Maruti 800: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thanks for your reply. As I posted earlier I am not able to tighten the right side Tail Lamp -- as two screws are slipping. I need to change the grippers (???) or buttons (???) (which are fixed in the body of the car) for these screws -- to properly tighten the Tail Lamp screws.
1) What is the part name/part number (on Boodmo) for GRIPPERS or BUTTONS for Tail Lamp screws for Maruti 800 DX 2000 Model.
Thanks & regards.
Hello Jayanta,
Part # 09159M04002
Link : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-nut-6781695/

It looks like this. https://boodmo.com/media/cache/part_zoom_horizontal/images/parts/d9efec4.JPG
Replace this, and you should be good to tighten the screws.

Attachments

Anybody knows how many days in advance we can apply for renewal of fitness certificate ?
Anybody did renewal of 20 -22 yrs old m 800 car in karnataka state or in any other state ?
What is the official fees and break up?
What documents to be presented with renewal form?

Last edited by a moderator:
it can be applied one month in advance sir; my M800 is also due for renewal coming this may [:)]
I shall try to update regards the needed documents ..The obvious ones will be the previous RC book ,pencil mark of the chassis and engine number on a paper,pollution certificate.
regards form No il find out more

it can be applied one month in advance sir; my M800 is also due for renewal coming this may [:)]
I shall try to update regards the needed documents ..The obvious ones will be the previous RC book ,pencil mark of the chassis and engine number on a paper,pollution certificate.
regards form No il find out more
Thank you for your prompt reply. It has been a long time, we haven't communicated. When there was problem with this site, I was disappointed and practically most of the people who used to share their experience and suggestion/ guidence etc disappeared. Of course me too. Well, that did not stop me from maintaining my car regularly but I haven't shared anything later.

I did visit RTO here in Mangalore yesterday and got the information that we could apply one week in advance but I don't believe that because most of the RTO people are lazzy and corrupt .I shall apply for renewal one month in advance, that will be 1st week of April, sothat I could get my renewal by 1st week of May 2020, hopefully.The Insusance is due on 25th May 2020 and without the renewal of FC, the insuance people won't renew the Insuance ( of course only 3rd party). If renewal FC card is delayed, may be the fees paid receipt may help,I don't know ??

I got the Form 25. They said I have to attach RC in original ( he said present FC smart card is the RC ????) , copy of present Insuance and also a copy of PUC. Pay the fees at the counter:::::Rs 600 is Registration fees, Rs 1,000 is the Road safety test fees, Rs 500 is the Grenn tax and Rs 210 is for smart card of FC.= Total Rs 2310., Then with the Fees receipt go to Inspection dept, they will give the time for Inspection, either same day or next day ??? I asked them how come the fees have gone up 3 fold? because when i got my 1st FC done in April 2015, they charged me Rs 500 as green tax, Rs 200 plus for smart card and Rs 200 for 2 yrs delay for applying for FC, all together Rs 900 plus.( That time I got it done thru an agent and he charged me Rs 2500 inclusive of that Rs 900 plus fees ).This time I will do it myself because my car is still in very good condition because when I asked an agent he aid Rs 5000 hahahahaha.

Please also give me your feed back once you get your form 25 and after talking to the RTO people in your city.

Hello, bodmo dint have this. thanks
2 yrs ago I too faced the same problem. I got a set of gaskets from Boodmo, costing Rs 85. I opened both the Tail lamps, used water spray and tooth brush and cleaned all the accumulated mud, and applied WD 40 and removed some rust spots. Bought 50 gms of white paint and used a school kid's brush and painted the complete inside . Of course the screws were rusted andI got new screws from a hardware shop. Also fitted a new reverse horn costing Rs 100 bought from a fancy accessories shop who sell cheap car fancy items. No problem since 2 yrs, reverse horn works fine. no rain water getting in and causing rusting and damaging the reverse horn.

When a 70 yrs plus old man can do this task,a young man can do this easily.
If you glance at the back pages, may be I have given the details and that might help you.

Thank you for your prompt reply. It has been a long time, we haven't communicated. When there was problem with this site, I was disappointed and practically most of the people who used to share their experience and suggestion/ guidence etc disappeared. Of course me too. Well, that did not stop me from maintaining my car regularly but I haven't shared anything later.

I did visit RTO here in Mangalore yesterday and got the information that we could apply one week in advance but I don't believe that because most of the RTO people are lazzy and corrupt .I shall apply for renewal one month in advance, that will be 1st week of April, sothat I could get my renewal by 1st week of May 2020, hopefully.The Insusance is due on 25th May 2020 and without the renewal of FC, the insuance people won't renew the Insuance ( of course only 3rd party). If renewal FC card is delayed, may be the fees paid receipt may help,I don't know ??

I got the Form 25. They said I have to attach RC in original ( he said present FC smart card is the RC ????) , copy of present Insuance and also a copy of PUC. Pay the fees at the counter:::::Rs 600 is Registration fees, Rs 1,000 is the Road safety test fees, Rs 500 is the Grenn tax and Rs 210 is for smart card of FC.= Total Rs 2310., Then with the Fees receipt go to Inspection dept, they will give the time for Inspection, either same day or next day ??? I asked them how come the fees have gone up 3 fold? because when i got my 1st FC done in April 2015, they charged me Rs 500 as green tax, Rs 200 plus for smart card and Rs 200 for 2 yrs delay for applying for FC, all together Rs 900 plus.( That time I got it done thru an agent and he charged me Rs 2500 inclusive of that Rs 900 plus fees ).This time I will do it myself because my car is still in very good condition because when I asked an agent he aid Rs 5000 hahahahaha.

Please also give me your feed back once you get your form 25 and after talking to the RTO people in your city.
Yes sir long time since we had a conversation .I shall let you know about the formalities.I have a new dents but the car is in good mechanical condition.Asked a local garage for full body denting and painting of 6panels he quoted 10k.I need to do some more research for a little more economical way to finish the work.
Does the car need to have very good body and paint always for fitness ?

Yes sir long time since we had a conversation .I shall let you know about the formalities.I have a new dents but the car is in good mechanical condition.Asked a local garage for full body denting and painting of 6panels he quoted 10k.I need to do some more research for a little more economical way to finish the work.
Does the car need to have very good body and paint always for fitness ?
Well, better to have dent free and painting but Rs 10,000 seems to be high. Though my car is in good conditio, i did inquire about full body painting to know the rate, He quoted Rs 25000 to Rs 28000 for the full body and by removing all the parts and refitting. and he said it would take 3-4 weeks time. No need for me at present, because i do waxpol cleaning before monsoon and after monsoon. and also did some rust spot removed myself and did minor painting myself, that was somewhere in nov 2017 i think and i did share the details in the group that time.

I did many tasks in 2017, 2018 and 2019 spent almost Rs/50000 plus to make it more fit and regained the better mileage of 18 plus., Carburetor overhaul, AC to put back in use ( but I stopped after 6 months because the M49 gas did not hold for long time in place of that R12, Then changed all 4 tires by tubeless, complete over haul of GEAR BOX, Dynamo o/h and replaced the regulator, changed speedometer cable and also hand brake cable.Changed the shell 20w50 oil by MOTUL - Mineral oil now available in India in Dec 2019 and changed again oil filter, air filter, all the spark plus from champion to Denso.Oh changed both rear Shock and springs, Engine oil changed after about 3000 kms. Though I got the underbody anti rusting done in May 2017, I i posted in the group that time with full details and photos did at Bosch service centre here. In january 2020 ( after about 3000 kms and 2 1/2 yrs, I again did the underbody coating since left over paint of TUFKOTE was about to dry up, Replaced the rear bumper too.My car is in very good condition.

