Maruti 800 With DIY Performance Air filter

Yes,
*Air fuel Ratio
*Stoichiometric Air Fuel Ratio
*Stoichiometric Combustion Ratio or even Stoichiometric Combustion
These things definitely make sense, but where can you see the usage of this term "Combustion Ratio" in IC engines?, I think even he cant find any.
He is just trying to change his mistake from compression to combustion.( I wont believe until I find it anywhere, because he changes his words every now and then)

Here whats the "WORST CASE" you are talking about? Is it Under the "EXTREME WORST DRIVING"(including prolonged Redlining) or the worst case scenerio which comes under the "NORMAL DRIVING CONDITION"(which includes a normal top speed of 80-120kmph)? I request you to make this clear and also share the source for this 10:1AFR.

*If it is "Under normal driving condition" and you find your AFR goes to 10, then you must change your O2 sensor.
*Or else you are mentioning to the"Extreme condition" then this is not applicable for us.

Do you remember what you said before? Quoting your previous post

Its very evident you are trying your best to cheat us for just not admitting your mistakes.
What is this man? earlier you said "an average petrol engine uses a ratio of 10:1" and now you are saying "10:1 is a worst case scenario"

What he encountered is the term "Stoichiometric Combustion Ratios". Please dont say "Combustion Ratios=Stoichiometric Combustion Ratios"
IF you are damn sure about the existence of the term Combustion Ratio then please show me a couple of links. I'm sure, most probable you will say "You can believe it or not. Anyways I don't have time to prove it to you".

Ya its not difficult to read. and Quoting is also not necessary in the case of normal writings.
But when it comes to questing about the mistakes, its will be difficult to understand to what you are talking about. Even your two different post on same topic itself wont have any consistency. just like compression and combustion.
As previously stated, it is engineer's shorthand. That means it is an unofficial term that we use to make our lives a bit easier.

The basis of this worst case scenario was also stated in the previous post, read it carefully and you will see it. Writing "Average petrol engine" was a mistake, I should have guessed it would have cause confusion.

The world doesn't live on the internet, which is something understood only after years spent in the field!

Go ahead, search for consistency taking my corrections into account, you won't find any flaws, because science doesn't change.

As previously stated, it is engineer's shorthand. That means it is an unofficial term that we use to make our lives a bit easier.
LOL[lol]
Please stop saying nonsense that its engineer's shorthand. Don't spoil the value of an engineer.[frustration]
1)No REAL ENGINEERS will use unofficial terms in their official matters.
2)No REAL ENGINEERS will use COMBUSTION RATIO instead of "afr ratio" for making their lives easier even in unofficial matters.
3)Even if any careless engineer used it you cant say because of that reason we can use it as an "engineer's" shorthand.
Viru, your explanations about Combustion Ratio is enough, I have no more doubts in it.

The basis of this worst case scenario was also stated in the previous post, read it carefully and you will see it. Writing "Average petrol engine" was a mistake, I should have guessed it would have cause confusion.
Looks like you gave a well explanations in your previous post. If that was the case then why should I ask you? "Is it Under the "EXTREME WORST DRIVING"(including prolonged Redlining) or the worst case scenerio which comes under the "NORMAL DRIVING CONDITION"(which includes a normal top speed of 80-120kmph)?"
If you cant answer to this very specific question then this shows your inefficiency. because you know it well if you answer to this then your statement will have no longer any value.
This is what I said, you say entirely two different things in two different posts about the same topic.
When we encounter those mistakes, you will try your best to make something lik typo mistakes/confusing etc without admitting what you have said is wrong.

The world doesn't live on the internet, which is something understood only after years spent in the field!
LOL.,Thats how you must have known 0W-20 MGO is specifically made for UK and ITALY and not for INDIA.[lol]
World doesn't live on internet. I agree but that doesn't mean what ever in Internet is worthless/fake isn't. So no need of that statement over here.

You cant quote my words when questing my mistakes. and
You cant answer to my questions which is well specific.

Then please stop saying your statement holds PERFECTION. Because this is the sign of "ESCAPISM"

Last edited:
LOL[lol]
Please stop saying nonsense that its engineer's shorthand. Don't spoil the value of an engineer.[frustration]
1)No REAL ENGINEERS will use unofficial terms in their official matters.
2)No REAL ENGINEERS will use COMBUSTION RATIO instead of "afr ratio" for making their lives easier even in unofficial matters.
3)Even if any careless engineer used it you cant say because of that reason we can use it as an "engineer's" shorthand.
Viru, your explanations about Combustion Ratio is enough, I have no more doubts in it.

Looks like you gave a well explanations in your previous post. If that was the case then why should I ask you? "Is it Under the "EXTREME WORST DRIVING"(including prolonged Redlining) or the worst case scenerio which comes under the "NORMAL DRIVING CONDITION"(which includes a normal top speed of 80-120kmph)?"
If you cant answer to this very specific question then this shows your inefficiency. because you know it well if you answer to this then your statement will have no longer any value.
This is what I said, you say entirely two different things in two different posts about the same topic.
When we encounter those mistakes, you will try your best to make something lik typo mistakes/confusing etc without admitting what you have said is wrong.

LOL.,Thats how you must have known 0W-20 MGO is specifically made for UK and ITALY and not for INDIA.[lol]
World doesn't live on internet. I agree but that doesn't mean what ever in Internet is worthless/fake isn't. So no need of that statement over here.

You cant quote my words when questing my mistakes. and
You cant answer to my questions which is well specific.

Then please stop saying your statement holds PERFECTION. Because this is the sign of "ESCAPISM"
Neither is this an official matter nor do you understand what "Shorthand" is. Shorthand IN THIS CONTEXT is an unofficial word we use to make our lives easier. You really are not in a position to comment on this, not having become an engineer yet there's much to discover by the time you leave college!

This scenario is only considering mechanicals, not driving style. In your own words "I cannot be responsible for what you don't understand"

I knew 0W20 is not for India by having car-ownership and maintenance experiences in countries with different climates. As compared to someone who would rather just read off a few links from the internet to seem smart.

That statement holds a lot of weight here, where we find a school student with solely classroom knowledge trying to contradict somebody who has already acquired that knowledge and used it for years in the real world.

I am certain we have reached a point where the knowledge being used is the kind that will be taught to you at a college-level. Hence this discussion will only continue to drift off-topic.

As a fellow engineer, SPELLBOUND is well capable of understanding the points put forward by me.

Feel free to continue this thread after completing your education!

Last edited:
Neither is this an official matter nor do you understand what "Shorthand" is. Shorthand IN THIS CONTEXT is an unofficial word we use to make our lives easier.
1)No engineers relate "COMBUSTION RATIO" with "AIR-FUEL RATIO"
2)Shorthand is writing method that increases SPEED and BREVITY of writing as compared to a normal method of writing a language.
How "COMBUSTION RATIO" can be used easier than "AFR" ?
Now you may say, this meaningless "COMBUSTION RATIO" is far more easier than "AFR" or even "AirFuel Ratio" for you. isn't it.? Brother, please don''t make me laugh any more. Do you think TAI members are fools?[frustration]
One more proof. Your Combustion Ratio contains 15letters where as Air fuel Ratio is 12 and AFR is just 3. Now decide yourself is that a shorthand or a longhand.

You really are not in a position to comment on this, not having become an engineer yet there's much to discover by the time you leave college!
I completed my Engg in 2012 and now I'm in to my engg in voip.[clap]
Viru, this attitude is wrong. Don't judge people with their educational qualification. Some of the Worlds most successful people even in engineering fields, dont have their bachelor degree.[:)]
I dont mind accepting my "mistakes" even if it is pointed out by a KID.

This scenario is only considering mechanicals, not driving style. In your own words "I cannot be responsible for what you don't understand"
Can you please explain about this "10:1 AFR MECHANICAL Scenario which doesn't depends upon driving styles", because this is really strange and special. I believe there are no threads in TAI about this scenario and also I think there wont be anybody over here who are aware about this.
So It will be really worth and really thankful.

