Maruti 800 With DIY Performance Air filter

I meant combustion ratio, I was half asleep so don't judge me. But anyways, if we ignore my embarassing faux pas, the remainder of my statement is still correct! [;)]
You were half asleep even when correcting and questioning my mistakes? Next time onwards when you feel sleepy its better to take a nap instead of repeating this. Okay As you said I ignored.
But tell me what correctness are you talking about? See the next quote

Sorry to be blunt, but that is the most convoluted and misinformed statement ever! How can it be possible for an engine to be more efficient at a lower compression ratio?
What do you mean by this "LOWER COMPRESSION RATIO"?
Tell me, according to you how does that compression ratio gets LOWER with the addition of a WAI??? Or else Do you mean 10:1 CR of a gasoline engine is such a lower CR value??? [surprise]
In both cases you are wrong with this compression ratio.[frustration]

Viru, wake up man wake up. You are making lots of mistakes by being "half asleep".
Listen, Compression ratio is altered by changing the internal components of the engine like pistons, piston rods etc. and not by the CAI/WAI intake systems.
A handy formula to keep in your mind:-
CR=(swept volume+combustion chamber volume at TDC) / (combustion chamber volume at TDC)
Viru, I wont tell you to believe me blindly, but instead of rejecting it completely do some investigation about it. Seriously you must read of CR.

Before I had a .1% of hope, now its 100% sure you wont understand :D

As I said before,
If you encounter any mistakes/doubts in what I have said, then question me only after quoting those lines.
Or else its difficult for me to answer. Be specific and you will get the best reply for it.

Dear Viru, If you can prove me what I said is wrong, then I will be very thankful towards you. I don't feel any bit of shame to accept my mistakes if I had any. But be sure what you are saying is a valid point and it should definitely make some sense.

Last edited:
You were half asleep even when correcting and questioning my mistakes? Next time onwards when you feel sleepy its better to take a nap instead of repeating this. Okay As you said I ignored.
But tell me what correctness are you talking about? See the next quote

What do you mean by this "LOWER COMPRESSION RATIO"?
Tell me, according to you how does that compression ratio gets LOWER with the addition of a WAI??? Or else Do you mean 10:1 CR of a gasoline engine is such a lower CR value??? [surprise]
In both cases you are wrong with this compression ratio.[frustration]

Viru, wake up man wake up. You are making lots of mistakes by being "half asleep".
Listen, Compression ratio is altered by changing the internal components of the engine like pistons, piston rods etc. and not by the CAI/WAI intake systems.
A handy formula to keep in your mind:-
CR=(swept volume+combustion chamber volume at TDC) / (combustion chamber volume at TDC)
Viru, I wont tell you to believe me blindly, but instead of rejecting it completely do some investigation about it. Seriously you must read of CR.

Before I had a .1% of hope, now its 100% sure you wont understand :D

As I said before,
If you encounter any mistakes/doubts in what I have said, then question me only after quoting those lines.
Or else its difficult for me to answer. Be specific and you will get the best reply for it.

Dear Viru, If you can prove me what I said is wrong, then I will be very thankful towards you. I don't feel any bit of shame to accept my mistakes if I had any. But be sure what you are saying is a valid point and it should definitely make some sense.
As mentioned in my previous post, I was talking about "Combustion ratio". Don't get egoistic, I'm being nice because you're still young.

Adding a warm air intake WILL decrease the combustion ratio (Combustion ratio is engineering shorthand for air:fuel ratio).

Some of us have work to do other than quoting lines, so if you think your previous statements hold accuracy, feel free to cross-examine what I have written in my previous post, which is still 100% correct.

I am waiting for you to read and ask further questions so I can answer them. Good luck!

Thread Starter #18

"combustion chamber volume at TDC" its better to say Clearance volume Vc

Thread Starter #19
Viru

Adding a warm air intake WILL decrease the combustion ratio (Combustion ratio is engineering shorthand for air:fuel ratio).

this is a great joke dude you still don't know what is the difference between compression ratio and air fuel ratio.

compression ratio: is the ratio of the total cylinder volume when the piston is at BDC (Bottom Dead Center) to the clearance volume Vc

air fuel ratio: is the mass ratio of air to fuel present in an internal combustion engine Gasoline/petrol has a Stoichiometric ratio of 14:1

And this image for your reference
fig0225.gif

Last edited:
Viru

this is a great joke dude you still don't know what is the difference between compression ratio and air fuel ratio.

compression ratio: is the ratio of the total cylinder volume when the piston is at BDC (Bottom Dead Center) to the clearance volume Vc

air fuel ratio: is the mass ratio of air to fuel present in an internal combustion engine Gasoline/petrol has a Stoichiometric ratio of 14:1

And this image for your reference
View attachment 127987
I know what COMPRESSION ratio is, I said COMBUSTION ratio (For us engineers that is shorthand for AFR). COMBUSTION and COMPRESSION ratios are different things altogether.

Please read it more carefully before objecting.

FYI, ideal AFR is 14.75:1.

Thread Starter #23
I know what COMPRESSION ratio is, I said COMBUSTION ratio (For us engineers that is shorthand for AFR). COMBUSTION and COMPRESSION ratios are different things altogether.

Please read it more carefully before objecting.

FYI, ideal AFR is 14.75:1.
Dude me too an engineer(Automotive) and i never heard that compression ratio is shorted to AFR

As mentioned in my previous post, I was talking about "Combustion ratio". Don't get egoistic, I'm being nice because you're still young.

