Maruti Alto LXi : LXi's Ownership Review!

Thread Starter #61

lxi.

Suspended
Update-Accesorized my alto last week. Here are the things with prices-
1.dashboard wooden trim (850)
2.autographix sunfilm 50% sides and rear(1200)
3. wheel covers(identical to that of new swift;colour-black and silver)(500)
4.underdash leds-cool blue(500)
5.skoda type horn(500+60(relay))
i converted my tube tyres to tube less ones, but after objections of TAIns regarding safety, today reverted back to Tube ones. I am afraid of the horn, how can i save it from damage?

cheers

Thread Starter #63

lxi.

Suspended
No. till now. on problems with the horn. it is placed exactly where the stock one was. My friend had skoda horn in his waggie which stopped working after 2 months.
I was asking for the precautions to take while washing,etc.

anyways, the horns are really nice and cool too. They are loud enough to make people fall or run when blowed from a very short distance.

There is a rattling noise coming from front left of the car. Will see to it. The area where mudflap is attached is hanging, what to do?!

Thread Starter #64

lxi.

Suspended
Re: My Car - My Maruti 800

guys. in my alto, the vipers come to action even when they are off. earlier it used to happen while blowing horn, changing gear, turn indicator, headlight on, etc. but now it happens every 2 minutes when the car is running. currenty i have removed the main wire of the vipers.what to do now?

Re: My Car - My Maruti 800

guys. in my alto, the vipers come to action even when they are off. earlier it used to happen while blowing horn, changing gear, turn indicator, headlight on, etc. but now it happens every 2 minutes when the car is running. currenty i have removed the main wire of the vipers.what to do now?
Appears to be a faulty control module (the stalk that protrudes out from under your steering that controls wiper on/off/intermittent). Get is checked at a reputed electrician. Also, you can try removing the battery -ve terminal for 10-20 mins and reconnect and then see if it cures. But this might re-set your ECU (not sure if 20 mins are enough to reset ECU). Another possibility could be a faulty wiper motor relay which too can be checked by the electrician. When your wiper turns on try using washer to see if it works fine and use horn to see if it sounds different than normal.

freakdude.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #66

lxi.

Suspended
the wipers do not work otherwise (hi,lo,int), just the washer works. the horn sounds same everytime.
i went to a local mechanic, and he said that the wiring my be bit by a mouse and it may shot, show the car to a professional electrician.

also, i enquired a new problem, when the cabin light is in door position, when the rear left door, it does not glow. it works normal with all other doors.

i feel as the car is growing older, it is giving problems, i have almost made my mind for figo LxI petrol in grey.

Here's one questoin for gurus-

Who's driving style is better,mine or dad's?
Do i need to change my driving style for better mileage?

MY DRIVING STYLE-(ex-1 to 2 gear>10kmph means that i top in the first gear till 10 kmph and then shift to second gear)

Gear1 to Gear2 > 5-10kmph (i shift at 5kmph until i am in a hurry)
Gear2 to Gear3 > 20-25kmph.
Gear3 to Gear 4 > 40kmph.
Gear4 to Gear 5 > 55kmph.

I never race the engine to much till the car starts crying.

MY DAD'S DRIVING STYLE-

Gear1 to Gear2 > 10-15kmph.
Gear2 to Gear3 > 20kmph.
Gear3 to Gear4 > 50-55kmph.
Gear4 to Gear5 > 70-80kmph.

He races the engine to high rpms.

Which is better?
Should i change my driving style?
I have done the car till 110-120kmph (which was quite scary as the car was rushing like hell and i didn't even look at the speedo, my dad told that we we were going on 120kmph
) , i did it while the car was silent didn't race the engine too much kept the rpms low and the car gained speed on the long stretch.

I think your dad is quite modest with shifting compared with my parents.

mom or dad
Gear1 to Gear2 > 10-20kmph.
Gear2 to Gear3 > 30-40kmph.
Gear3 to Gear4 > 60-80kmph.
Gear4 to Gear5 > 80-90kmph.

but on the other hand your shifting is almost same with mine but I rarely reach to 100-120, I maintain 80 the most, unless I'm in a hurry then its a different story. I easily get pissed [anger]when my parent drive the Alto because they really don't even follow my advise and didn't even pay attention to the RPM, in the end I end up with little gas at my tank compared to my driving.

Top Bottom