Maruti 800 Redefined

Thread Starter #61

napster

Suspended
Thanks napster.

Under normal driving conditions FFE gives more mileage[thumbsup]
A combination of FFE and a cold air intake can deliver more mileage compared to stock filter and FFE.

The 3 x 2 x 1 is better fore street driving (improves initial torque) where as 3 x 1 (improves torque at higher RPM)

And hey i have a very interesting Page for you,its about "How to Tune Your 800" This was written by some other country guy who owned a left hand drive 800. He even clicked the pic's after the setting/mod was done & the TOP speed shown was 140 + [:D]

Let me find that page, i will put it up here.
WOW, Post that link ASAp, That would be of great help to me.
My topspeed on my M800 is 145kmph with the stock K&N replacement filter.

What is that 3 x 1 and 3 x 2 x 1 thing?

3 x 1 setup
- In a 3 cylinder engine the Headers consist of 3 exhaust pipes(1 to each cylinder) which are joint together in one single pipe & this pipe then has the muffler & end tip.

3 x 2 x 1 setup - In a 3 cylinder engine the Headers consist of 3 exhaust pipes(1 to each cylinder) which are joint together in two pipes & then these two pipes are joint to one single pipe & then the muffler & end tip.

Similarly for 4 cylinder engines its - 4 x 1 or 4 x 2 x 1 & so on (Depending on where we want the power gains)

WOW, Post that link ASAp, That would be of great help to me.
My top speed on my M800 is 145kmph with the stock K&N replacement filter.
doesnt it start vibrating then? I mean i have Alto 0.8L, if i ever try to cross 120kmph i can feel a lot of vibrations and the steering needs to be handled firmly.(Mine has stock filter).

The vibrations will reduce a little (its negligible) as the engine rev's better.

If looking for power gains CAI,Conical air filter is the best bet & when coupled with FFE its even better.

Thread Starter #72

napster

Suspended
doesnt it start vibrating then? I mean i have Alto 0.8L, if i ever try to cross 120kmph i can feel a lot of vibrations and the steering needs to be handled firmly.(Mine has stock filter).
Those vibrations are because of your tyres i belive, Improper balancing, Allignment cosue vibration at those speeds. My engine was running smooth though it was loud.

Ones in a while is OK [:D]
After you get an intake and exhaust system, You tend to redline your ride as soon as you see a strech of empty road[evil]

The vibrations will reduce a little (its negligible) as the engine rev's better.

If looking for power gains CAI,Conical air filter is the best bet & when coupled with FFE its even better.

Thanks for info. No plans of upgrade as of now.

Thread Starter #74

napster

Suspended
PS : Stoc ktyres on both alto and m800 arent good for speeds over 100kmph at all, So if possible get wider ones or get the same size but in michelins.
Stock tyres cant help you control your car at high speeds.(personal experience)

Was this for me?

I wanted to ask napster if fixing K&N filter will eliminate such experience. I have heard of increased pickup and better acceleration after K&N fixup.
No Akash by just only installing K&N filter Napster might not have increased his stability and decreased his vibrations at high speeds.He definitely have done some modifications in suspension like installi Blistein or Koni suspension, and engine mods,etc and enhanced the stability at higher speeds like 165km/h.

@Napster: Please throw some light on your suspension and engine mods friend.But its really stunning that just by instaling K&N filter you are achieving that top speed of 165km/h.Even cars with refined 1.1L engine cant achieve it with its stock filters, efficiently without vibrations.Congrats friend.

Yes I agree with you that tyre upgradation is required for better stability at higher speeds.

Last edited:

Top Bottom