Maruti Alto LXi : LXi's Ownership Review!

Thread Starter #31

lxi.

Suspended
Ahh!
Bump!
Toady another brush stroke came in!
While reversing my rampyari today, saw a bentley gt continental (white colour) in Sec12 Faridabad, Kept staring at the supercar and then all i could hear after the 'vroom vroom' sound was thad. I took it too much back! :stupid:
The car bumped at the footpath and then i did not realise and took the car over it (i thought it is a stone, so tried to go upon it) :stupid:

The rear bumper has some crash marks from below, which are not that much visible from above. The bumper has come out from the sides as if a bugatti veyron (low GC cars) had rear ended me. :(

Did 110kmph today!
I think i would have to change the noisy stock JKs. Any tyre size which will go well with 12" alloys. I want that meaty rubber look, no matter what the side profile becomes.

Sad to hear that your alto got a scratch, just go for 155\70 on the stock wheels, it look as you wish. Even the handling will increase a lot..

Thread Starter #33

lxi.

Suspended
Sure, will see to it when going for a tyre change (or fittting alloys after this service). Buddy, do you know what all things the toolkit of the alto contains?

Mine is having just a thing to unscrew the tyres.

I think there is something missing as when i checked before the last service, the kit was comparatively heavy as compared to when i checked it 1 week ago.

I think the MASS guys have done some mischief here. Also at the last service, they scratched my left front rim and when i argued, they said - "saar, brake check karne hote hai na, tabhi padh gaya hoga scratch,ye to hota hi rehta hai.

And, if something is missing, can you tell me the cost of the tool kit from MASS/After market?

OK jalex! Now i understood.

first i thought that you have to drive till the petrol gets over (finished) and then note the kms and the litres of fuel :stupid:

Anyways, can you help me with some accessories for my alto.
Some low price accessories for making it look sporty without spending much.
I have decided on alloys, interior lighting(underdash blue/white), new k10 type orvms, a 1000/1100 watt subwoofer, 2 channel amplifier and fog lamps (bluish white).

Any more things to make it a more sporty thing than a small cute hatch?
And no performance or interior mods, i am not interested in them.
What colour is your car? Are the bumpers painted? Alloys and upsize tyres can do a lot of good in the looks and handling department. The Clam shell(Zen Type/K10 type) type mirrors are also a plus on looks and it also gives you a better picture of whats happening behind. Ensure you get internally adjustable MGA ones. And do upload some pictures of you car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35

lxi.

Suspended
My car is a silky silver metallic (the same colour as yours), No the bumpers are not painted, they are black With Black beading with chrome. What will be the price for the clam shell type mirrors at MGA.

Hope that will be able to perform these upgrades on the next service at MASS.

Lxi.

I have new Alto LXI and this is my first car. Is there a jack point in Alto LXI which indicates clearly where the jack slit should be placed? like in huyndai or honda vehicles?

I felt it is easy to identify a jack point in i10 rather in Alto LXI.

Welcome Sajinsv..

Jack Points : In the front you will have a bulge near the axles, and rear you will find a flat surface near the shocks.. But there are no indications as you told..

You can maintain 30 psi, as normal would be 27 psi.. Check the sticker near the driver door you will know the exact tyre pressure to be maintained.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, There is a sticker near the Front Driver side door. I think it is 30psi.

UPDATE :

Got the 4th Service Done.
It was not an overall nice experience.
But thats a funny story.
I reached MASS at 10:30am yesterday. There I got hold of a nice guy, who was bit helpful also. He asked me any problems with car, and I told him about the gearbox which vibrates all the time and the doors making noise (rear left). He noted it down and gave me a huge bill of 5400 (approx). Then I asked for Why such a huge amount? He said that we will also do engine decarbonizing. When the car was going for a wash (after 2 Swifts, 1 dzire,1 wagonR), He parked my car in front of the swift and got washed earlier :). Then polished and cleaned the interiors also, it went to the workshop (as it was written) and got out at 1 am. I refused balancing and alignment as they were charging 550 for it and i will get it done in 300 from the sardarji shop (haryana wheels and tyres ltd.). Then the bill after the discount (10% in labour charges, some Rs.92) was Rs. 4701.

Thread Starter #40

lxi.

Suspended
hi buddies! Going to get some things for my car.

I am taking 5k for the accessories. I think that this amount is ok for aftermarket accessories. No Spoiler, Painting of bumper or alloys ! But i am going to get internally adjustable ORVMS (both side) and some LED work done on the car!
Suggest some more things which can be done.
Thanks

Yes, There is a sticker near the Front Driver side door. I think it is 30psi.

UPDATE :
Got the 4th Service Done.
It was not an overall nice experience.
But thats a funny story.
I reached MASS at 10:30am yesterday. There I got hold of a nice guy, who was bit helpful also. He asked me any problems with car, and I told him about the gearbox which vibrates all the time and the doors making noise (rear left). He noted it down and gave me a huge bill of 5400 (approx). Then I asked for Why such a huge amount? He said that we will also do engine decarbonizing. When the car was going for a wash (after 2 Swifts, 1 dzire,1 wagonR), He parked my car in front of the swift and got washed earlier :). Then polished and cleaned the interiors also, it went to the workshop (as it was written) and got out at 1 am. I refused balancing and alignment as they were charging 550 for it and i will get it done in 300 from the sardarji shop (haryana wheels and tyres ltd.). Then the bill after the discount (10% in labour charges, some Rs.92) was Rs. 4701.
Congratulations for decarbonising the engine, its money well spent

It is indicated after every 20 k km. also it takes care of misfire, hesitation, Fe, unwanted vibrations. You have noticed the benefits.

Thread Starter #44

lxi.

Suspended
Nice Buddy. How is the ride quality after the tyre change?

And, Did you fit the remote that came with the pioneer HU or bought a new one?

I am having a crappy Sony HU with Remote. Can I fit it in the steering? Whats the Cost?

@lxi
I have filled the new tires with nitrogen. I think ride quality and cabin noise are much better than before. Potholes and speed brakers are handled much better.
This remote is different from the remote which came with Pioneer HU. Old one can not be fitted in the steering. I have purchased it separately from the after market. It costs me Rs.1200/-. This type of remote also has a Chinese variant which costs Rs.700/-.
One can change the volume (two buttons on the back sides), shift the folder , the tracks or can shift media i.e. CD to USB, USB to tuner etc. You can mute also. I do not know all the functions yet.[frustration]

Top Bottom