Maruti 800 Air Conditioner (A/C) Problems

Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

I guess the nano's belts are different so also the mounts..
Why not try Sanden compressor for more cooling.. May be your cooling coil is clogged ? Get it cleaned..

One simple test, start your car, turn on the A/C touch the any one of the AC pipes on the compressor. If it is cold then your AC is working fine..

Varun i checked that, In less than a minute after switching on A/c, i found that the pipe is super chilled, but whatevr that the cooling is not good as any other vehcle in the cabin

Then its not the problem with the compressor. Just get the condenser and also cooling coil cleaned. May be the valve in the cooling coil would be faulty just change it.(cost 1.3k) . Check whether the pipe near drier tank (silver type tank mounted to left strut pillar) is getting cooled if not need to replace the drier tank.

Then its not the problem with the compressor. Just get the condenser and also cooling coil cleaned. May be the valve in the cooling coil would be faulty just change it.(cost 1.3k) . Check whether the pipe near drier tank (silver type tank mounted to left strut pillar) is getting cooled if not need to replace the drier tank.
Varun560061, sorry for the long delay. I think the drier tank you mentioned is look like deodorant bottle like thing with a small glass in the top with one in & out pipe.I tried to upload the picture of the same.This thing or the pipes coming from this is not cooling even after switching on the A/c for 5 minutes. Instead it feels hot. Since i tried this in yesterday night..i can feel an average cooling inside the cabin.

Attachments

Varun560061, sorry for the long delay. I think the drier tank you mentioned is look like deodorant bottle like thing with a small glass in the top with one in & out pipe.I tried to upload the picture of the same.This thing or the pipes coming from this is not cooling even after switching on the A/c for 5 minutes. Instead it feels hot. Since i tried this in yesterday night..i can feel an average cooling inside the cabin.
This is drier bottle, start the car & allow it to come t normal operating temperature, switch on AC & see the glass in drier bottle if its clean (while ac is running) then gas is ok, if you find bubbles then gas is short which can hamper cooling please see & post

A/c technician checked and filled gas in last month..After that i am getting cool air from the blower. but that not sufficient to cool the car cabin especially in the noon time. that is the issue.
I can see small bubbles run very fast in the drier . I am not sure how to describe it. But it looked same at the time of gas filling also

Last edited:
1. Where it could be fixed? in front of the condenser? i think in 800 Dx already a big fan( radiator fan) continuously work behind the condenser when a/c is switched on:stupid:
2.what could be the expense for that?
3.I didn't done any cleaning in blower for long time.is this could be the issue?feels that the driver side blower(near to the right side door) is not powerful compared to the 2 nos in middle.is there anything need to do on this?
4. i can hear some noise from the belt side.My friend told it is becoz of rust and sprayed some powder while it working and it was gone for the time. But another sound starts when switching on A/c. powder not doing any magic this time. But reduces sound little bit after running for some time.(I'll use the car only in weekends. may be around 100km in Saturday/Sunday)

Last edited:
first of all get you ac belt tighten to stop squeaking. After that get your blower serviced wash it with running water pipe. If you want to get condenser fan installed get it fitted in front of condenser.

first of all get you ac belt tighten to stop squeaking. After that get your blower serviced wash it with running water pipe. If you want to get condenser fan installed get it fitted in front of condenser.
I had tightened the other belt last week.i'll go to the my workshop and do this on Saturday.But i dont feel the sound lik belt loose. instead i fear it could any bearing issue.
Can we service the blower by self or we had to visit A/c service technician for this? what could be the normal expense for this? whether the A/c gas refilling required for this?

First get the blower unit and the cooling coil cleaned, the same problem our member SS80 was facing, in the end we got it cleaned, there was hell lot of dust in the cooling coil.

You can do it your self, towards the driver side you will find the blower motor, remove the 3 screws, and the wire plug, the motor comes out. Just take your car to near by washing center ask them to use the vacuum to clean inside the blower unit (here he charges 50rs)..

Also check if the cooling effect remains for more than 5 min, if yes the valve is working fine or else the valve is blocked hence there will be no circulation of the gas between the compressor and other components, so final result no cooling !!

Regarding the driver side air went, it is normal in all 800's that there is lesser air flow.

I guess I have explained all the questions, hope it helped you.

I think you can wash it yourself as if you will go to AC man he will open the blower & refill the gas. Try to locate the blower & see if yu can wash it with running water you will need some pressure.

As in the pic's I can see that his is a type 1 800, so when we wash the blower unit water leaks out, it may cause problems to the wiring around it, so better to use vacuum.

If you are confident enough that there is no wiring in and around the blower, water can be sprayed, it will be drained through the drain pipe.

If needed use a sponge dip it with water and clean it.

Varun I will post fotos tomorrow so as where blower is located & how you can wash it. AC blower is located at left side below dashboard

Top Bottom