Maruti A-Star Automatic “Guess the Price”, Now Launched @ Rs.4.52 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Now Launched.

Maruti Suzuki India Limited has now officially launched the A-star automatic at premium of about Rs.50,000 over regular Manual Gearbox making it Rs.4,52,335 (Ex. Showoom Mumbai). The A/T version is currently available only in VXi variant and according to ARAI, Expected mileage is 17 Kpl.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I believe the AT version has ABS and Airbags. The fuel efficiency is quite decent considering the fact that its an auto version.

^^ Nope. VXi ABS without Airbags. [frustration]
Thats disappointing. The Airbags should have been there atleast as an option. I wonder why manufacturers compromise with safety features to reduce the costs. AFAIK Hyundai i10 AT comes loaded with airbags and ABS.

okay airbags is safety feature but people buying A-star will buy it because it has Automatic not airbags! that will be important factor for them and i hope this will also improve sales of astar!! price looks ok to me but what is cost of i10 automatic?

okay airbags is safety feature but people buying A-star will buy it because it has Automatic not airbags! that will be important factor for them and i hope this will also improve sales of astar!! price looks ok to me but what is cost of i10 automatic?
Hyundai i10 Magna AT 1.2 Kappa 4,74,727
If you want ABS (+2 Airbags)
Hyundai i10 Asta AT 1.2 Kappa 5,79,342
*Ex-Showroom Mumbai

Oh so Hyundai is going to lose here? I don think so , the i10 is a notch above A-star overall IMO.

Though the pricing of the A-star auto is decent and lets see if our ladies can improve its sales!

Oh so Hyundai is going to lose here? I don think so , the i10 is a notch above A-star overall IMO.

Though the pricing of the A-star auto is decent and lets see if our ladies can improve its sales!
i10 is any day better than A-Star in IMO too. However, looks and affordability depends upon individuals.

People who needed an Auto Box, and could've gone in WagonR/Santro AT if they were still in production, and sadly were not able to afford the i10, would have, to my understanding
1.Some of them would have not bought an auto at all, and would've adjusted with an MT.
2.Some of the others could have upped their budget and gone in for the i10 AT.
3. The rest might have Gone to the used market for a used Santro/Esteem/WagonR AT.

My conclusions about what these kind of people are going to do now-
People under 1. :
Buy the A-star
People under 2. :
Buy either the A-star if it appeals to them, or up their budget and go in for the i10AT for better interiors and such.
People under 3:
Buy the A-Star, or if the interior space is unbearable, search in the used market.

Alternatively, some of those who can afford the i10 AT might go in for the A-star instead, especially if they are a couple or small family of say 3, in order to save their money.

So One might be able to see a decrease, either slight or phenomenal, in the i10 AT's sales. Let's wait and see.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hyundai might re-introduce the Santro AT or introduce the i10 1.1 AT. But that might just end up as a lame attempt.

Hyundai i10 Magna AT 1.2 Kappa 4,74,727
If you want ABS (+2 Airbags)
Hyundai i10 Asta AT 1.2 Kappa 5,79,342
*Ex-Showroom Mumbai
thanks for posting. i think price diff. is not much and makes i10 worth it all in all. only feature customer has to compromise is with ABS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom