 speed.
MUSIC SYSTEM: One of my friend have I10 he said he got astonished that how can an in-built sound system can produce good quality sound. and till today he is thinking there is a Woofer installed and i m telling lie to him. Really I am VERY HAPPY with the sound.
My QUESTION:
My car always running in Dusty area. So can i apply WAX every day?? Cos if i wash my car with shampoo then wax will gone away so i think i need to wax and polish every day.
Need suggestion..I am very confused[cry] cos i read every where it is written that waxing should me once in 2 months.
Waiting for the reply !!

Thread Starter #212
Hello All,
My Red Ertiga now 1 Month old with 2000 km Run. First servicing already done. I am very much happy with my LUV.
MILEAGE: Before 1st servicing i was worried due to poor mileage i.e: 9 km without AC (mix Road) but after servicing mileage increase.
DRIVING: Very smooth driving experience. I m not so expert driver so sometime i feel start off but my car is in start mode[;)]
Regarding 3rd Row: Before i buy Ertiga i saw many comments that cann't sit in 3rd row. 3rd Row is very congested. But from my experience i can say a man upto 6 ft tall can sit comfortable even for long journey. yes i agree that 3rd row is not same comfort as 2nd row. Leg space is less than 2nd row. but its OK to manage.
AC: I am very much happy with the AC. I can feel CHILLED if i on AC for 10/15 mint in 3 speed.
MUSIC SYSTEM: One of my friend have I10 he said he got astonished that how can an in-built sound system can produce good quality sound. and till today he is thinking there is a Woofer installed and i m telling lie to him. Really I am VERY HAPPY with the sound.
My QUESTION:
My car always running in Dusty area. So can i apply WAX every day?? Cos if i wash my car with shampoo then wax will gone away so i think i need to wax and polish every day.
Need suggestion..I am very confused[cry] cos i read every where it is written that waxing should me once in 2 months.
Waiting for the reply !!
HI,

Congrats for the new ride.

No need to apply wax every day. You can use a duster to clean the dust from the car. Jopasu duster is the best for car dusting. You can wash the car and apply wax once in a week.
Daily shampoo wash and wax not recommended.

Best is wash & Wax in a week is good. Just dusting everyday is good.

Thread Starter #213
UPDATE :
Completed 40,000 KM in 2.5 yrs. Nothing to complain & No major issue till now.
Tyres are seems to be good for another 10,000 KM.
Mileage consistent 11 to 13 kmpl in city and 14 to 17 kmpl in highway depends upon the traffic and driving style.

Still drives like as it was in day one.
Am i happy with my LUV ?

A big YES
[:D]
IMG_20151229_091449.jpg

IMG_20150802_191756.jpg

IMG_20151018_123150.jpg

IMG_20151018_123201.jpg

IMG_20151213_153534.jpg

IMG_20151213_153542.jpg

IMG_20151213_153553.jpg

UPDATE :
Completed 40,000 KM in 2.5 yrs. Nothing to complain & No major issue till now.
Tyres are seems to be good for another 10,000 KM.
Mileage consistent 11 to 13 kmpl in city and 14 to 17 kmpl in highway depends upon the traffic and driving style.

Still drives like as it was in day one.
Am i happy with my LUV ?

A big YES
[:D]
40000 Kms & yet it looks like a new bird. Great maintenance

Thread Starter #215
40,000 KM Service Update::
Actual KM at the time of service : 40,191 KM

IMG_20151231_161558.jpg

Nothing major repair. Only periodic maintenance with wheel balancing and alignment.

Total estimated cost was around Rs 8.500.
I had a free wheel balancing and alignment coupon, so the final bill was Rs.7,735. [:D]

IMG_20151231_171739.jpg
IMG_20151231_171749.jpg

I do not know, if 1KG of grease required for ertiga.
Also i was expecting a brake pad change but it was in good condition so just cleaned it.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #216
UPDATE : 49000 KM : 3 years completed

Updating this thread after a very long time.
Ertiga completed around 49000 KM.
Nothing to report. Mileage has no issue at all. Its feel same as what it was 3 yrs back.
Insurance renewed : Zero Depreciation policy.
1.jpg

After a long drive my freshly waxed car turn into this.

2.jpg
3.jpg

It needs a under body cleaning and outer as well. so headed to nearby car wash center.
After back to home, i used Proklear waterless wash to clean it again. Also apply protectant on tyres.

LUV after the treatment at home.
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Thread Starter #217
UPDATE : Actually lots of update [:)]

-- Completed 50000 KM service
-- Tyre changed
-- Upgrade the Tyres to 195/65/R15
-- Goodyear brand tyres. (Assurance Tripple max)

Done a 1000 km drive immediately after the tyre change.
The new set of tyre has changed the Ertiga. Now the car has awesome stability and comfort.
Nothing to report as such.
I will post some pics later.

Hi KALINGA

Your LUV looks cool [:)]

is there any fuel efficiency drop after Tyre up-size ?
is there any increase in ground clearance too ?

Thread Starter #220
Hi KALINGA

Your LUV looks cool [:)]

is there any fuel efficiency drop after Tyre up-size ?
is there any increase in ground clearance too ?
Thanx Bro.. [:)]

Yes, ground clearance increased almost 9 mm.
As of now did not feel any mileage drop. If it has actually dropped, then i suspect 0.5 or 1 kmpl may be. Not more than that.

Hi Kalinga bro,

May i know the tyre specs that you upgraded too, cause am getting my ertiga by 25th of November its a ZDI+ Granite grey Ertiga Probably its our families first MPV am expecting the delivery day!!! and you ertiga looks awesome, no words to describe your maintenance and care you take on your car, hats off.

HELLO guys
I have booked my ertiga ZDI+ still they dont have delivered me .
actually my question is ., can we remove the luggage tray for temporary purpose, its becoz the car dont have a sufficient space to keep luggage . so if we remove the tray there will be some place so we will get good luggage space . or else what dimenssion bag can fit if all three seats are up?

Attachments

HELLO guys
I have booked my ertiga ZDI+ still they dont have delivered me .
actually my question is ., can we remove the luggage tray for temporary purpose, its becoz the car dont have a sufficient space to keep luggage . so if we remove the tray there will be some place so we will get good luggage space . or else what dimenssion bag can fit if all three seats are up?
Sarvesh bro,

you can remove the luggage tray but even in that case it will increase only the loading height and not the width or length. And when did you book your ertiga bro?

I Booked my Ertiga on july of 2016 it took me a long time period because i changed the variant from vdi to ZDI+ And my car came on October 2nd, Hmm, Then i changed the colour to granite grey and now my car has arrived and today its going for its reg. probably will get it delivered by 36th of november!!! So Excited!

I am sure it would be the world's first car delivered on that date! :biggrin:

Anyway congratulations for the car and wish you a happy ownership.

Regards,
Alpha
Ohh That was a Good one you snapped me bro,

Its actually 26th of November typing error 2 an 3 are placed to close so didn't note that.

A pic of my car at stockyard:

Attachments

Top Bottom