Maruti 800: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Maruti 800: Technical Issues and Solutions

Check while the engine is running,checking from below when the car is on a ramp is the best way to identify any problems.

The water pump is located below the cam and hence inside the timing belt cover,small leaks are hard to see from the top.

Also if you haven't serviced the carb recently I would recommend you to try using a carb cleaner spray.You need to dismantle the air cleaner box.It is a two person job, one depresses the accelerator and the other sprays into the throat of the carb.

The engine will stutter so the other person depresses the accelerator more to prevent the engine from stalling.Then shut the engine down and spray some more cleaner into the carb and fit the the air cleaner and let it soak.

Start the car after an hour or so and rev the engine to the carb cleaner flows out then go for a short drive.See if the car feels more responsive to accelerator pedal play.

It was difficult to accelerate the engine in the morning. So one technician cleaned the carburetor to see any improvement.Now the idle is somewhat ok but tries to stall when accelerate. I need to keep the engine at high RPM for few minutes before take off.

The idle and air fuel mixture ratio has not been adjusted correctly, hence the issue.

I would suggest you get the rpm meter from the maruti a-star fitted.

This will enable you to see the rpm and adjust the air fuel mixture accordingly.
  • 900rpm without a/c
  • 1100 rpm with a/c

Hi
I am having ac problem in car.
Qhen i use AC , some water drops keep trickinling below dash board area near floor mat [surprise]. Where is this water coming from [anger]

Not a major issue, just the drain pipe has been disconnected. You can find this below the black box (left side of the dashboard) just plug it in to place it will solved..

@ Varun can you please post the pic of drain pipe where it is cant find.

Last edited by a moderator:

@ varun bhai i got the pipe sorted out.
tanx a lot [clap]

Man
today had malfunction electric problem in car. The indicator was glowing. Even after removing they key the engine and fan was running. Took it to mechanic who said AC relay is short and replaced the relay with new one
Total damages= 250 [:D]

Strange.. will A/C relay cause malfunction to other electrical s.. Post the pic of the A/c relay location please ..

The post seems to be asleep.

All the 800's seem to be working okay aye Varun.

Maruti 800. Various Issues with overheating, clutch and engine braking

Hey,

I have a Maruti 800 MPFI and its been giving me a lot of issues.
OVERHEATING PROBLEM :
1. The car overheats in a way. The temperature gauge however remains somewhere in the middle and gives no signs of overheating but the signs I get while driving it is during slow moving traffic when I need to negotiate driving with the clutch half pressed in first gear.
The car starts jolting about quite vigorously and then shuts down completely. This only happens when the car is slow , mainly in the 1st and sometimes in 2nd gear.

I've tried getting this problem rectified by a lot of mechanics even the authorized Maruti people but to no luck.

STARTING PROBLEM:
2. When the first problem happens , its tough to start the car again. This might be because of the reason related to the first problem but sometimes even when I try starting the car the first time in the morning the ignition doesnt work and I need to try 10-15 till it does. This however isnt temperature dependent or seasonal. Happened all throughout the year.

ENGINE BRAKING :
3. Also, I've noticed ever since I've been driving my 800 ( I was given it when i started to drive which was about 4-5 years after the car was purchased).
Anytime I drove my car in second gear and left the accelerator pedal even slightly , the car would have a huge amount of engine braking for some reason. The entire suspension would hurdle about and even in the car is tossed about.
The only way i used to negotiate this was by either try and drive mostly in 3rd year using the 2nd gear as a quick intermediate or partially press the clutch to reduce the engine braking.

Any suggestions/advice about any of these issues would be really appreciated. Thanks a bunch !

Top Bottom