Maruti Creates Record of Selling 1 Lakh Ritz!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Launched wayback in May 2009, Maruti Suzuki Ritz has today become the fastest selling hatchback in A-2 segment in India by crossing a fantastic sales mark of 1 Lakh units. On this event, Maruti's Managing Executive officer, Mayank Pareek said - “We are overwhelmed by the terrific response given by our customers to the Maruti Suzuki Ritz. The Ritz was targeted at our discerning customers who, while valuing the traditional Maruti Suzuki attributes of fuel efficiency, reliability and performance, also desired contemporary looks and attitude in the vehicle. The fastest 1 lakh sales mark is customers’ endorsement to all these attributes Ritz stands for.”

a3.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

IMO the ritz is selling really well only because the Swift is having such high waiting periods![lol]
+1. But even then Maruti is making lot of money. I am really surprised. But this had to happen, even RItz is having a waiting period of 3weeks to a month here.

Chill Guys!!

Only Maruti can create reocords & it can break its records.

I am into no surprise & have been waiting for this since its launch.

IMO the ritz is selling really well only because the Swift is having such high waiting periods![lol]

Not to forget they offer discounts also for this hatch and none on Swift.

BTW, I wouldn't say its a solid reason but yes, some buyers do choose to buy Ritz when they hear about the waiting period for the Swift.

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Swift stills sells more than twice of Ritz.

I am not clear how it became fastest selling hatchback in India.[confused]
Correct. Swift sells a lot more than Ritz but the point here is that Ritz has achieved over 1 Lakh sales in little more than a year (17 Months to be precise), hence making it fastest selling hatchback in A2 segment in India, whereas the Suzuki Swift took about 21 Months to make this happen.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i never knew ritz is selling so good. i think even those who were saying bad about its rear are also purchasing it now!! hope even a-star is also doing equally great.

Well sorry for framing my sentence wrongly.

I din mean to say thats the only reason but that's also a reason. And as Nikhil mentioned they don offer any discounts on Swift but Ritz has some discounts too.

Reason i guess again for Ritz's quick sales is too much waiting period for Swift. My friend who just booked a Swift VDi last week has been given a delivery date in March![lol]

@ Akash Two weeks is good , 1 month is okay but Swift has around 4 months here!

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
As per my viewpoint, Ritz has basically become such widespread model in no time because it is tightly positioned between the Wagon-R and Swift. The trend may be changing but still, today, the majority of first time car buyers prefer going with popular Maruti Suzuki brand in India, and within similar range, Ritz is the only car which absolutely offers convenience and tall-boy design as of Wagon-R as well as the bigger capacity peppy engine from Swift by avoiding the never-ending waiting period of same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom