Maruti 800 Air Conditioner (A/C) Problems

A fan can be added in front of the condenser, but it will look ugly. I have seen few 800s with condenser fan fitted in front. The bumper has to be cut precisely to make space for the fan and then the fan is fitted. I'll try to click a pic of that car and post here.

Hi mahilaljayanath sorry for the delayed response. If your car is a std model you can go for the fan which comes with a/c model.

As there is no space to fit a fan in front of the condenser.

Why not try adding a bigger blower motor (in terms of wattage)..
Varun, what is wattage of standard blower motor and what is the wattage of the proposed one? Any idea?

A fan can be added in front of the condenser, but it will look ugly. I have seen few 800s with condenser fan fitted in front. The bumper has to be cut precisely to make space for the fan and then the fan is fitted. I'll try to click a pic of that car and post here.
Please do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Varun, what is wattage of standard blower motor and what is the wattage of the proposed one? Any idea?
The stock blower is 80 watts I guess, I have bought a Xylo's (rear blower motor) which is 120 watts and fits directly. The only issue is the squirrel cage is in the opposite direction of our stock cage. So its sucking air instead of blowing. [frustration]

Still working on it to replace it with stock squirrel cage to that motor.
Will try to post some pic's by week end.

The stock blower is 80 watts I guess, I have bought a Xylo's (rear blower motor) which is 120 watts and fits directly. The only issue is the squirrel cage is in the opposite direction of our stock cage. So its sucking air instead of blowing. [frustration]

Still working on it to replace it with stock squirrel cage to that motor.
Will try to post some pic's by week end.
Varun, fixing higher wattage fan will add an additional load on alternator. (Recently I replaced the regulator in the alternator). Do you think it is advisable to fix higher wattage fan?

Hi Varun / All,

My 1999 model M 800 AC suddenly stopped working. AC Mechanic told AC Clutch Coil has gone and line out is not coming out so the compressor is not starting.

1. Assembly + Coil ( 2800)
2. Gas filling (1200)
3. labour charges (700)

About 5 months back filter has been cleaned and Gas has been fillled. Can someone guide me on this

Thanks,
prasath

Hi Prasath, I would suggest you not to spend money on AC in a car that is more than 14yrs old! You might end up changing a lot of things and it would not feel like VFM at all.

Hi All,

I own 800 (99) with R12 gas system. I inquired with AC mechanic he said, few pipes needs to be changed in order to convert it to R134a. I'm going through these posts, the others users mentioned that Valve needs to be changed and not PIPE. I'm confused.

Can some please confirm the parts that needs to be changed to convert R12 to R134a?

Thanks,

Hiten

Dear Hiten The Ac in Maruti CAR is not that cool however it still works suitably. My suggestion would be dont change any thing if the ac is working slightly
just clean all the components change the dryer bottle , and O rings and fill the Dupont ICEON equivalent gas (R12 - Alternative Gas). you can PM me if any details are needed.

I have filled it im my car and it is nearly one year since filling and still it cools well without any issues , however i have done it as a diy , so i bought the filling kit manifold also a couple of things and a vacum pump was borrowed for doing this job.

Last edited:
I have recently serviced my 99 M800 AC unit, the guy cleaned the condencer with acid water and change two valves at L & H ports he also pour some compressor oil and refill the system with Godrej Hydrocarbon Gas which is R12 as per him. That time he sprayed lots of water in the condencer and we checked the AC grill lowest was 14 degree. Cabin temp was also good. He also performed a soap test at all the joints and valves to ensure no lecks and everything was fine. But on road in this summer noon I am not happy with the performence of the AC. Even in the evening three people on board the result was not satisfactory. What could be the problem friends?

One thing this guy didnt touch the cabin evaporetor coil, will cleaning this help? Can I do it myself. Please help friends.

I have recently serviced my 99 M800 AC unit, the guy cleaned the condencer with acid water and change two valves at L & H ports he also pour some compressor oil and refill the system with Godrej Hydrocarbon Gas which is R12 as per him. That time he sprayed lots of water in the condencer and we checked the AC grill lowest was 14 degree. Cabin temp was also good. He also performed a soap test at all the joints and valves to ensure no lecks and everything was fine. But on road in this summer noon I am not happy with the performence of the AC. Even in the evening three people on board the result was not satisfactory. What could be the problem friends?

