Volkswagen March 2014 Indian Car Sales Figures

Jetta, Set, Go

350Z

Core Team
Summary Report By SIAM

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 1,854,157 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in March 2014 as against 1,686,348 in March 2013, registering a growth of 9.95 percent over the same month last year. The growth continues to be on account of growth in two wheelers production.

Domestic Sales

The overall domestic sales during April-March 2014 grew marginally by 3.53 percent over the same period last year because of growth in Scooters and motorcycles sales.

The sales of Passenger Vehicles declined by (-) 6.05 percent during April-March 2014 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans dropped by (-) 4.65 percent, (-) 5.01 percent and (-) 19.58 percent respectively during April-March 2014 compared to the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a de-growth of (-) 20.23 percent in April-March 2014 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered negative growth at (-) 25.33 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles also dropped by (-) 17.62 percent.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 10.90 percent in April-March 2014 over the same period last year. Passenger Carriers and Goods Carriers declined by (-) 12.74 percent and (-) 2.53 percent respectively in April-March 2014 over April-March 2013.

Two Wheelers sales registered growth of 7.31 percent during April-March 2014 over April-March 2013. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters and Motorcycles grew at 23.24 percent and 3.91 percent respectively, while Mopeds declined by (-) 8.35 percent in April-March 2014 over April-March 2013.

Exports

During April-March 2014, overall automobile exports grew by 7.21 percent. Passenger Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered growth at 6.09 percent 16.60 percent and 6.52 percent respectively, while Commercial Vehicles declined by (-) -3.71 percent during April-March 2014 compared to the same period last year.
Drive Safe,
350Z

^^ They are exporting more than domestic sales i guess. Sad to say this but may be "WOW" doesn't go with ecosport anymore. And I guess its mainly due to the ford management's attitude. Bad figures on a good product.

Last edited:
SUV sales gone up for all car makers , the election effect. [;)]
Good sales for maruti as usual

Good work with the presentation.

Hyundai mutated i10 with ES looks & maybe got them Grandi10 to no.5 for few months, now at no.6. Duster was in the top 10 last year this time & lost numbers YoY & ES seems similar story! Indica Vista or even Nano may well break the 5K mark at some point.

Last edited:
Finally the most awaited thread and very well put together!

City is the star of the month and I would not be surprised if it crosses the 10K mark in April. Just imagine if Honda had launched the city diesel 2-3 years back in the market!

Ford needs to up their game and they must price the new fiesta sensibly. As far as I can remember, the new fiesta couldn't even outsell the old Linea for most of the months

Chevrolet figures show there is hardly any excitement for their cars in the market. Worse, it seems even they are not very excited about the Indian market.

I think its appropriate to call FIAT the dark horse. Month on month their sales are rising, though slowly. Outselling Skoda with just two models is an achievement. With new models on the horizon, things should only go up for them. I wish them luck and I hope they make the 1.3 MJD VGT (90BHP) standard across all variants of Punto!

What a show by City, it is outselling Verna by 3 times. But strange thing is where is it bringing these customers from. Verna and Vento sale is affected by only 1000 units.

What is ford doing, good product, priced ok and people are ready to buy but they cant build enough. What was there management expecting? Still remember the tall claims of Ex CEO Joginder Singh during his interview with SVP. They screwed two fantastic products (new fiesta and ecosport).

Last edited:
Two surprises

Omni what is it doing in top ten! even after the launch of Eeco
Innova sliding in sales dramatically .

And one more wish for Tata pls make a complete face-lift for Aria .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom