Maruti Ertiga ZXi: Buying and Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #196
Hi Kalinga,

Went through your beautiful ownership thread in one go & I must admit that this is very informative thread.
Why don't you try Hella Black magic 500? Car Cupid said he has brackets available for Aux lamps which do not require any welding or drilling. (Cost mentioned was under 2K).

I have fitted Neolite 1010 (stock bulb replaced with 100w H3 lamps from Osaram), which cost 950/- per pair on my Wagon R & they were very handy during night drives.
Thanks YPS2803,

Car Cupid even said me the same thing before. When I enquired at the time of installation they said they don't have any clamp supplied from Hella.

So I installed custom made that also without any welding & drilling but from a professional shop. Who are in the car electrical repair & installation business for more then 10 yrs. They are very professional and they know their job very well.

I choose the Hella Worklamp as of now. now I am running with this setup only.

Next is NEO supersport 1010 with same as your set up. 100w bulb.
I have installed the wiring & relay which can handle up to 130W.
Planning to install them next month. Clamp and all wiring, relay will be the same, just need to remove the worklamp and install the NEO.

I will update more on this thread soon.

Last edited:
Hi Kalinga,

I am more than eager about the update. I recently (to be precise then on 21.02.2015) brought Ertiga ZDi. Would you mind sharing photos of Aux lamp installation & place from where you have got it done? I am planning to go for Hella Black magic as it would suit more with color (granite grey) of my car.

Hi Kalinga and everyone,

I was out of r very long time and not able to follow the TAI. Saw your seat cover upgrade and they look awesome. Car Cupid again did good job. My LUV my Jeanie is today 1 year old and 10K on ODO. Happy Birthday Jeanie. I have been many ups and downs and Jeanie went through the Body shop twice. nothing very serious but I had a road rage kind of incident along with my parents and pregnant wife and literally had a fight on road where I was hit badly than my car. I dont now when people will understand to keep calm on roads. They hit your car and than try to over power you as if it was all your fault. But all the times, Jeanie saved our life and thanks to it. We had a baby by last year to add new member in our beautiful family. Overall totally satisfied with the car. Had 3rd free service and added the synthetic engine oil. I am travelling a lot to Mumbai and getting good mileage around 14-15 kmpl with AC.

By the way guys, soon there going to be another addition to my family.

Soon I am going to get my dream bike delivered after 9 months booking

My another LUV My RE Classic 350 [:D]

Attachments

Hi all, I'm a newbie to this forum.Would like to share my experience with headlights of ertiga.I have foxes a mind relay and osram bilux 100/90w h4 bulb.total cost Rs.950-Relay
pair of Osram bulbs=Rs.400
Results Much better than philips extreme vision 55wt.I do not like the bluish hue so chosen the normal hue.Still I feel of auxiliary lights during night driving and if drizzling also a must.

Hi All,
I am Abhijit Newbie here from Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. After reading all the review and experience from Ertiga owners i booked for ERTIGA VXI. Wish to get deliver very soon.
If anyone have Ertiga Firebrick Red Color kindly update the pic and tell me something what should i do before i get deliver the car.
I will update later about my purchase. Really i am thankful to TAI forum. [clap]

Thread Starter #201
Hi All,
I am Abhijit Newbie here from Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. After reading all the review and experience from Ertiga owners i booked for ERTIGA VXI. Wish to get deliver very soon.
If anyone have Ertiga Firebrick Red Color kindly update the pic and tell me something what should i do before i get deliver the car.
I will update later about my purchase. Really i am thankful to TAI forum. [clap]
HI Abhijit,

Welcome to the LUV gang..

Just follow the PDI list before delivery.

And after delivery run in the car well for long lasting
After first service..just drive and drive...nothing to worry.
Its a very simple car..nothing to worry about.

If any car detailing service available in BBSR then just have a waxing session for the car.
Please PM me your mobile number. We have created a BBSR group ...if you want to join.

thanx
KALINGA

Hi all, I'm a newbie to this forum.Would like to share my experience with headlights of ertiga.I have foxes a mind relay and osram bilux 100/90w h4 bulb.total cost Rs.950-Relay
pair of Osram bulbs=Rs.400
Results Much better than philips extreme vision 55wt.I do not like the bluish hue so chosen the normal hue.Still I feel of auxiliary lights during night driving and if drizzling also a must.
Hi SSDas,

You are absolutely correct. Ertiga headlamp is worst in night.
I have upgraded every light to almost double the power.

head light upgraded to 90/100
Fog lamp upgraded to 55 w
And also installed 2 auxiliary lamp with 100w..
Now i can safely drive in any weather condition even in night..

