Maruti Alto LXi: Long Term Ownership Report

Thread Starter #31
Re: Alto LXi: 2.5 Years Ownership Report

@ 350Z, Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. Surely I will consider them. Such appreciations and suggestions will encourage the owners to maintain their ride in mint condition and be more passionate about motoring [thumbsup]

Re: Alto Lxi: 3 yrs Ownership report (Updated)

Ah! Finally the day has come when my black beauty can flaunt its alloys[clap]

Here are the pics -

Hi Carfreak,

Your ride looks awesome on those alloys.

I have two queries and I hope that you will shed some light on them.

1. Did you add any spacers for installation of those plati alloys? As I too had upgraded to plati alloys, but different model, and these were scraping my wheel arches and hence I removed them and back on stock rims.

2. This is regarding fog lamps. Did you change the front bumper for installation of fog lamps, as the MASS service advisor told me that they have to cut the space for the installation of fog lamps.

Warm Regards,

Ayaz Khan

Thread Starter #33
Re: Alto Lxi: 3 yrs Ownership report (Updated)

Your ride looks awesome on those alloys - Thanks [:)]

I have two queries and I hope that you will shed some light on them.

1. Did you add any spacers for installation of those plati alloys? As I too had upgraded to plati alloys, but different model, and these were scraping my wheel arches and hence I removed them and back on stock rims.

> No, I did not add any spacers when switching over to alloys. I stuck to the standard 12 inch rim size and haven faced any scrapping even with 5 people on board. Which rim size did you opt for?

2. This is regarding fog lamps. Did you change the front bumper for installation of fog lamps, as the MASS service advisor told me that they have to cut the space for the installation of fog lamps.

> Mine is a 2008 model which had a fog lamp slot in the bumper. So I had to just remove the fibre piece and install the lamp

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I opted for the 12-inch alloys, but the specification was 12 x 5 J.

Regards,
Ayaz

Oh! I should have checked the proper specifications before installing the alloys. I had opted for Plati PY 194, which are 12 x 4.5 J, but those were out of stock and so had to settle with Plati PY 712, but didnt know that it will scrape, and even the dealer said that there will be no scraping [frustration] and ended up selling them and again on stock rims, will go ahead with PY 712 then.

Anyway, thanks bro

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Thread Starter #37

Welcome dude. Check the specification properly next time. Dont go by the dealer's words.

Thread Starter #38

Hi friends time for an update -

Got my black beauty new set of shoes. Bridgestone Turanza ER-60 [thumbsup] Stock tyres were Apollo Amazer XL tube type. Have to admit that there has been an improvement in ride quality with reduced tyre noise as well. It was worth a spend. Totally satisfied [clap]

carfreak, belated congratulations for your rise's new wheels. Although the design is common these days, but they are going well with your car. And i believe yours are stock tires.

Thread Starter #40

@Akash, Hey thanks a lot. I agree the design is common but options are limited in 12 inch alloys and somehow I decided against an upsize. So i went for it as i liked this design among all others.

Sadly even when it comes to tires i think the choices are limited to an Alto right? I wish even the smaller car gets better alloy designs and tires.

Thread Starter #42

Hi guys,

My Black Beauty was pampered at 3M Car Care yesterday. Due to an ongoing construction adjacent to my office car park, there was fine paint particles deposit on the entire car's surface which was irritating me a lot [anger]. Hence, got the Exterior paint detailing done at 3M Car care. These guys did pretty good job and now the car's surface is back to glory [clap]

@Mods, Can you please help me in changing the title to "Alto Lxi: Long term ownership report". Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44

@ Surfer, Thanks. Exterior paint rejuvenation treatment for a small car is Rs.2595 + tax

OK, but what exactly they do in ' Exterior paint rejuvenatio' ?

Top Bottom