I knew 0W20 is not for India by having car-ownership and maintenance experiences in countries with different climates. As compared to someone who would rather just read off a few links from the internet to seem smart.
haha this is the answer for the mistake you got with the presence of 0w-20MGO in INDIA? I must say your real life experiences was not enough for the knowledge of the "presence of 0w-20MGO in INDIA". (Dont get confused, I'm repeating it again, what I said is about the "presence of 0w-20MGO in INDIA")

That statement holds a lot of weight here, where we find a school student with solely classroom knowledge trying to contradict somebody who has already acquired that knowledge and used it for years in the real world.
Real world expereiences is faaar more better than the knowledge getting from a class room. I have no objection for it.
But my question is, how can you be sure that all STUDENTS's knowledge is highly restricted to classrooms??? Very bad.
There are students who found amazing scientific technologies which even shocked those experienced scientists with years of real world knowledges and resources.
So don't underestimate the intelligence and knowledge of every STUDENTS.

As a fellow engineer, SPELLBOUND is well capable of understanding the points put forward by me.
Haha, to which you are referring to?
"sucking in hot air it might actually reduce performance" If this is what you are referring to then even I'm also agreeing to it.
And about the Combustion ratio. Mr.Spellbound was referring to "Stoichiometric Combustion ratio" and please don't say that is equal to Combustion ratio.

Feel free to continue this thread after completing your education!
As I already said I have completed my Engg in 2012.
You may not be an extra ordinary student(I'm too) but please dont generalise the knowledge of students. I have seen any kids with extra ordinary intelligence and knowledge.
I never thought you are such a pessimistic person.
You can say What I said is nonsense or even I'm a fool, but please stop generalizing the ability of a person/STUDENT with their qualifications.

Last edited:
1)No engineers relate "COMBUSTION RATIO" with "AIR-FUEL RATIO"
2)Shorthand is writing method that increases SPEED and BREVITY of writing as compared to a normal method of writing a language.
How "COMBUSTION RATIO" can be used easier than "AFR" ?
Now you may say, this meaningless "COMBUSTION RATIO" is far more easier than "AFR" or even "AirFuel Ratio" for you. isn't it.? Brother, please don''t make me laugh any more. Do you think TAI members are fools?
One more proof. Your Combustion Ratio contains 15letters where as Air fuel Ratio is 12 and AFR is just 3. Now decide yourself is that a shorthand or a longhand.

I completed my Engg in 2012 and now I'm in to my engg in voip.
Viru, this attitude is wrong. Don't judge people with their educational qualification. Some of the Worlds most successful people even in engineering fields, dont have their bachelor degree.
I dont mind accepting my "mistakes" even if it is pointed out by a KID.

Can you please explain about this "10:1 AFR MECHANICAL Scenario which doesn't depends upon driving styles", because this is really strange and special. I believe there are no threads in TAI about this scenario and also I think there wont be anybody over here who are aware about this.
So It will be really worth and really thankful.

haha this is the answer for the mistake you got with the presence of 0w-20MGO in INDIA? I must say your real life experiences was not enough for the knowledge of the "presence of 0w-20MGO in INDIA". (Dont get confused, I'm repeating it again, what I said is about the "presence of 0w-20MGO in INDIA")

Real world expereiences is faaar more better than the knowledge getting from a class room. I have no objection for it.
But my question is, how can you be sure that all STUDENTS's knowledge is highly restricted to classrooms??? Very bad.
There are students who found amazing scientific technologies which even shocked those experienced scientists with years of real world knowledges and resources.
So don't underestimate the intelligence and knowledge of every STUDENTS.

Haha, to which you are referring to?
"sucking in hot air it might actually reduce performance" If this is what you are referring to then even I'm also agreeing to it.
And about the Combustion ratio. Mr.Spellbound was referring to "Stoichiometric Combustion ratio" and please don't say that is equal to Combustion ratio.

