Maruti 800 Air Conditioner (A/C) Problems

I've a 4 year old Maruti-800 (First Hand, bought in October 2011).

In December-2014, complete servicing (top up of A/C gas, wheel alignment and other things) was done at Maruti ASS.

I was driving last week and after driving for some 5 kilometres, noticed hissing sound coming from lower left corner of dashboard, with A/C on.

The moment I turned off the A/C, sound was gone.

Is it due to some leak or is there any other issue ?

I hardly take out the car (driven less than 5 kilometres/week).

Last edited:
Hi gurus,
I have noticed oil leakage in the bay of maruti 800. After the inspection by mech he said the oil leak is from the AC unit. But the AC still has gas, I can see it moving when AC is switched on.
The AC mech acknowledged the same and said the AC switch (near to the dryer bottle) needs to be changed.
I just wanted to know, will there be a AC oil leak with out the gas leak and BTW how much does the AC switch costs.

Regards,
Sri

I am lover of Maruti 800, I am about to buy a Maruti 800 AC (2009 or 2010 model) in next few months. I have a few queries:
I have family of 3, I have child of 9 months, does AC of Maruti 800 really works in summers (moderate cooling is needed).

Thanks glomus, Now I am living in planes, soon I am planning to move to hills, will there be any problem with Maruti 800 AC (2008 or 2009 model) in hills, and please also tell me the approximate cost of a 2008 or 2009 model Maruti 800 AC in good condition?

What should I pay to a dealer for a 2008 or 2009 model Maruti 800 AC (in good condition)?
I will post the pics of the car after I purchase the same, and will ask for the suggestions to modify the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everybody

I am having Maruti 800 5 Speed gearbox 2001 mode car. Now my AC compressor need to change for aging and low cooling. I am planning to fit Alto AC Compressor that is Subros 10S11 117CC. Anybody have tested this setup. Any suggestion how to fix the compressor ,means bracket arrangements. Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom