Maruti 800 Tyres Touching Wheel Arches

Thread Starter #16
Hi,

I really don't know whats the thin spacer, please tell me some thing about this and how ll it help me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Varun,

Since your new tyre thickness is more than the OE their is not much you can do. Try bending the leaf spring system to increase height and change your rear suspension parts with performance parts so that height is always higher than standard.

Thread Starter #18
Hi Datta

If I had leaf springs/suspension I would have not at all have any problems, my car came with coil suspensions.....

You then need to stiffen the rear strut / coils so that they don't sag under the weight.

By stiffening though the ride quality will be compromised

Best use performance parts like Koni.

Thread Starter #21
Hi ,,,Datta and 350z

As i have almost tried to solve the problem , I my self got the inner wheel arches bent, the problem is solved by 75 to 80%. As of now i have 1 inch space, I am planning for 1.5 inch , pls let me know ur opinion....

One doubt , is my tire size wrong, this is eating my head (155\70 R12)
Pls let me know will stud bar help me increase in performance in any point ?

Thanks
Varun[clap][:)]

Your tyre size is wrong. Your stock tyre (145\70\R12) dia was 508 mm. New tyre (155\70\R12) dia is 522mm. You need to be within 2.5 % of recomended dia. In your case it is coming 2.76% which is more than recomended deviation from manufacturer.

Never the less there is noting that cannot be solved.

Can you post recent photo of your bent arches to help understanding. Also how do you plan to use stud bars (actually stabiliser bars ??)

Thread Starter #23
Ya sorry that's stabilizer bar (being fixed between two suspension pillars in the front).

You can find my car photos. pls help out..pls [cheers]
And also tell me how does my car look, because many are telling the alloys are not good.

Thanks
Varun

Attachments

Your Car looks fantastic. You can fix chrome arches to hide the dents. It will match with your rims.

Stabilizer bar reduces Chassis flex during high speed turning. You can do this at an experienced garages in your city.

If your spacer option has dried out, and you do not want to change to performance suspension parts, you can also try old Zen's air dampers. They are cheaper and are stiff than m800 stock. It should solve the issues.

Lastly try increase the stock coil height. It is done by dismantling the suspension. Then heating & simultaneously stretching the coils.

Once Coils are stretched fix it back and you have stiffer suspension. This is cheapest solution but will last max 1 year.

dude always remember to keep limit of suspension raise in check..your car will start looking very ugly otherwise!!

Thread Starter #26
Thank you for your comments, I already have the zen suspensions fixed (black ones) long back.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Hi , I have got the problem solved for the left side, as I had an dent on the left so got it removed and with that I got the inner wheel arches bent inside and got it painted, find the pic.... Now I think I should do the same for the other side. Thank you all for your help.

Attachments

Hi Varun,

I too facing the same problem. Uppgraded my Alto with Plati PY 712, 12-inch alloys, but these are scrapping the wheel arches (only rear) when 4 people on board. I have upgraded them on stock tyres (Apollo Amazer XL 145/80 R12), but do not why I am facing this problem, as I have upgraded them on stock tyres. Need help.

Regards,
Ayaz

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Hi Varun,

I too facing the same problem. Uppgraded my Alto with Plati PY 712, 12-inch alloys, but these are scrapping the wheel arches (only rear) when 4 people on board. I have upgraded them on stock tyres (Apollo Amazer XL 145/80 R12), but do not why I am facing this problem, as I have upgraded them on stock tyres. Need help.

Regards,
Ayaz

Hi do you have spacers fixed? If fixed get the inner arches bent this will solve the problem, this is easy. Please upload some pics of the rear wheels.

Top Bottom