Maruti Alto LXi: Long Term Ownership Report

Thread Starter #46
Re: Alto LXi: 2.5 Years Ownership Report

In simple terms, it gives a fresh new look to old cars and removes minor scratches and scrub marks on the surface. Its about 4 hours procedure where in the car is thoroughly washed and dried first. Later various 3M car products are used like synthetic wax, paint sealant, polish etc. Am not sure of the exact 3M products name which go into the procedure. But these guys are truly professionals who know their job well. One feels secured that their car is in safe hands when with 3M people

Oh! I should have checked the proper specifications before installing the alloys. I had opted for Plati PY 194, which are 12 x 4.5 J, but those were out of stock and so had to settle with Plati PY 712, but didnt know that it will scrape, and even the dealer said that there will be no scraping [frustration] and ended up selling them and again on stock rims, will go ahead with PY 712 then.

Anyway, thanks bro

Regards,
Ayaz Khan
:offtopic:
Why did you sell the alloys? [shock] Scrapping isnt a big issue. My alto is running on 165/65-13 with rim width 5J with rear suspension spacers. Got minor cutting done to the front bumper. Now it runs clear of the wheel arches. Alto on 165 sections handles like a go-kart. simply perfect

Last edited by a moderator:

In simple terms, it gives a fresh new look to old cars and removes minor scratches and scrub marks on the surface. Its about 4 hours procedure where in the car is thoroughly washed and dried first. Later various 3M car products are used like synthetic wax, paint sealant, polish etc. Am not sure of the exact 3M products name which go into the procedure. But these guys are truly professionals who know their job well. One feels secured that their car is in safe hands when with 3M people

What a beautifully maintained car buddy[clap]
Very neat. The black colour is looking very refulgent!

Thread Starter #49
Re: Alto LXi: Long Term Ownership Report

@ shonty. Thanks a lot mate [:)] and how is Alto's ride quality with your current wheel specs?

@Mods, thanks for changing the thread title

Last edited:
Re: Alto LXi: Long Term Ownership Report

The ride quality is great. the goodyears are ok but am sure Michelin xm1+ or yokohama A-drive will be perfect. Therefore, i am considering one of them as my next set. 165 is a perfect size for the alto, wagonR, estilo, k10 or any other maruti which comes with 13inch stock wheels on 145/155 stock puny rubber IMHO[cry]

I find Alto pretty stable upto speed of 100kmph. After crossing that mark one needs to be really cautious with corners and rough patches.
I crossed 130 on my stock alto lxi once., its stable but some vibrations happens on steering and a bit scary too :)

I crossed 130 on my stock alto lxi once., its stable but some vibrations happens on steering and a bit scary too :)
Alto is very nice and handles smooth. My brother used to drive his alto from Bangalore to Kottayam in less than 8 hours. a funny side also. normally he come to kerala with friends, a new guy in the office came with them for only one trip, the next time he said that he feels safer in a train/Bus and he has booked in advance..[:)].

I have an 800, which starts shaking quite terribly at 100+ Kmph mark itself, leave alone touching the 120+ Kmph figures.

Drive Safe,
350Z
sorry for commenting late, i am not a fast driver, i only went above 100 in my 800 once, we had to reach in time for my brother's engagement in 2005. at that time it easily touched 120+ (mine is 2001DX 5 Speed). it was very stable with 4 ppl onboard and AC.

Only trouble was braking,even with power brakes i had to use a good amount of force.. not a single vibration or body roll. sad that i had to part with the car. i miss her a lot.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Hi guys,

My Black Beauty was pampered at 3M Car Care yesterday. Due to an ongoing construction adjacent to my office car park, there was fine paint particles deposit on the entire car's surface which was irritating me a lot [anger]. Hence, got the Exterior paint detailing done at 3M Car care. These guys did pretty good job and now the car's surface is back to glory
Congratulations, Your car is sparkling like new. Do you have any pictures before the job for comparison? Please also share the overall experience at 3M. Perhaps in form of a new thread? I’m positive that it will benefit many of us.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #54
Guys, after pampering my black beauty's exteriors; it was time for the interiors to get some attention. So here are the details of interior job done:
1) Floor carpet
2) New set of seat covers (hand stitched to specification)
3) New steering grip and neck rest.
4) Overall cost for the above: Rs. 4800

The above job has given a new fresh feel to the interiors and am enjoying the ride even more [drive]

Here are the pics [thumbsup]

Attachments

Guys i need some here on my wifes Alto Lxi with the head lights. I am not sure how to discribe this but let me try.
We have upgraded the headlights to 100W from normal 60 and they are best and my wife is happy driving. But, while installing so they have pushed little hard on those holders and now the headlights started to jump while driving.
Outside dome is in perfect condition but the buld holders inside jumps. We had to put some stones to hold their tight. Maruti guys say, the wholedome setup needs to be changed and thats the only fix and it costs abt 7K for the set.
Any other ways to fix this? (I hope i explained it clear).
My wife luvs this car and I dont want to spend 7k for this work.

Nice set of seat covers..[:D] Now your car interior is easy to clean !!
One more suggestion, you could put the same fabric to the door pads\inserts it would be a great combination ..[:)]

Thread Starter #58
@Varun, Hey thanks for the suggestion buddy. Yes, its lot more easier to clean now. Even fine dust particles can be removed with ease

Thread Starter #60
Yeah, the rubber mats are bit slippery on the carpet but mangeable. Will change to anti skid mats if this causes too much of an hindrance. But my ride's interior is much more easier to maintain now. [:D]

Top Bottom