Some of us have work to do other than quoting lines, so if you think your previous statements hold accuracy, feel free to cross-examine what I have written in my previous post, which is still 100% correct.

I am waiting for you to read and ask further questions so I can answer them. Good luck!
Okay. Thanks for being nice[:)](Seriously no sarcasm) and sorry If my words were rude.

"Sorry to be blunt, but that is the most convoluted and misinformed statement ever! How can it be possible for an engine to be more efficient at a lower compression ratio?"

"To elaborate: Warm air is less dense than cold air. When this less dense air is volumetrically injected into the combustion chamber, it means that there is less Oxygen available for the combustion of the fuel. This leads to a less complete combustion for a given amount of fuel (ie. a given throttle position), reducing not only the output of the engine, but the fuel efficiency as well! To put this into perspective, an average petrol engine uses a compression ratio of 10:1 (10 units of air to 1 unit of fuel)."
*If you mean "combustion ratio" then why did you say an average petrol engine uses 10:1?
*It is very visible that you have used both the terms combustion and compression and you have also elaborated this compression ratio by saying "10:1, 10 units air, 1 unit fuel" So seriously I cant admit it as a spelling mistake by being sleepy. Since here the whole sentence is wrong.

No where I read about "COMBUSTION RATIO" may be my ignorance. Can you please give me its definition for it?( like what I gave for compression ratio).

I belongs to Computer Science Engg so we do only have a single PAPER called "Basic mechanical Engineering" that too in our 1st year for knowing about these kinds of things. But still I never heard about this term "Combustion ratio" relating to the AFR.

Okay., I will examine it.
If you are busy then its okay, you just need to say you are little busy.
But Viru, the above statement is a bit insulting towards the people you find their hard time for quoting up those posts for making it specific and easier for the readers.
I ask you to quote Why because if you can show me the lines to which you need explanation, then I just need to do a lil elaboration to what I have already said.

Anyways, since you are busy I wil do it for you.

*If you mean "combustion ratio" then why did you say an average petrol engine uses 10:1?
*It is very visible that you have used both the terms combustion and compression and you have also elaborated this compression ratio by saying "10:1, 10 units air, 1 unit fuel" So seriously I cant admit it as a spelling mistake by being sleepy. Since here the whole sentence is wrong.

No where I read about "COMBUSTION RATIO" may be my ignorance. Can you please give me its definition for it?( like what I gave for compression ratio).

I belongs to Computer Science Engg so we do only have a single PAPER called "Basic mechanical Engineering" that too in our 1st year for knowing about these kinds of things. But still I never heard about this term "Combustion ratio" relating to the AFR.

Okay., I will examine it.
If you are busy then its okay, you just need to say you are little busy.
But Viru, the above statement is a bit insulting towards the people you find their hard time for quoting up those posts for making it specific and easier for the readers.
I ask you to quote Why because if you can show me the lines to which you need explanation, then I just need to do a lil elaboration to what I have already said.

Anyways, since you are busy I wil do it for you.
The 10:1 is a worst case scenario where you assume the air intake system to be the limiting factor for an engine's performance. My bad for not making that clear enough.

My fellow engineer Spellbound has encountered the term combustion ratio as well! [;)]

I often try to make it easier by answering paragraph-wise and in the corresponding order, so it shouldn't be difficult to read.

kichu combustion ratio is not wrong

for your reference.
GEK Wiki / Stoichiometric Combustion Ratios
Yes,
*Air fuel Ratio
*Stoichiometric Air Fuel Ratio
*Stoichiometric Combustion Ratio or even Stoichiometric Combustion
These things definitely make sense, but where can you see the usage of this term "Combustion Ratio" in IC engines?, I think even he cant find any.
He is just trying to change his mistake from compression to combustion.( I wont believe until I find it anywhere, because he changes his words every now and then)

"The 10:1 is a worst case scenario"
where you assume the air intake system to be the limiting factor for an engine's performance. My bad for not making that clear enough.
Here whats the "WORST CASE" you are talking about? Is it Under the "EXTREME WORST DRIVING"(including prolonged Redlining) or the worst case scenerio which comes under the "NORMAL DRIVING CONDITION"(which includes a normal top speed of 80-120kmph)? I request you to make this clear and also share the source for this 10:1AFR.

*If it is "Under normal driving condition" and you find your AFR goes to 10, then you must change your O2 sensor.
*Or else you are mentioning to the"Extreme condition" then this is not applicable for us.

Do you remember what you said before? Quoting your previous post
To put this into perspective, an average petrol engine uses a compression ratio of 10:1 (10 units of air to 1 unit of fuel).
Its very evident you are trying your best to cheat us for just not admitting your mistakes.
What is this man? earlier you said "an average petrol engine uses a ratio of 10:1" and now you are saying "10:1 is a worst case scenario"

My fellow engineer Spellbound has encountered the term combustion ratio as well! [;)]
What he encountered is the term "Stoichiometric Combustion Ratios". Please dont say "Combustion Ratios=Stoichiometric Combustion Ratios"
IF you are damn sure about the existence of the term Combustion Ratio then please show me a couple of links. I'm sure, most probable you will say "You can believe it or not. Anyways I don't have time to prove it to you".

I often try to make it easier by answering paragraph-wise and in the corresponding order, so it shouldn't be difficult to read.
Ya its not difficult to read. and Quoting is also not necessary in the case of normal writings.
But when it comes to questing about the mistakes, its will be difficult to understand to what you are talking about. Even your two different post on same topic itself wont have any consistency. just like compression and combustion.

Last edited:

Top Bottom