Maruti 800: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Maruti 800: Technical Issues and Solutions

Here are the pic's and info as you requested...

I am planning to fix an blower at the rear.. though it might be funny to hear rear vents in 800[lol], but this one is practical one..

I am using a 2 sided blower motor, plumbing will do later.. now just stuck up with the
wooden box in which the blower is to be fixed..

Attachments

I would like to add the following to my post- problem of starting the engine

1. I change engine oil / filter every 3000 km run. Engine oil level is ok
2. Temperature gauge indicator is at 1/3 position when the engine is hot. Fan is at this point
3. I use water as the coolant. Tried to clean the system with radiator flush to switch back to radiator coolant, but noticed a leak at water pump.
4.The thermostat valve not installed.
5. Battery is ok.
6. Covered the fuel lines with aluminium foil to avoid vapour lock. but still the problem persists.

Last edited:

Does your car crank ? If not it is a problem with the wiring or the starter motor..

Get the starter motor brushes replaced, this might solve the issue..

@mahilaljayanath:Get the waterpump replaced it is a critical component that supplies coolant around the engine to keep the temperature optimum.A faulty temp gauge maybe a problem as you cant see how hot the engine is really getting.Change all the hoses and piping that make up the cooling system accordingly.Switch to a coolant water mixtures that has been recommended for usage according to your climatic conditions.Water will cause rust issues.Some manufacturers recommend usage of distilled water and coolant, some don't.So read the instructions and use as per requirement.Change the radiator cap, this has a pressure control valve built in and with age can deteriorate.

Last edited:

Get your engine cooling system checked and rectified.
  • The in dash temperature gauge.
  • Radiator to block hoses and pipes,overflow tank to radiator pipe.
  • Waterpump,pulley,belt and tensioner
  • Radiator Fan
  • Radiator Cap
  • Coolant
When you start your engine is there any smoke coming out of the exhaust, if yes which color is it?

When I start the engine in the morning I see white smoke. But not during daytime.
Radiator fan automatically switches on every time the temperature gauge is at 1/3 position.

Radiator is also a new one and the cap is also new. Path from radiator to reserve tank is clear.

Only thing I cannot check, is the water pump. But I see water flowing through the radiator when the radiator cap is removed (Engine is not hot). No idea whether the water pump working fine when the radiator cap is on.

Is there any way that I can check the water pump without removing?

Get a pressure test done on the cooling system.The water pump is located on the left side of the car.You need to open the timing belt cover(outside and inside)to access the water pump.If you can get your car on a ramp and get below it you can see whats happening when the engine is running, if there is a leak on the left side the water pump will need replacing.Do you notice the coolant(water)level from your overflow reservoir dropping a lot?

I didn't notice a level drop in the overflow tank.

Usually I do not add water to radiator (I check radiator water level before I go out)

Actually I didn't check whether the coolant flows from radiator to overflow tank (and vise versa) as the radiator is a new one.

I do not see any leak around water pump either.

Very difficult to find a garage to do a pressure test.

If you are using coolant and the white smoke you see has a sweet smell, you are burning coolant.If it smells like oil you are burning oil.Both of these are a problem.
But sometimes the white smoke is water vapour(due to the cold climate in the morning).Which is not a problem.
When you start your engine let it idle for a while.Notice the sounds it makes.
You need to check the car from the bottom not from the top to see any leaks in the water pump

Have you recently changed the key set.. some times even this causes the car not to start.

Do you have central locking ?

No. I did not changed the key set and do not have central locking.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I do not notice a water level drop in radiator. So I assume there is no leak in the water pump..

Check the coolant(water)level in the radiator and also the overflow reservoir tank.The plastic one located on the side.

Coolant leaks from the water pump would be on the driver side of the car.Small leaks only visible from the bottom.

Please check the above posts for details of Maruti service stations and genuine part vendors in your city.

Last edited:

Top Bottom