As I already said I have completed my Engg in 2012.
You may not be an extra ordinary student(I'm too) but please dont generalise the knowledge of students. I have seen any kids with extra ordinary intelligence and knowledge.
I never thought you are such a pessimistic person.
You can say What I said is nonsense or even I'm a fool, but please stop generalizing the ability of a person/STUDENT with their qualifications.
The ease of use of a term is not just based on the number of letters, but the formation of recognizable letter patterns within the term.
To give you a very simple example: Which can you type faster, "axngp" or "engineer".
This is down to psychology, which is very OT here.

If you went into a field related to mechanics, you would encounter this term on the job.

That's not the point, the point is that there are many things you will learn when you finally leave college and start applying the knowledge you would have gained by then.
Also, I understand that you are enjoying talking tough on the internet calling me a 'kid'. Enjoy it, these are things you will never be able to do away from your computer screen.

There are plenty of threads about this in college syllabi, maybe you can take a course and learn about it [;)]

I sympathize that you don't want to openly admit your misstatement regarding the 0W20 engine oil, so I will let this one slide.

I was a student myself not very long ago, so I am well aware of the extent of real-world application involved. As thousands of people will know, knowledge acquired while pursuing a degree is very theoretical compared to what is used after the degree has been gained.

I will forgive your ignorance on the matter, it is not something to be embarrassed about, considering you have studied to be a computer engineer.

Through the course of my life, I have never generalized a group of people. My statements in this thread were based on your previous posts and your previous posts only.

No where you gave a well explanations for this "an average petrol engine uses a compression ratio of 10:1 (10 units of air to 1 unit of fuel)" and this "10:1 combustion ratio is a MECHANICAL Scenario which doesn't even depends upon driving styles" statements.

Instead of just leaving it, I request you to give explanations for it.

To give you a very simple example: Which can you type faster, "axngp" or "engineer".
This is down to psychology, which is very OT here.
So here you are saying your psychology dont have the ability to process this AFR and You feel it as a meaningless "AXNGP" string. LOL
Even though tiger is the largest CAT species, its wrong to call a baby tiger as just "KITTEN"
Air fuel Ratio is that much strange to you? How can you feel its easy for you to type "COMBUSTION RATIO" faster than "AFR"? and others to recognize this non-standard word as AFR?

If you went into a field related to mechanics, you would encounter this term on the job.
"COMBUSTION RATIO" is not used anywhere in the IC engines.[frustration]
I have talked to many people you are working related to IC engines everybody said they never use "combustion ratio" for describing AFR.

Also, I understand that you are enjoying talking tough on the internet calling me a 'kid'. Enjoy it, these are things you will never be able to do away from your computer screen.
Did I call you a KID in my previous post?
No bro, no need to be infront of a computer screen because I dont have separate way of behavior for it.
But I really feel he/she is childish when they REPEATEDLY talk to me in such a way that they feel extremely difficult to admit their mistakes. Because usually kids never admit their mistakes so easily.

I sympathize that you don't want to openly admit your misstatement regarding the 0W20 engine oil, so I will let this one slide.
Heights of childishness.
What was my mistakes regarding 0w-20?
Repeating it for the readers
*"TOTAL 0w-20MGO" is available in India. (I confirmed by contacting TOTAL)
*It is also recommended by the MARUTI to use it in my region( I confirmed it by contacting MARUTI)

Other than this what did I say? I didn't even say 0W-20 is PERFECT for our climate, DID I ?. Its you the one who dont admit these statements. DISGUISING
If you are a MAN, then instead of just saying, be specific by quoting those lines where I said mistakes.[frustration] Without that all you can do is ESCAPISM and to confuse the readers.

I will forgive your ignorance on the matter, it is not something to be embarrassed about, considering you have studied to be a computer engineer.
Seriously my aim is not to get your forgiveness. If you encounter any mistakes in what I said, then please please point it out and correct it. Thats why we are here in these automotive forums.

Last edited:
No where you gave a well explanations for this "an average petrol engine uses a compression ratio of 10:1 (10 units of air to 1 unit of fuel)" and this "10:1 combustion ratio is a MECHANICAL Scenario which doesn't even depends upon driving styles" statements.