We have created a BBSR whatsapp group...please PM me if you want to join.

Thanx
Kalinga

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot Dear Kalinga..

I have booked for Ertiga VXI last week..waiting for the delivery..I will sure update you. Me too hope i will enjoy my ride with LUV.

can you pls tell me What is the waxing cost? It is necessary for rainy season only or for all season?? As this is my first car i have lots of question so don't get irritate pls [confused]

Thread Starter #203
Thanks a lot Dear Kalinga..

I have booked for Ertiga VXI last week..waiting for the delivery..I will sure update you. Me too hope i will enjoy my ride with LUV.

can you pls tell me What is the waxing cost? It is necessary for rainy season only or for all season?? As this is my first car i have lots of question so don't get irritate pls [confused]
Congrats for your new acquisition.

Waxing cost is very nominal..around 1500 to 2000 ..depends on the wax they use.
Wax is an all weather treatment.
Wax helps the car color shine as new.
My LUV is 2 yrs old and 36000 km old, till now it shines as new.
i have mentioned in this thread details about wax.
you can get information more in internet.

yes..you can ask more question..i will happy to answer ... :)

I have installed the Arm rest in my LUV.
I took help from the accessory shop. Installation charge was Rs 50 only. [:)]

Result is awesome. Very comfortable while driving. [clap]
Hi Kalinga
Did you have to get drilling to setup Armrest in Ertiga? If so, will that not cause Maruti warranty void.

Hi Dear Kalinga,
Hope you must be fine there. After all i got my Ertiga Delivered on 1st Oct. Now i need your advice how to take care of my Red Eagle.
This Sunday i had a trip to nearby sea beach. Total trip distance 200 km. I got average 9km/lt without AC. It made me disappointed. Kindly tell me what is the issue.
Here i have attached pic of my Red Eagle.

ertiga 1.jpg

ertiga 2.jpg

Congrats buddy. Wishing you thousands of luvly miles. Never forget to buckle up, and insist even back seat passengers to wear their seat belts atleast on highway journeys.
The efficiency will increase gradually after every service and running only. The car will give max efficiency only after the run in period. Maintaining constant speed in highways will give max efficiency.

Thread Starter #208
This Sunday i had a trip to nearby sea beach. Total trip distance 200 km. I got average 9km/lt without AC. It made me disappointed. Kindly tell me what is the issue.
Hi LUVErtiga,

Congrats for your new ride.
Regarding the mileage, Yours is just fresh out of oven. So it required some time to set the engine. The mileage will increase after 1st service.

Also the mileage depends upon various factors. From tyre pressure to gear selection.

So mileage can be different for different people. but you will get better mileage definitely after the firstservice.

Drive safe and njoy the ride. Buckle Up always.

Hi Kalinga
Did you have to get drilling to setup Armrest in Ertiga? If so, will that impact Maruti warranty ?
I purchased armrest but base is shorter to fit for Ertiga- though asking them to replace it.
Hi Avneet,

Yes, the armrest required drill to install it in ertiga.
And i did not face any issue with the warranty.
Please ask the seller for Ertiga specific arm rest.

Hi Avneet,

Yes, the armrest required drill to install it in ertiga.
And i did not face any issue with the warranty.
Please ask the seller for Ertiga specific arm rest.
Thanks Kalinga for response.
I purchased from Speednav only and they claim that it's for Ertiga only.
If you don't mind can you pls put photograph of your armrest after it was installed?
Regards
Vineet

Thread Starter #210
Thanks Kalinga for response.
I purchased from Speednav only and they claim that it's for Ertiga only.
If you don't mind can you pls put photograph of your armrest after it was installed?
Regards
Vineet
Hello Vineet,

Those information available in "Page-6" of this thread.
With all picture with detail installation picture already available in this thread. [:)]

Top Bottom