Maruti Alto K10 or Chevrolet Beat?

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

After doing a long research for my first car I narrowed down my choices to K10 and Chevrolet Beat. But, both cars have advantages and disadvantages so I am really really confused.

1. Maruti K10

Pros-
Better mileage (its important but not the priority)
Big service network
Good resale value
k-series engine

Cons-
Design is not good as beat
Drive is not comfortable as beat
Width wise its quite compact
Dashboard is very outdated and same as old alto
Features are quite less than beat

2. Chevrolet Beat

Pros
Trendy design
Very good features
Comfortable driving
More width
Powerful engine (about 1200cc)

Cons
Low resale value (might be good but surely less than k10)
Low mileage than k10 (I am not sure because nobody using it in my circle)
I heard that a facelift is coming in 2013 so it will damage the resale value of current model

I will be driving mostly in city and couple of long drives on weekends. I am bending more towards Beat but I don't know if it is not going to be a problem in future due to its resale value. I am not at all sure about its mileage because I don't know how much it gives in petrol variant.

Also, I don't know if a facelift is actually coming, but rumors are floating in market with some images. I want to know if a facelift is going to hurt its resale value even more? [confused]

Re: Maruti K10 or Chevrolet Beat?

Hello Rahul,
I would suggest you to go for Maruti Alto K10 VXi which would be a VFM car.
If you are looking at Beat , my suggestion would be to go for Honda Brio which would be a much better option .

Hello All,

After doing a long research for my first car I narrowed down my choices to K10 and Chevrolet Beat. But, both cars have advantages and disadvantages so I am really really confused.

1. Maruti K10

Pros-
Better mileage (its important but not the priority)
Big service network
Good resale value
k-series engine

Cons-
Design is not good as beat
Drive is not comfortable as beat
Width wise its quite compact
Dashboard is very outdated and same as old alto
Features are quite less than beat

2. Chevrolet Beat

Pros
Trendy design
Very good features
Comfortable driving
More width
Powerful engine (about 1200cc)

Cons
Low resale value (might be good but surely less than k10)
Low mileage than k10 (I am not sure because nobody using it in my circle)
I heard that a facelift is coming in 2013 so it will damage the resale value of current model

I will be driving mostly in city and couple of long drives on weekends. I am bending more towards Beat but I don't know if it is not going to be a problem in future due to its resale value. I am not at all sure about its mileage because I don't know how much it gives in petrol variant.

Also, I don't know if a facelift is actually coming, but rumors are floating in market with some images. I want to know if a facelift is going to hurt its resale value even more? [confused]
Rahul: What is your budget? I think the K10 and Beat are different segments altogether.

K10 is a very safe option. If it satisfies your needs go for it. Repairable anywhere, low maintenance, even after 5 years of use - you will be able to sell easily within a weeks time.
Beat is as you have said more trendy, better equipment levels and better comfortable ride. If you take the CPCO offer, you are covered for first 3 years. Even after that you will be tied to the ASS, but from my experience maintenance cost would not be much. However not a quick sell as K10.

So decide based on your requirement.

Thread Starter #4

Rahul: What is your budget? I think the K10 and Beat are different segments altogether.

K10 is a very safe option. If it satisfies your needs go for it. Repairable anywhere, low maintenance, even after 5 years of use - you will be able to sell easily within a weeks time.
Beat is as you have said more trendy, better equipment levels and better comfortable ride. If you take the CPCO offer, you are covered for first 3 years. Even after that you will be tied to the ASS, but from my experience maintenance cost would not be much. However not a quick sell as K10.

So decide based on your requirement.
chayan: My budget is between 3.5 to 4 lakhs but I have no problem in opting for LS variant because it is still better in features than k10. CPCO may cost me more but I will think about opting for it, my local mechanic told me that service cost is quite same for both cars.

This is my first car so I want to keep it for about 3-4 years. I am already driving alto-lx of my friend so alto k10 making me feel bored and top of that its interiors are completely similar to alto.

Do you think that I will get low resale value than k10?

This is my first car so I want to keep it for about 3-4 years. I am already driving alto-lx of my friend so alto k10 making me feel bored and top of that its interiors are completely similar to alto.

I hope you are driving the 800cc Alto now. But the K10 would surely put a smile on your face while you are driving it.
But if you are so particular of owning a hatch from another manufacturer do have a look at Brio.
Regarding the resale value Maruti badged cars have a particular value in the Indian society and are on the higher side when compared to other manufacturers.

Thread Starter #6

I hope you are driving the 800cc Alto now. But the K10 would surely put a smile on your face while you are driving it.
But if you are so particular of owning a hatch from another manufacturer do have a look at Brio.
Regarding the resale value Maruti badged cars have a particular value in the Indian society and are on the higher side when compared to other manufacturers.
Yes, I am driving 800cc and after taking test drive of k10 I did felt the difference but only in the ride and power. Whenever I look inside the car, it makes me feel like I am driving alto again.

About brio, I don't like its design and softness. Its a tiny car and looks really sensitive. No doubt about its features and engine but its a tiny hatch (IMO).

Rahul,

Think of buying Brio if its fit in your budget, believe it is wonderful car

and if not check Estilo or Wagon R offered with good discounts these days and very comfortable with good FE and cheap maintenance.

Thread Starter #8

Rahul,

Think of buying Brio if its fit in your budget, believe it is wonderful car

and if not check Estilo or Wagon R offered with good discounts these days and very comfortable with good FE and cheap maintenance.
I am not willing to opt for any other car because I am a youngster and I am not going to use my car as a family car. Estile and wagon R are out of my consideration from the day 1 of their release.

With alloys and little modifications Alto k10 and Beat look really good. So, I am trying to opt for between one of them.

Fine Rahul,

Your requirement and selection was(is) unclear to me, so out of this two you can opt for Beat[:)]

Thread Starter #10

Fine Rahul,

Your requirement and selection was(is) unclear to me, so out of this two you can opt for Beat[:)]
Thanks Gurrala74 :)

Do you think that new beat facelift will hurt the resale value of current model in next 3-4 years? I have no update on release date of facelift otherwise I would love to wait for it.

A true fact is that as on today Chevrolet cars would not give you a decent resale and bit hard to sell

There is no confirmed news of any facelift of Beat as it is not too old in the market

3-4 years from now, the market will be filled with new cars like mad, so it is tough to say that which car will give you a good resale

So focus more on your liking, driving pleasure, FE, maintenance to conclude your decision[:)]

Last edited:

chayan: My budget is between 3.5 to 4 lakhs but I have no problem in opting for LS variant because it is still better in features than k10. CPCO may cost me more but I will think about opting for it, my local mechanic told me that service cost is quite same for both cars.

Yes, CPCO offer makes lot of sense. From my personal experience it is worth every rupee. After 3 years, depend upon your local mechanic.

After 3-4 years, you will probably get the same resale value as K10. However it would not be a quick resale. You will have to wait a little.

The 2013 model of Spark (Beat) has been recently launched in US. Will not come to India till latter part of 2013. So don't worry on that part.

Also you will have lot of fun accessorising the Beat. Just search on ebay.com and you will find lots of ways to jazz up your ride, something that I think you will like given your age.[evil]

i would suggest you to be a little flexible and wait for the new alto 800, it has killer looks and more safety features than any other in its class.

http://www.marutisuzukialto800.com/

As per reports, the following could be the main highlights of the car

Car Variant: The car will come in six variants—three in CNG and three in Petrol.

Mileage: Petrol variant expected to give a mileage of approximately 23 kilometre per litre while the CNG version will give a mileage of around approximately 31 kilometre per litre.

Interiors: Fashionable and trendy, the car with stylish headlamps, better headroom and legroom.

Colours: The car will come in six vibrant colours.

Price: The petrol version is likely to be priced between Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs 3 lakh while the CNG version will be priced between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 3.5 lakh.

worth a look i might say. launch date is October 16.

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/316560,maruti-alto-800-test-drive-and-review.aspx

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
i would suggest you to be a little flexible and wait for the new alto 800, it has killer looks and more safety features than any other in its class.

http://www.marutisuzukialto800.com/

As per reports, the following could be the main highlights of the car

Car Variant: The car will come in six variants—three in CNG and three in Petrol.

Mileage: Petrol variant expected to give a mileage of approximately 23 kilometre per litre while the CNG version will give a mileage of around approximately 31 kilometre per litre.

Interiors: Fashionable and trendy, the car with stylish headlamps, better headroom and legroom.

Colours: The car will come in six vibrant colours.

Price: The petrol version is likely to be priced between Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs 3 lakh while the CNG version will be priced between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 3.5 lakh.

worth a look i might say. launch date is October 16.

Maruti Alto 800 test drive and review | Review | Autocar India
In term of looks, this car is nowhere around beat. There is no aggressiveness, it looks like a tiny family car like Maruti 800. There might be some good interior work as I saw in some leaked pics couple of weeks back but still, beat is way ahead.

I am not confused because of looks and style of both cars because I know that beat is way ahead. But, I am confused due to some factors which I mentioned in pros and cons of my post.

Hi Rahul,

I own a K10 and am very happy with mileage. 16 in cities and 18-21 on highways both without AC. But ya you get bored of it when it doesnt give enough power after AC is switched on.
Beat is a good car but the resale values on chevy cars are very low. You can get optra's and aveos for 2.5 to 3 lakhs in bangalore. Beat is a good car but u can get better ones in 1.2 liter segment.

I suggest u go for Honda Brio, a quiet powerful car. But if you want something from Maruti then Ritz is an amazing option too. The more money you put in a car the better everything is. Brio or Ritz will be quiet good when compared to Beat or K10. Both are sporty looking and will be suitable for your needs.[:)]

Top Bottom