One thing this guy didnt touch the cabin evaporetor coil, will cleaning this help? Can I do it myself. Please help friends.
Cleaning the cabin evaporator coil or cooling coil is required, especially in dusty areas. It is also better to check the coil for leaks and replace it if any found. Mostly they have dust or even leaves accumulated on top thereby reducing cooling efficiency.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...-new-delhi-my-cooling-coil-before-service.jpg

Last edited:
Cleaning the cabin evaporator coil or cooling coil is required, especially in dusty areas. It is also better to check the coil for leaks and replace it if any found. Mostly they have dust or even leaves accumulated on top thereby reducing cooling efficiency.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...-new-delhi-my-cooling-coil-before-service.jpg
Thanks but can you guide me how to open the M800 cabin evaporator & blower fan section. Should I need to open the dashboard. Some picture will help me.

Non working M800 AC

Hi, friends, I am new here, as well as in the car world. My 1999 M800 AC unit was recently serviced and working somehow decently ( not to my liking). Any way, yeserday I was been to a local shop to install a Music system and speaker, as my previous owner remove the unit when he sold me the car. The guy who installed the unit in my car yesterday, had cut some old cable saying that, these are useless and was for the old unit, that time I didnt bother, but in the eve I found that AC is not working.

It was too late, so today I checked and found that the blower is ok and running in all three speed, AC is not going on. I suspect that guy yesterday cut a cable with a black bulb kind of thing in the end of it. I thought it was the remote sensor for old music system.

Any help friends. Thanks in advance.

MEHNAT KA FAL THANDA HOTA HAI
That I would say after doing the DIY AC gas charging.
I have a R12 setup with Sanden 507 compressor.

IMG_20150425_100935.jpg
IMG_20150425_101015.jpg
The encircled blue thing is the Suction(Low Side) and the other in Red is the Discharge (High side valve)

IMG_20150425_213626.jpg
Its best to replace the receiver drier bottle(If its more than 5 years old and the AC has been serviced by filling air) to get max out of your AC. The Receiver drier stores excess oil and gas when AC is not in use. Its main work is to absorb all the moisture from the system.

IMG_20150425_213634.jpg
See the dirt that can be seen from the sight glass. Compare the old and new sight glass.
IMG_20150426_083215.jpg

IMG_20150427_215735.jpg

IMG_20150427_215925.jpg

IMG_20150427_220057.jpg

IMG_20150425_213846.jpg

IMG_20150427_220126.jpg

IMG_20150429_103356.jpg

Last edited:
In the above posts you can see the pics of the equipment that were used in the work

Following is the cost of the equipments

Gauge set and the 3 charging hoses Rs 800
The two meter charging hose (black) Rs 150
Teflon Tape Rs 15
Thermometer Rs 200
Gas can tap Rs 120
Compressor Borrowed from a fridge/AC repair shop

Gas R134a 500gm Blue Star can for Rs 300
250gm compressor oil for 180 (only 30cc used) as I replaced the drier bottle.
O rings (buy R134 compatible o rings)

IMG_20150425_214234.jpg
The gas can

IMG_20150427_220148.jpg
Compressor Oil

IMG_20150429_063304.jpg
The compressor (Note the pipe is connected to vacuum side)
Never ever fill air in the AC system

Notice the difference between the old and new oil
IMG_20150429_073626.jpg
IMG_20150429_082945.jpg

System being vaccumed
IMG_20150429_070604.jpg
IMG_20150429_070611.jpg

The Precautions and Procedure

First the Precautions:
1. Wear safety Glasses and Gloves.
2. Keep a cotton cloth to wipe off your hands when they come in contact with the compressor oil.
3. Have someone near to shut off the engine in case of emergency

Now the procedure (This is for a completely empty system)
Connect both the low and high pressure hoses and close both valves on the manifold
Connect the center black hose to the vacuum side of the compressor and turn it on and open both the valves on the gauge
Let the system evacuate for half an our to -30 in the low pressure dial and below 0 in high pressure dial 45 minutes would be better
then close the valves and shut off the compressor.
Let it stand like this for a minimum of 45 minutes. During this process turn on the car and accelerate To check it the vacuum breaks due to vibration (DO NOT TURN ON AC AT THIS TIME)
the more time you keep in vacuum the better the testing of leaks

After the leak testing now its time to fill the gas
Disconnect the center hose from compressor and connect it to the gas can via the tap
Open the tap and let gas fill the hose
now bleed the hose by loosening the center valve near manifold a little. tighten it as soon as you hear a hiss.

open the gas can valve fully and open both the valves
The vacuum inside the system will suck 10-15% of gas. Then shut off the high pressure valve fully and start the car and turn on the AC. do not invert the gas can.
as the gas starts going in the system the can will start freezing Put it in a small bucket of water so that the temperature will normalize.

As the gas keeps flowing put the thermometer in the center hose and check the temperature Fill the gas according to pressure and requirement. (Different cars have different pressure and gas requirement)

My setup requires 630 gm and I have filled 500gm so the cooling will be 1 degree less

But I'm totally satisfied with the temp output

Last edited:

Top Bottom