Fitness certificate 2nd term renewal of my Maruti 800 car 1998 dx model. I did my 1st fc in May 2015 and they charged me Rs.500 green tax, Rs.100 for registration, Rs.200 penalty for 2 Years delay and Rs. 137 for smart card and Rs. 50 processing fees = a total of Rs. 987. My FC was due on 6/5/2020 and when the lock down was opened on 4/5/2020, I did go to RTO office in Mangalore on 5/5/2020 and there was no rush at all, hardly 10-12 persons were there. So filling up of the form no 25, pencil marks of engine and chassis no, giving copy of insurance, PUC test etc took only 20 minutes and then I went to the payment counter and paid the fees as follows (took just 5 minutes), Rs.600 registration, Rs.500 green tax, Rs.1000 as one time road safety fees and Rs.137 as smart card fees plus Rs.73 as smart card procession fees = a total Rs.2,310. Then after entering and checking, I had to go the inspection ground, which is about 4-5 kms from the RTO office. I was the 3rd person there and they just saw my paper and cross - checked the engine and chassis number and just put the seal on my papers, took only 5 minutes. I came back to the RTO office and submitted the papers. They asked me to come after 2 weeks to collect the fc smart card. I did go to RTO office on 22nd may 2020 and my FC was ready. 6/5/2020 to 6/5/2025 for 5 yrs. So no hassle this time of waiting in long queue.

Attachments

What are the things officer will look for in the car. Like tyres, brakes light. What about the paint ? I have to renew my rc for 800 which is pending for past 3 years

Fantastic update sir ,I had been to renew mine at jayanagar rto Bangalore but they mentioned having some computer software related issues hence to go after 2 weeks
Best of Luck to you:::::::Better try to finish before the lock out is lifted. otherwise there will be more rush. Don't get involved with any agent because they only suck you.

What are the things officer will look for in the car. Like tyres, brakes light. What about the paint ? I have to renew my rc for 800 which is pending for past 3 years
If your car is in good condition, they don't bother to look at anything, just cross - check the chasis number and engine no:::::::better get the car washed and keep the engine bay clean before going, also check head lights, left and right signal lights etc.::::::Earlier they used to charge Rs 100 per year delay as penalty, may be few Ruppes more now.

If your car is in good condition, they don't bother to look at anything, just cross - check the chasis number and engine no:::::::better get the car washed and keep the engine bay clean before going, also check head lights, left and right signal lights etc.::::::Earlier they used to charge Rs 100 per year delay as penalty, may be few Ruppes more now.
how could you manage to run your car for 3 yrs without any cop checking? without fc, the car will be confiscated by the cops and you have to struggle a lot later to get it back.

Dear friends.. In the attached photo I rounded one plug in Red color (image is downloaded in net not my car image). This plug broke in my car. There are three wires colored Red,Green, Black are separated. I need to connect them without plug temporarily. I am confusing which color wire to connect BOTTOM PIN and which color wire to MIDDLE PIN and which is to TOP PIN. Can any one please explain me clearly. Thank you.

Attachments

A few months ago I came across a few articles saying that cars older than 15 years will be scrapped. But as I see many people are able to register their cars in most cities. Any idea if cars older than 15 years are still allowed to ply on Mumbai roads? Whats the latest status on this?
The reason I ask is because, my brother who recently started working wants to buy his first car. he does not want to buy an Alto or WagonR. he learnt to drive on a City iDSI (2005). He feels that its a great car and has shortlisted a few. He wants to use the car for 2-3 years at least. So if he has to scrap the car after 15 years, then he needs to buy something around 12 years old. Any help i this matter will be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi
This is Srikanth from Visakhapatnam. Own a Maruti Suzuki 800 AC BS3 MPFI 2006 model.
I was getting the MIL. My mechanic tried resetting the ECM by disconnecting the battery few times but after few days it pops up again.
Then i purchased CarPm OBD2 scanner. In the report the device generated I got the error code as P0500 - Vehicle speed sensor is not working properly.
I need your help in fixing this issue.

Attached the report generated

Attachments

Top Bottom