Maruti 800 Enhancement Required

Awesome kept car! inspiring! guys, this is my first post to the forum so saying a big hello and planning to contribute and learn big time.
To start with, was really curious to know the price of the type-3 headlamps for maruti 800..mine is a type-2 and have been contemplating changing the front and tail lights and the grill as well...i am at bangalore and any suggestions would be appreciated.

350Z

Core Team
Awesome kept car! inspiring! guys, this is my first post to the forum so saying a big hello and planning to contribute and learn big time.
To start with, was really curious to know the price of the type-3 headlamps for maruti 800..mine is a type-2 and have been contemplating changing the front and tail lights and the grill as well...i am at bangalore and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hello, Welcome to The Automotive India. I have done a similar modification and upgraded my Maruti 800's headlamps to Type-3 model. They indeed help in improving the looks of the car. You should get a set of two (without bulbs) for under Rs.1,500. Please check this thread for details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/436-accessories-maruti-800-a-3.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

arey yaar can we install latets maruti front and tail light in 1996 maruti ?
It will make the car look so much new [:)]

350Z

Core Team
arey yaar can we install latets maruti front and tail light in 1996 maruti ?
It will make the car look so much new [:)]
I have seen the latest Maruti 800's grills on earlier generation models. But I think the installation of the tail lamps will demand custom modification on boot.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Suggest Accessories for M800 1997

Hi Friends,

I recently bought a M800 1997 model.

I am just a beginner in car.

First let me list few things for which i need your advice.

1) My headlights are very dim. I want an extra light fitting. I heard that new headlight will cost 3000 INR.

2) My speedo light is very very dim. I would need suggestions for that as well. I tried to add some light to it, but didnt like the finishing.[confused]

3) I want some good cover for my gears. Its looks are bad. Any places in chennai where i can get it. And cost please.

4) I have done some lighting in the interior front by myself. Please suggest if it can be done better.

5) I want some good gadgets that can be kept in my car. Like car charger, laptop charger, etc.

Thanks in Advance.

This is my first thread. Hoping to get amazing replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Suggest Accessories for M800 1997

Hi Friends,

I recently bought a M800 1997 model.

I am just a beginner in car.

First let me list few things for which i need your advice.

1) My headlights are very dim. I want an extra light fitting. I heard that new headlight will cost 3000 INR.
I think 350Z can tell the exact costs of the headlights since he himself got a new set sometime back.

2) My speedo light is very very dim. I would need suggestions for that as well. I tried to add some light to it, but didnt like the finishing.[confused]
You can try putting LEDs in the console. They will illuminate it better.

3) I want some good cover for my gears. Its looks are bad. Any places in chennai where i can get it. And cost please.
This thread has all the answers: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/do-yourself/4238-diy-leather-covering-gear-knob-maruti-800-a.html

4) I have done some lighting in the interior front by myself. Please suggest if it can be done better.
They look fine to me.

5) I want some good gadgets that can be kept in my car. Like car charger, laptop charger, etc.
You can go for after market accessories. Most of these are available at competitive prices in market.

350Z

Core Team
Congrats. You have bought a neat example. I did install a set of new headlamps but they are Type-3 which will not easily fit in this model. I can recommend going with after-market rally type fog lamps. And to answer rest of the questions:

2) Maybe because the original bulb is old and hence illuminates less. Just replace it with new one on any nearby workshop.

3) Some custom made gear knobs are available in the market, otherwise if you wish to perform some DIY, check out the above link.

4) Nice job but less effective (as in case with all 800s).

5) They all are available out there but remember not to keep those gadgets (Laptop, Phones etc.) inside when the car is parked alone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for your quick replies - 350Z & Akash.
I did some more lighting work in the car today. Will post pics tomorrow probably.
I need to remove my extra light in speedo and try putting it elsewhere or replace the old bulb. (Tough job)
For headlights, yes i think i would go for some auxillary light or fog light watever its called.
Gear knobs - i think its tough for me. So, i will get one this weekend.
I bought a car mobile charger, but dont ve a cigar lighter to fix the charger. Need to check this out.

Thanks again for your advise/suggestions.

maruti 800 modifications

Hello All,
I recently bought a 95 model maruti 800. I just wanted all your suggestions on how can I modify that. My budget is 15k as of now.

Re: maruti 800 modifications

Can you post a picture of your car?We can then tell what all you can decide.
I guess its white in color,Repaint it if the color is gone,put a nice wheel caps(Silver cap is preferable)

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Kiran. Some images of the car will help us to suggest better. Also what accessories you have installed already?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi, Landrover,
Will you please let me know how you have fixed the fog lamps for your extremely beautiful maruti 800?

Top Bottom