Instead of just leaving it, I request you to give explanations for it.

So here you are saying your psychology dont have the ability to process this AFR and You feel it as a meaningless "AXNGP" string. LOL
Even though tiger is the largest CAT species, its wrong to call a baby tiger as just "KITTEN"
Air fuel Ratio is that much strange to you? How can you feel its easy for you to type "COMBUSTION RATIO" faster than "AFR"? and others to recognize this non-standard word as AFR?

"COMBUSTION RATIO" is not used anywhere in the IC engines.[frustration]
I have talked to many people you are working related to IC engines everybody said they never use "combustion ratio" for describing AFR.

Did I call you a KID in my previous post?
No bro, no need to be infront of a computer screen because I dont have separate way of behavior for it.
But I really feel he/she is childish when they REPEATEDLY talk to me in such a way that they feel extremely difficult to admit their mistakes. Because usually kids never admit their mistakes so easily.

Heights of childishness.
What was my mistakes regarding 0w-20?
Repeating it for the readers
*"TOTAL 0w-20MGO" is available in India. (I confirmed by contacting TOTAL)
*It is also recommended by the MARUTI to use it in my region( I confirmed it by contacting MARUTI)

Other than this what did I say? I didn't even say 0W-20 is PERFECT for our climate, DID I ?. Its you the one who dont admit these statements. DISGUISING
If you are a MAN, then instead of just saying, be specific by quoting those lines where I said mistakes.[frustration] Without that all you can do is ESCAPISM and to confuse the readers.

Seriously my aim is not to get your forgiveness. If you encounter any mistakes in what I said, then please please point it out and correct it. Thats why we are here in these automotive forums.
Already explained that. This just proves how little of my previous posts you are reading.

It is common sense that "AFR" is not recognized by anyone's mind a recognizable character pattern, simply because most abbreviations aren't. To simplify it further, you will find the string "afr" in very few commonly used words.

Anybody working in this field would have used this term, so I'm skeptical about that.

That's cute. I know how college makes you feel like you know everything in the known universe off the top of your head, but maybe you should review your own comments.

As previously implied, if you want to turn every argument you lose into a grudge match, it's hardly in my interests to continue.

The answers to all of your questions are in previous posts, no need to clutter threads with your refusal to read.

You don't have to ask for forgiveness, because you already have my sympathy.

If you have anything further which is relevant to this thread, I will be waiting. If you want to vent your anger or talk about immaturity, feel free to send me a private message.

This is officially off topic.

Already explained that. This just proves how little of my previous posts you are reading.
No more doubts, now everything is well explained[clap]

It is common sense that "AFR" is not recognized by anyone's mind a recognizable character pattern, simply because most abbreviations aren't. To simplify it further, you will find the string "afr" in very few commonly used words.
Thanks for letting me know "COMBUSTION RATIO" is widely used in IC engines instead of Air-Fuel Ratio/AFR.[clap]

I have no more questions to you. thanks for sharing your valuable time.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I think this is the best Thread to post my Doubts that related to air Filter,
My car using both petrol and gas(LPG). i prefer gas for most of the journey. The doubt related to the air filter of my car is that Air filter is closed. i noticed it when buy this car from the first user. my car gives less acceleration and one of my friend tell's that this is not the actual performance(in terms of acceleration) that a esteem gives.

whats i do. if any problem behind when i removing the closing material from filter (with LPG).? how it suck air now.?

The Image Links are follows

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/attachments/technical-zone/130608d1396168715-maruti-esteem-air-filter-closed-camhd360d0050.jpg

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/attachments/technical-zone/130609d1396168715-maruti-esteem-air-filter-closed-camhd360d0049.jpg

Hi!

This is a crude technique used by some mechanics to adjust air:fuel ratio for LPG mode. This can adversely affect performance in petrol mode.

You should take your car to a knowledgeable mechanic who is experienced with LPG cars to find a more professional solution to the problem. This could include ECU adjustments.

Top Bottom