Maruti 800 Headlamp Upgrade - Need Help

It really looks good when the weather is good.The whiter light does suffer from problems in the rains though.What is the cost of the bulbs and is it a direct fit?
Thanks, is it due to the color of the bulbs ? I got a gift from a friend, I searched in eBay it was around 800 rs per pair of bulbs. [:)]

The color that you see on the bulbs is actually a filter.This separates the remaining rays from the desired ones.The poor visibility is due to the fact that it scatters more than the normal colored lights.You can always change back.The procedure is pretty easy on ours cars.

yes its kelvin. colour temperature. 3500K will be 40% yellow and 60 white. 4300k will be 70% white and 30% yellow.
Thank you saishibu3838, there's a Philips H4 100/90W blue vision bulb , i don't know how much kelvin it is, but the shop guys asking 350 per each, Shall i go for it?

Cant we add this bulb to M800? Cos this also H4, so the mounting unit will be same i think. On the box it also written power consumption is also lesser!! I dont know whether we can use this or not on traffic because its 6000K??

Attachments

Last edited:
Thank you saishibu3838, there's a Philips H4 100/90W blue vision bulb , i don't know how much kelvin it is, but the shop guys asking 350 per each, Shall i go for it?

Cant we add this bulb to M800? Cos this also H4, so the mounting unit will be same i think. On the box it also written power consumption is also lesser!! I dont know whether we can use this or not on traffic because its 6000K??
yes , these can be added to M800. these are xenon lights and they consume less power. 35 or 55W. working is different from halogen. you need separate ballast. you cant use this legally, but illegally people are using it.

Go for phillips 100/90W diamond vision. blue vision wont be effective on rains

Make sure you have both high and low beams in case you want them.The whiter and bluer lights are not good in the rains.

100/90's of any color are illegal any which way.All the philips packing says they are for rally's and not street use [;)] But in our poorly lit country it is alright.With pot holes the size of craters we also engage in rally driving from time to time [lol]

You can upgrade your head lamps to 100/90.

You will get separate wiring kit. Wiring kit costs from 600 to 1200rs depends on the company (make). Bulbs each would cost 150.

I would suggest Minda,Philips and roots wiring kit, bulbs you can go for Philips, Osram or Hella.
do you know the type of bulb used in marthi 800 1995 model,im having a H4,520W
bulb,will it b suitable for my car?

Dear All
I've ordered Philips Diamond Vision H4 60/55W 5000k bulbs for my M800.The stock bulbs which came from the factory 14yrs back just refuse to die,so out of boredom I ordered a new pair.
I have a few urgent queries.Do reply at your earliest.
1.Is white light illegal in India?? philips India claims it to be absolutely street legal.What are your views??
2.How bad can the visibility be compared to stock bulbs??I've heard white lights have bad visibility and are useless in the rain. Scientifically also human eyes are most sensitive to greenish yellow light.
3.Since philips claims 100%more light which translates to hotter filament. So will they damage my headlight reflector in any way??
My final query,will I get even 1% improvement over stock bulb or am I just wasting the money??

Last edited:
yes , these can be added to M800. these are xenon lights and they consume less power. 35 or 55W. working is different from halogen. you need separate ballast. you cant use this legally, but illegally people are using it.

Go for phillips 100/90W diamond vision. blue vision wont be effective on rains
Sir looks like you've used diamond vision bulbs,how are they ??also have a look on the previous post.
Thanks.

Dear all,

yesterday for upgrading the Alty had been to Pudupet, Chennai. the person quoted for Swift Rs.3500.00. Can anyone tell me how to Test and find out if it is working. attaching photos taken. After hearing from this forum, will purchase. Am not able to upload the photos. It says cannot upload more than 1 MB. Any thoughts?
Kind regards,

V Krishna Swamy

Top Bottom