Maruti 800 Enhancement Required

Looking nice, did it require to cut the edges of the metal piece where the headlamps are to be fitted because, type 3 requires a bit more space than the type 2.
thank you, i had to cut some inner part of the body where the headlights were screwed but nothing much had to be cut it was just some minor cutting [:)]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
thank you, i had to cut some inner part of the body where the headlights were screwed but nothing much had to be cut it was just some minor cutting
Congrats. The car is looking better now. Good that you also upgraded the bulbs.

How much for the Type3 HLs? Are these with the leveler or without?
I bought the same set for thousand rupees. It’s without leveling device. What about you, dj_square?

Drive Safe,
350Z

hi racerdabba,
there's a company named lumax the one I bought for was around 1300 mine is with leveling screws.

I hope its same with dj_square.

How much for the Type3 HLs? Are these with the leveler or without?
i had paid 1200rs for the type 3 headlight fittings and its without motor leveler but can be adjusted with the screws given.

Congrats. The car is looking better now. Good that you also upgraded the bulbs.

I bought the same set for thousand rupees. It’s without leveling device. What about you, dj_square?

Drive Safe,
350Z
thank you and yes upgrading bulb is very useful on dark roads [:)] i bought it for 1200rs.

hi racerdabba,
there's a company named lumax the one I bought for was around 1300 mine is with leveling screws.

I hope its same with dj_square.
[;)] i bought it for 1200rs.

not only this but the reflecting plates also plays major role.
mine bulbs where good but not the reflectors in the headlamp.
hence took type3.
ya that was in my case also as my type 2 headlight reflectors had rusted and bulb were the normal 55/60...so thought of upgrading to type 3 and 90/100 bulbs [:)]

But upgrading to 100/90 would cause the bulbs to get heat soon, also the heat generated would be more. So check the reflectors and glass for small cracks.

The conversion looks real nice, gives the car a sort of upmarket look :D.
IIRC Type 3 light lenses are plastic molded as compared to the type 2 Glass ones. Please clear my doubt.

But upgrading to 100/90 would cause the bulbs to get heat soon, also the heat generated would be more. So check the reflectors and glass for small cracks.
Thanks and yes will surely keep a check but as of now there are no cracks on the glass and the reflectors are also fine from almost 1yr of the mod and i also don't drive my car for long hours in night so headlight is rarely used.

The conversion looks real nice, gives the car a sort of upmarket look :D.
IIRC Type 3 light lenses are plastic molded as compared to the type 2 Glass ones. Please clear my doubt.
Thanks, and yes type 3 are make of plastic but i guess it is some sort of toughened plastic.

Advice on modifications in my maruti 800

Hi all,

I own a 1997 Maruti 800 white, i wanted to improve the car looks and want to do visual modifications so that she looks much nicer [;)], but i am confused where to start, monthly allowance for this is around 2000 rupees. Please guide me through

Re: Advice on modifications in my maruti 800

It all depends on your taste and needs.

You can get graphics, alloys etc..
Varun,

Bro the first thing i need is a fan, the blower is terrible in air output and if i keep the window open in our city on roads through diary circle and forum, headache guaranteed due to the continuous honking of other vehicles.If i can fit a fan inside that should solve the cabin heat problem. Is this ok?

Top Bottom