Maruti 800 Air Conditioner (A/C) Problems

Sir i am new in auto world , i bought Maruti 800 model 2000 with AC but AC is not working, i went for AC repairing they told me that its Condenser is not serviceable, get it change and gas converter is to be installed then only its AC will work and they told me its cost around Rs.6000. Please help me to get my AC serviceable in low coast

Yes condenser can't be repaired also the compressor.

Ask him whats the exact problem with the compressor and post it here. Also ask him whether your A/C system is R134a or R12 specifications..

AC change in Maruti 800

Hi TAIians,

I have M800. Its quite old. The AC isn't as powerful as even Alto. Mostly for this reason i prefer not to drive it in day time. Is there any solution to it. I know , it doesn't have a compressed AC. But can the cooling capability of an 800 be made/changed to match with Alto. Since being pretty old, i would like do some testing on it. Can somebody help on this?

Re: AC change in Maruti 800

Hi TAIians,

I have M800. Its quite old. The AC isn't as powerful as even Alto. Mostly for this reason i prefer not to drive it in day time. Is there any solution to it. I know , it doesn't have a compressed AC. But can the cooling capability of an 800 be made/changed to match with Alto. Since being pretty old, i would like do some testing on it. Can somebody help on this?
Cooling capability of M800 is near about equal with Alto. But as our M800 are old and the AC compressor parts have worn out, so the cooling will be less. The cooling may increase by
1. Cleaning the condenser by pressurized water and scrubbing slowly with hard brush.
2. Opening the blower motor and cleaning the blower fan and removing any dust/deposit on the evaporator fin, using a soft brush.
3. Also get the AC gas checked (if it needs a top-up)

@ Varun Sir, I checked my AC compressor by connecting the +ve wire to the battery +ve. The clutch is engaging properly, but there is no load on engine when compressor is on. Is it because there is no Gas in the system ?? or the compressor is faulty.

Re: AC change in Maruti 800

Cooling capability of M800 is near about equal with Alto. But as our M800 are old and the AC compressor parts have worn out, so the cooling will be less. The cooling may increase by
1. Cleaning the condenser by pressurized water and scrubbing slowly with hard brush.
2. Opening the blower motor and cleaning the blower fan and removing any dust/deposit on the evaporator fin, using a soft brush.
3. Also get the AC gas checked (if it needs a top-up)

@ Varun Sir, I checked my AC compressor by connecting the +ve wire to the battery +ve. The clutch is engaging properly, but there is no load on engine when compressor is on. Is it because there is no Gas in the system ?? or the compressor is faulty.
Hi Shantanu,

I just returned from the workshop. They say that the AC for this car's capacity is functioning well. But i wasn't able to tolerate the heat when i was coming from trichy last week where the mercury level was at 106 dergree F.
The mechanic too said Alto AC's cooling capacity is just only a step above M800. He added that a better cooling can't be expected in this segment. Swift can deliver he says.

But I just want to clarify can't swift's AC unit be put into M800?????

Sir i am new in auto world , i bought Maruti 800 model 2000 with AC but AC is not working, i went for AC repairing they told me that its Condenser is not serviceable, get it change and gas converter is to be installed then only its AC will work and they told me its cost around Rs.6000. Please help me to get my AC serviceable in low coast
Raleesh, check the above quote, you have the same problem, a gas converter/valve has to be installed to fill the new R13 gas. The valve,gas and the cleaning labor will cost you to 5500/6000k.
Without installing the valve it is a waste filling the new gas, the gas will leakout gradually resulting to less cooling, if not refilled the gas will leak out completely.This is because the valve in your car cannot hold R13 it can only hold R12.
same thing is on old Zen,so if you really want your problem solved change the gas converter/valve instead of wasting your money on the refill of the gas.

Raleesh, check the above quote, you have the same problem, a gas converter/valve has to be installed to fill the new R13 gas. The valve,gas and the cleaning labor will cost you to 5500/6000k.
Without installing the valve it is a waste filling the new gas, the gas will leakout gradually resulting to less cooling, if not refilled the gas will leak out completely.This is because the valve in your car cannot hold R13 it can only hold R12.
same thing is on old Zen,so if you really want your problem solved change the gas converter/valve instead of wasting your money on the refill of the gas.
Please check what you have posted?There is no such thing as R13 gas.

Car manufacturers write R-134a so please refer to it as R-134a.

Do not use short forms.If you need to write it as R13(R134a)

The link that you provided could be a mistype on their end.No one else refers to it as R13.

@releesh and manjith,
please check post number 37, it may help you.
r13 or r134a please note that post if you really want a good chilling AC on your car this summer.

Thanks jarpickle for reminding me of the rule of avoiding short forms in the forum.

@releesh and manjith,
r13 or r134a please note that post if you really want a good chilling AC on your car this summer.

Thanks jarpickle for reminding me of the rule of avoiding short forms in the forum.
You have made the same mistake again.

Please mention it is as R134a(R13) not as R13 or R134a, it sounds as though they are two different things.

Please use Edit and make the appropriate changes.

@releesh and manjith,

Thanks Alex for the information. But i sold the car last year at a good price.My current car has R134 gas using A/c.

Re: My Maruti 800 AC - Ownership Review

Hi,
I have fitted Subros A/c in my maruti 800 in 2005 (my car is a carb 2001 model) with MASS. Its working fine, However I'm planning to go for an upgrade with a new Subros AC since I'm getting a good deal on the upgrade (offered @ a diff of 8-9K by the AC guy)
Make : Subros (I guess its 60CC)
Model : 2005
Gas : R134a
Is there any advantage of going for a new Subros Kit with an additional cost of 8-9 K since the AC mech said the old Subros compress @60CC has only 450 pounds of suction while the new one comes with a lot of technology improvement @83CC has 850 pounds of suction which will make a huge difference in cooling (offourse with a 120watt Radiator fan).

Experts Could you Please validate this and advice if there has been a real technology advancement in Subros AC's for M800 from 2005 to 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have made the same mistake again.

Please mention it is as R134a(R13) not as R13 or R134a, it sounds as though they are two different things.

Please use Edit and make the appropriate changes.
Post 37, it has an information from my experience to all the guys who have old 800 and old Zen in which the original AC gas is R12,and those who try filling the new type gas r134a is a waste because,
the original valve in your car cannot hold the new gas and the valve have to be converted to a new valve to fill the new one.
And for your information jarpickle,r134a is locally,commonly known as R13 as the former one was known as R12,the mechanics use R13 on conversation which cannot be googled and copy pasted, if you want me to be so specific to mention the gas as r134a then i will try to do so.
The main thing is we have to change to new valve to fill new gas which raleesh and manjeet and all would have understood.

Top Bottom