March 2015 Sales Figures of Cars in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointing to see Scorpio vs Safari / Storme numbers. India's original modern SUV selling in and around 500 pieces a month. Unlike other Tata cars, this is one car that had a loyal following and a cult status. Tata should push it's products aggressively in ASEAN. Show your middle finger to the Indians.

The problem with Tata Motors is the number of active Dealers where the company has made Zest & Bolt available. Over the last 3-4 years, Tata Motors lost most of it's dealers to competition. If you see, Tata Motors has still not been able to make the Zest & Bolt available to many of it's dealers in cities other than the Top-50 or 100 cities. I was surprised to see that even cities like Kolhapur or Satara, which are between 120 to 250 kms from Pune, have no dealer actively selling Zest & Bolt. If a customer books with them, they are sourcing a car from a dealer in Pune. Apart from ramping up production, the company needs to increase the dealer network penetration to more cities.

The dealer network issue is the single biggest stumbling block for growth in sales of Tata Motors products. A few days back I had visited the Concorde Motors showroom in Pune and found substantial activity at the dealership. A good number of cars were being delivered on that day. When asked, I was told that it's pretty normal nowadays to deliver over 10 cars per day.

Last edited:
I am not surprise to see that i20 Elite inching closer to Maruti , am sure will eat up swift market.
Isn't it eating it already? Day by day, I see i20 on roads just like Alto. Every day I get to see a lot of i20, and new one's out of showroom. This is quite a sight. Because I have this habit if counting number of brands while travelling to keep me busy, and most of the times(personal cars), MS comes first and then rest is not in my mind, This is the first time I see so many Hyundai's for a change. Sadly, Zest is no where to be seen.

Great Analysis 350z [clap]
Chevrolet sales have dropped down miserably, their bread and butter Beat and Tavera are merely ticking 1200 wholesale units per month inspite of mouthwatering schemes. Wonder why
Chevrolet is not introducing some Indian market oriented product which can pull them up and regain their market share.
The Tavera emission problem and Sail Diesel Turbo malfunction defect have troubled Chevrolet maintain thier image in the market.
Chevyrolet needs new products to gain market share they failed with enjoy and coming up with Spin thats good but i feel that its time to shut down 2nd Gen Chevrolet Spark and bring All New 4th Gen Chevrolet Spark with(1.2L P and 1.3L D engines) position slightly above Chevrolet Beat to fight with Swift

Isn't it eating it already? Day by day, I see i20 on roads just like Alto. Every day I get to see a lot of i20, and new one's out of showroom. This is quite a sight. Because I have this habit if counting number of brands while travelling to keep me busy, and most of the times(personal cars), MS comes first and then rest is not in my mind, This is the first time I see so many Hyundai's for a change. Sadly, Zest is no where to be seen.
I am perlexed too. I was an Amaze buyer till I test drove Zest and there was no looking back - this is a car much more thoughtfully designed than Amaze, Swift etc. It's priced lower and also answers well that classic question "Kitna Deti Hai?", I am surprised it's not flying off the shelves. Is this a supply bottleneck or something?[confused]

Honda vehicle sales are promising. Their strategic product line up is excellent.
All are continuing and contributing to their total sales. They become third in Indian car sales. CR-V is also doing good.

Pajero Sport sales also growing. Relief to Mitsubishi, and Hindustan Motors.

Chevyrolet needs new products to gain market share they failed with enjoy and coming up with Spin thats good but i feel that its time to shut down 2nd Gen Chevrolet Spark and bring All New 4th Gen Chevrolet Spark with(1.2L P and 1.3L D engines) position slightly above Chevrolet Beat to fight with Swift
The upcoming trailblazer suv from chevrolet, lot depends on it, how chevy plays with it. Looks good and better in performance compared to fortuner. Lets hope they price it well and give good A. S. S

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
March 2015: Sales Summary Report By SIAM

SIAM-Sales-Summary-1.png

SIAM-Sales-Summary-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total of 23,366,246 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in April-March 2015 as against 21,500,165 in April-March 2014, registering a growth of 8.68 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 3.90 percent in April-March 2015 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles segment, Passenger Cars and Utility Vehicles grew by 4.99 percent and 5.30 percent respectively, while Vans declined by (-) 10.19 percent in April-March 2015 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a de-growth of (-) 2.83 percent in April-March 2015 as compared to same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) grew by 16.02 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles declined by (-) 11.57 percent.

Three Wheelers sales grew by 10.80 percent in April-March 2015 over the same period last year. Passenger Carriers and Goods Carriers grew by 12.16 percent and 5.27 percent respectively in April-March 2015 over April-March 2014.

Two Wheelers sales registered growth of 8.09 percent in April-March 2015 over April-March 2014. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 25.06 percent, 2.50 percent and 4.51 percent respectively in April-March 2015 over April-March 2014.

Exports

In April-March 2015, overall automobile exports grew by 14.89 percent over the same period last year. Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers grew by 4.42 percent, 11.33 percent, 15.44 percent and 17.93 percent respectively during April-March 2015 over the same period last year.
Drive Safe,
350Z

E. One thing I have begun to wonder i.e inspite of being unsafe, how is Maruti Omni making its way in top 10 sellers?

Regards

Akash
I think ambulance.
Bolero on the other hand notching up 10k sales every month by selling to the police and tourist vehicles in the mountains.

I guess the Zest and Bolt will need time-time for word of mouth to spread that tata build quality and sales & service are on par with the rest of the field. I agree with the others that perhaps aggressive pricing at launch( like the XUVs killer launch price) could have been tried..now reducing prices will make TML look desperate.
My beloved Aria and Venture (figures from elsewhere) seem to be having cosmetic sales ,making one wonder if production should stop!
Hope the revised Storme is launched soon-another product with no buzz

Can anybody who knows please share/clarify if the monthly sales figures for M&M Bolero also includes the following variants? I needed it for some purpose. Thanks

Bolero Pickup.
Bolero Camper. (double cabin)

I think ambulance.
Bolero on the other hand notching up 10k sales every month by selling to the police and tourist vehicles in the mountains.
No wonder on Omni sales, They are compact,easy to use in congested city routes and affordable to own,cheaper spares and easy to maintain at any local workshops makes

Omni ambulances are selling though, Due to their cheap initial price, people buying this as taxis(with LPG/CNG), small scale business(like catering), school bus and for their personal use to.

Thanks Vibhor for clear and precise to the point analysis without adding any junk statistics.

I am wondering if it is possible to have state wise numbers, at least for the top 10 selling cars ? I do not find many Boleros where I come from and curious to find where does it sell to be in top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom