Maruti Automatically Cancelled Booking of Dzire After 1 Year

Thread Starter #1
Hi
My couisn had booked the swift dezire LDI in oct,2010

Today i went to the dealer who said maruti has cancelled the booking since it has corssed 1 year? [frustration]

Is it true what can i do now [confused]

They can't cancel the booking on their own, if at all they have to. You need to be informed. By the way, didn't you follow up with them after you booked on oct 2010 ??, all I know is that they have discontinued the older Dezire for private consumers like us. But then it has to be rolled over to the new ones. I am kind of surprised that its been over 1.4 yrs after you have booked and you never got a call from them ??

In october 10, waiting period was 8 months for diesel dzire, Dealers were selling the cars sent by ms il company for a pirticular custemer, to influencing custemer, there by leading to such scenario.

Dealer must inform the custemer about the follow up of the booked car.

Dealer must notify the custemer about discontinuation of the booked car model, should show courtesy to refund the booking amount or allow to change the booked model.

It seems , he hasn't done so. You can send him legal notice with or without lawyers help. Dealer will definitely budge ,Please see wheather proper booking procedure was followed by your cousin or not before it.

In case of long waiting period, custemer is always at the mercy of dealer, that is why I kept verna and dzire, swift at bay at the time of booking my new diesl sedan.

Thread Starter #4
No he has called us many a time sin last 6-8 monts to take the car. But we wanted car this navrtara so declined earlier.
Now he says he cant give before 1 month

Now he says he cant give before 1 month
Now, that's not exactly cancel!

He offered you the car, you declined to take it on a particular date. He has pushed you down on a priority list, that's all.Nevertheless, you must demand out right delivery because you have been in the queue since 1 yr. I can't fathom the idea of waiting for a yr for a car. How much in advance have you paid?

Thread Starter #7
they are now dealer saying cousin had booked the car it cant be registered on my name.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, dealer is correct on the registration issue, however he can do it on your name, if you request him, But if the dealer is not bothered much about loosing a custemer, then he won't oblige.

Wheather the dealer had given you an ultimatum about discontinuation of the old dzire model?

Top Bottom