Maruti 800 (SS80) - An Indian Classic

I hada talk with local dealer MASS in Kasargod.They said its very difficult to source the item.But there is a service center in "Anangoor".The mechanics there can help you.Please check and reply.

I hada talk with local dealer MASS in Kasargod.They said its very difficult to source the item.But there is a service center in "Anangoor".The mechanics there can help you.Please check and reply.
Do you know the mechanics name ? Is he talking about bhaskar ? Is yes I know this guy and I repair my car from him only. Dont know any other from anangoor

Kriaz8100 can you PM me your contact details.I can look for a used tank here.But chances are it won't be in much better shape thank yours.

The best bet is to get a used tank and get it cut open.Get the tank washed and prepared chemically then coat it with a solution that will not dissolve in petrol.Then weld it back and do a leak test.

Finding a new tank is not impossible but not at all easy either.You may have to take your search over seas.

Kriaz8100 can you PM me your contact details.I can look for a used tank here.But chances are it won't be in much better shape thank yours.

The best bet is to get a used tank and get it cut open.Get the tank washed and prepared chemically then coat it with a solution that will not dissolve in petrol.Then weld it back and do a leak test.

Finding a new tank is not impossible but not at all easy either.You may have to take your search over seas.
I pm ed you to your inbox.

Ready for any thing but I want my problem solved.

No words to describe ! Your car looks cool.

Is the clock a standard accessory. Does any ss80 come with A/C ?

Is the ss80 gearbox different from the current gen 800's ?

No words to describe ! Your car looks cool.

Is the clock a standard accessory. Does any ss80 come with A/C ?

Is the ss80 gearbox different from the current gen 800's ?
Ya the clock comes standard its a digital clock.
There were two models like now standard and dx . Mine is dx and dx came with a/c , leather seats , seat belts etc...
Dx costs 30% extra from the standard model.

Do you know the mechanics name ? Is he talking about bhaskar ? Is yes I know this guy and I repair my car from him only. Dont know any other from anangoor
Sorry about the late reply.
I talked through the dealer and I don't know the mechanics name.The dealer service executive suggested to go this place. If you are doing service from this place well and good.

I also will try to hunt for an old ss80 maruti petrol tank in Bangalore from now on. [:)]

Hi guys. I have been following you all.Its a pleasure to see still in our
Country we have admirers of maruti 800. I am starting the restoration of
Our old classis 800. Could any one please guide me a good restorer in delhi who is trustful enough? I own a chocolate colour 1985 non Ac model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom